9.1 PTR Changes for Holy Priest (big buff)

Brainfarted and forgot they only give 6k instead of 4k.

I wish they would make it %max mana, especially considering how long the cooldown is compared to other mana regen abilities.

1 Like

From raid testing I’ve seen (others plz correct me if I’m wrong) but it looks like Holy might have a chance to shine this tier. Not a lot of fights where SS can realistically be used well leading to a huge drop off in hps.

A variety of timers etc. where having reactive throughput might be better. I’m excited for this priest and my mistweaver.

I’ve seen some of the new raid fights and it’s looking like the absorb-damage reduction meta in Nathria is going to be less of a thing. There’s more individual debuffs on people that they have to run out of the group and more group movement. Seeing lots of holy priests as well in the tester groups.

1 Like

Holy priest is still going to the worst healer in 9.1 nothing has changed. Blizz has said they want Holy to have utility or fulfill some sort of support role but refuse to give us the tools to do so.

Yes but paladins look stupid. So there’s that.

That’s all I can say, cuz…there’s nothing actually bad about them. RiP other healers 2021

It seems pretty worthless for anyone except a Spriest running Death resets, and it isn’t even good for them over their current leggos.

If you’re not a spriest, your only chance to make this even slightly worth is running Kiss of Death, but that’s two leggos. Otherwise, it’s literally only a 25% increase and you’d never buff it more than the once. None of the faerie effects are strong enough that boosting them 25% will beat… well any leggo lol.

I honestly like the datamined Necrolord leggo, but we have no numbers for it so it could also be horrible trash, and even if it wasn’t, FC is pretty difficult to compete with. But it currently reads like it’s a more controlled divine image, which could actually be nice.

Let’s get real. No holy priest is ever going to use something other than FC unless (1) they’re farting around in easier content, or (2) Blizzard makes it baseline.

Holy does not have Mana issue in arena. When I was playing regularly the issue was never “I’m gonna run out of Mana before I died” and we won literally every mana battle. The issue was “I don’t have the raw healing through-put to keep people alive into dampening” that was the issue.

As holy you win quickly or you die when your healing is simply not strong enough during dampening.

They updated the Priest legos on the PTR, but the Necrolord one isn’t fully in yet.

Bwonsamdi’s Pact
Enter a pact with the Death Loa, calling forth a haunted mask that lingers on a target until Fae Guardians ends.
: Copies the benefit of the current faerie on its target. Follows your Direct Mask.

Shadow Word: Manipulation
Mindgames lasts an additional 3000 sec and reverses an additional 10% damage or healing. When Mindgames ends, gain 3% Critical Strike for each second remaining for 10 sec.

Spheres’ Harmony
Boon of the Ascended’s cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds, up to 60 sec, for each stack of Boon of the Ascended consumed by Ascended Eruption.

As a NF player I have absolutely no idea how Bwonsamdi’s Pact is supposed to work and it seems worse than what we had before.

Still absolutely nothing worth dropping FC for.

The new venthyr legendary is just a better mindgames conduit :stuck_out_tongue: pretty lame tbh.
Still a good legendary for PvP Hpriest

Some more PvP talent stuff today…

Sanctified Ground (replaces Holy Word: Concentration)
Tank Specs – Row 1 PvP Talent
Requires Priest (Holy)
Requires level 20
Holy Word: Sanctify blesses the ground with divine light, causing all allies who stand within to be immune to all silence and interrupt effects. Lasts for 5 sec.

I tested it on the PTR and it makes an immunity radius that’s the size of sanctify. This talent here feels like it’ll be really strong if you combo it with Greater Heal or use it on a caster heavy team. I’m just not sure if it’s still buggy on uneven terrain like the old talent was.

Spirit of the Reedemer now has a 2 minute cooldown instead of 3 minutes.

This change here is pretty interesting because by default Spirit of the Reedemer makes you go into angel form for 8s (10.5s with Afterlife talent) so it’s basically an immune (and can trick people that you’re dead). It went from a talent that was just for memes to something that might actually be good, but of course the only negative side is you can’t use Xanshi with it.

