9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

Grab a Snickers.

1 Like

Templates sucked because we had to get a high ilvl in PvE gear to be viable in PvP. And PvP felt like it had no rewards, that’s why people were so hyped for SL PvP gear because we finally had an incentive.

A lot of people including streamers were not complaining about “secondary stats” it was because there was no incentive and PvPers were being forced to PvE.

they should make versa the pvp stat

only works against players
1% more damage dealt
1% less damage received

replace versa with multistrike and make it to work with proc based specs or talents/abilities

If people want a real tiered arena they will have to deal with their gear scaled down to the arena rating they are playing at. If they want to give out gear rewards like pve they can reward gear along with the titles

2 Likes

Not everyone wants to only PvP though. I would like to PvP above 2400 and mythic raid/ m+ 20+. So I would like to be equally rewarded from both since they are give or take on the same level.

I want to be able to use gear from both systems back and forth. It is not “fine” that PvP gear would be weaker in PVE and vice-versa, since I will only have 1 choice. What if I want to do both contents? What about multi-spec?

Currently, there’s very little problem with the gearing. There is no problem with the current system, only baby PVEers that want to do 1 dung per week and kill 2 bosses and get the best loot. They hate the fact that there’s another way of getting gear too.

And I don’t want to hear “I HAVE TO GET this item from PVP or my char isn’t good”. What we HAD TO DO was in BFA getting Raden weapons for PVP.

The system is good for most players since most players do a bit of everything. The system is bad only for the #4everPvE-tryhards players who do not want to step foot in PVP and want to be on limit’s level.

oMG I can’t escape the rating gated madness that has gripped WoW HQ!

They brought more rating gates over to TBC Classic too now. :sob:

/facepalm

8 Likes

Bump plop, back to the top, don’t let it drop!

3 Likes

bumpity bump

2 Likes

You gotta get to 2.2k for some shoulders…? Am I reading that correctly? My head hurts…

There was some stuff in og tbc… I don’t remember it like that though… Weren’t the weapons at 1800 and the shoulders/helm somewhere above that?!

Welp they just killed tbc for me. Cool stuff, I guess I can stop leveling in classic and unsub.

1 Like

The first two seasons were not rating gated at all in the original TBC.

For TBC Classic I was so happy to only have two pieces behind rating and for only 2 seasons.

Now they are adding rating requirements where there were none at all.

And where there were rating requirements, they are extending that to even more gear.

How many times to we have to pound this out on the forums?

Rating requirements on gear makes for a worse game.

6 Likes

Yes ok yes

3 Likes

World of Warcraft saw strong reach, engagement and participation in value added services

token salez BOIZzz!!!

2 Likes

gates = more token sales (for now)
WoW is currently embracing the ptw model

tis the beginning of the end :sob:

4 Likes

For bump purposes and my curiosity, can you explain the correlation of this rating gate system with WoW token sales?

The only reason we heard from a blue on the “arena is dead nobody is queueing” post is because that was easy to respond to. They cherry picked the start of the season when every pver and their grandma was buying boosts so that they could say “OHH LOOK THE GAME IS MORE ACTIVE THAN IT’S EVER BEEN” they are actually calling us stupid by doing that, and it’s disrespectful, it’s a complete lie… it’s SO dead right now that r1 cutoff is DROPPING in rating number while being artificially inflated LOL. Blizzard has proved to us that they’re unwilling to address the actual problem and it’s truly sad.

6 Likes

Boosting is so out of hand I got drive-by boosted the other week by Absterge. Was trying to do low cr 2’s on an alt and next thing I know I’m playing with Grievous Gladiator Stergedumpy who is (as his name suggests) dumping on kids in the 15hundo bracket with me. I didn’t even know who he was until 3 games in lol. Imagine how bad it has gotten when people who aren’t even looking for a boost are getting one on accident. Lmao fix your game.

5 Likes

Personally, my preference for gearing up is PvP, as opposed to PvE.

PvP is dynamic and always changing, PvE is static, repetitive, unrealistic boss encounters that feel like children dance games, and utterly boring. What type of people are making this stuff?!?!? For crying out loud man!

Why should PvP gear help in PvE? Well, we have to do the PvE content, you can’t progress in the game at all if you don’t. If you want to compete in PvP, you must PvE to some extent. Torghast, soul ash, legendaries. Unlocking Covenant Soulbinds through renown, world quests, world boss fights, anima grind, soul gathering in the maw. All of these things are PvE related, to help you get PvP optimized and be on the best footing possible in the Arena (if it were even).

Do you know how pissed I’d be if I get PvP gear and it’s worthless in PvE? Then I also have to PvE to be able to farm PvE content for the reasons stated in the above paragraph? That is going to be complete garbage.

So in 9.0 Blizzard forces PvEers to PvP to get good gear? And now when 9.1 comes out, they force PvPers to PvE to get good gear for PvE content? What is going on man?!!? Are you guys so disconnected from what’s going on that you have no idea? Think of the ideological mindset behind PvPing and PvEing. PvP for skill factor. Equality of items to optimize skill focus. PvE is a “who can overpower this boss with the highest ilvl gear?”

I think PvP items should still provide a non-gimped means to progress in PvE content, but not PvE in PvP progression, and that is because of the ideological differences of each type of gameplay and the way you’ve designed the Shadowlands content overall. I can’t believe nobody at Blizzard has caught onto this by now.

5 Likes

we’re still here.

2 Likes

An additional post for visibility. Let’s keep this the most active thread on our forum if not the entire site.

9 Likes