9.1 Heartstop Aura is gone. sad day

Just went on the ptr and its gone.

I has been replaced with “Shroud of WInter” Enemies withing 8 yards of you become shrouded in winter, reducing the range of their spells and abilities by 30%

Edit:

Now that i think about it, this new talent might be good. If you are trucking a fire mage, that mage will struggle to poly or dps your healer because they will always be out of range

5 Likes

Well, that’s absolutely lame.

8 Likes

Where did you see details of Shroud of Winter?

Upsetting to see heart stop go, hopefully theres more DK changes (for the good) coming.

log onto the ptr

1 Like

That talent is trash

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they removed Delirium next.

2 Likes

It’s almost comical at this point that we seen a FDK nerf before a Arms or Ret nerf in the patch notes.

I know, I know - still VERY early. Just something comical to point out cough remember the chill streak nerf while arms was left untouched cough

25 Likes

That was a shock to me :grimacing:

This new one seems just as good. It’ll be interesting to see how it truly functions in action against healers as well.

No where near. Heart stop impacted both ranged and melee & all CD abilities within range.

Instead of impacting the CD rate of abilities, it only decreases the range of their abilities. It’ll feel worse going into double casters than it currently does because Heart Stop slowed down things like Fire Mages combust along with their mobility to get away. Or Rets wings for melee.

6 Likes

… and Necrotic Strike still does not apply Death’s Due. Allow me to express my feelings in a mature way possible.

Ahem… -clears throat-

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT: ALSO WTF IS WAKING DREAMS!? When you take damage below 80% of your health, you gain a shield equal to 30% of the damage amount!? LIKE JESUS.

2 Likes

Im so livid with this dev team its unreal. Actually getting to the point of being unsub worthy

Ah yes lets just completely remove fdks strongest honor talent and replace it with a boring mundane and generally useless talent youll never use outside of 3s and then proceed to not change anything else or look at the other useless talents not buff any ability that could be buffed and call it a day

Meanwhile more meta classes are still left completely unchanged

Like why does DK have to be the most targeted and nerfed class in this game. Theres literally not another class in this game that has as many pvp nerfs as dk

25 Likes

Rogues???

I’m thinking what he means is base abilities that are nerfed only in PvP.

Like Pillar, Death Strike and Frostwyrm’s Fury.

I could be wrong, though.

7 Likes

Might be true :slight_smile:

This is exactly what i mean

3 Likes

Didn’t say anything, sorry.

A hope is that gear scaling will impact FDK’s greatly, as it should. By how much though is something we can only speculate on at the moment.

Ah yes let me wait another year and a half before my class starts being able to properly function it totally justifies the months leading up to it of being garbage

13 Likes

Time to re-roll arms, Bliz doesn’t seem to want to touch them in any negative way.

1 Like

It sounds like an overall negative tradeoff for both the DK and their healer. One blink through a cc’d DK to the healer side and the benefit is nullified. Guess DKs are no longer the bane of magic ranged casters. The Mage can tank the DK with triune, run circles around them with nova, blink, and poly until they set up a combust. And apparently with reduced cast times now.

8 Likes