For actual PvP talent choices… not really sure for season 2. Cardinal Mending is pretty much a dead talent unless you’re playing against a DoT heavy team, but it’s also free innate HPS.

Sanctified Ground feels like its going to be the must have pick to replace Cardinal Mending because you’ll now have a buffer zone where you can free cast without worrying about getting kicked. In Apotheosis you can just sit there for 8s+ without fear of getting interrupted and just spam single target heals on people.

That leaves Miracle Worker as your 2nd PvP talent… and then you have the choice of 4 defensives: Greater Fade, Divine Ascension, Holy Ward, or Spirit of Redeemer.

Greater Heal might make a come-back when combo’d with Sanctified Ground, but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

isnt harmonious appartus competitive/decent?

HPS wise Flash Concentration is literally over a 1k hps @ 5 stacks plus Heal costs 600 less mana a cast than FH. Harmonious is around 300 hps if you’re using it under ideal circumstances.

Just for normal content FC runs circles around Harmonious, but priests usually don’t use FC in PvP so it’s fine with that content.

No, people assumed Harmonius would be competitive when they didn’t know how flash concentration would work, since during the late beta/launch stage, legendary functionality was all over the place.

Harmonius is incredibly far behind Flash Concentration even in raid content. It’s also behind all the rest of Hpriest’s leggos, actually, so long as they’re actually getting use. A X’anshi spirit of redemption cheese where you spam PoH for 15 seconds will do more than harmonius through an entire fight so long as those PoH weren’t overhealing.

Because realistically, the way to measure how impactful harmonius is, is to take its CDR, and turn that into a ‘healing’ value based on Serenity/sanc’s cooldowns. Then compare it to just casting heal (and therefore getting serenity off CD faster, because heal reduces the CD more than harmonius does because neither CoH or PoM are spammable) Basically it adds up to your CoH doing ~300? more healing, and your PoM doing ~200 more healing per cast. Which is effectively worse than just casting a regular heal, let alone how far behind it is vs a flash concentration heal.

Even if HA were to be competitive numbers-wise, it doesn’t fix a gaping hole in our toolkit like FC does, and you would need to be pigeonholed into raid healing to consider it.

1 Like

This is my gripe with FC. You NEED it to push keys unlike shamans and pallies who have a complete enough toolkit that they can afford to run a dps leggo in high m+ dungeons

I think most classes are pigeonholed to one or two choices in the +20 range, tbh. And I don’t know if you can call mad paragon a ‘damage legendary’ really, since it extends wings, which is the primary reason for taking it.

I find it’s actually not that bad healing at +16ish with a different leggo so long as you’re not running Trail of Light. Renewed Faith seems a lot better when you’re running Divine Image or something of the like, since Flash heal ToL is actually rather low, and I think Flash Conc. having such a high base heal is really the only reason to consider ToL right now.

To be honest, I can never get into Rshaman because it just doesn’t flow as well as Holy with Flash Concentration. Paladin is a different story, though.

There’s quite a few heal specs that are stuck with mandatory legos. 96% of Disc Priests only use one lego. Almost similar numbers for Resto Shamans.

I’ve tested almost every lego for Holy and there’s just significant problems with most of them.

Divine Image is bad RNG. It’s about a 26-28% proc rate when you cast a Holy Word and you can easily go 5+ minutes without a single proc. When it does proc it’s pretty cool, but overall it’ll only be like 3-5% of your healing/dmg. It’s fun to use in Torghast if anything…

Cauterizing Shadows is only good on multi-target scenarios and requires too much micromanagment for little overall gains. X’anshi is memes for arenas… and Twins has its niche role.

The new covenant specific legendaries aren’t any better than Harmonious or Flash Concentration so nobody will be using them for PvE. For PvP it’s really up in the air, but there’s the potential for the Night Fae one to be OP if you can give somebody double damage reduction (40%) for 20s…

So yeah… until we’re offered the choice to equip 2 legendaries (if its ever a thing) … there’s just not much options in your choices. Being able to use FC and then pick which 2nd legendary would offer the best benefits sounds more fun than the lousy options we have right now.