(9.1 Demonology) Should Fel Obelisk be a PVE talent?

I feel like the Fel Obelisk PVP talent (Summon a Fel Obelisk with 5% of your maximum health. Empowers you and your minions within 40 yds, increasing attack speed by 20% and reducing the cast time of spells by 20% for 20 sec.) should be a PVE talent which replaces the Inner Demons talent so that you are not forced to take Grimoire: Fel Guard. This way your Demonic Tyrant CD is easier to sync up with all the rest of your spells.

Thoughts?

10 Likes

I really like the inner demon talent, but I think it should be made a passive of the skills baseline, and added something new instead. both Lord Vil and this vile pillar talent would be good options.

Fel Lord= aoe
Fel guard = single target
Fel obelisk = buff

7 Likes

No, it shouldn’t.

Just because something is powerfull don’t mean you should instantly add that to PVE too, even if that would be powerfull in there.

Obelisks blow the budget of Inner Demons out of the water, hell, it would probably be over the budget of even the DeCon/Sac Souls/Nether Portal row.

Obelisks pushes you even more on a burst profile, meaning outside of when you have all the cooldowns up and running you are doing nothing as damage (even more than now)

Even if it’s cool to have multiple synergistic effects being synced together, having too much of a good thing can be bad, and having tyrant and obelisk existing together would be such a thing.

Now, you could speak of replacing tyrant for obelisk, but be aware the way obelisk is balanced its because its a pvp talent, once it came to PVE…i doubt it would stay as a 45s CD.

1 Like

As much as I would like it, it would be way to strong.

If they were to cap the stamina stacking we abuse, then we can talk about it being added, but even then, we’re talking about a mini lust, which we would need to be balanced around.

Now, if they reworked tyrant soul to cause a 10% haste buff for its duration after tyrant, I would say that would be a better option then flat out giving us the god totem.

Yeah gotta agree with the others here, it’s basically a personal mini lust. It’s balanced for PvP in that someone can just turn around and kill it, or the fight moves away from it, but PvE mobs aren’t going to do that unless you stupidly put it down in front of a patrol or something, and boss fights generally stay in the same general vicinity, so you’re basically guaranteed the full duration.

Demo locks already have the potential of being stupidly OP in the future once we get enough stats plus stamina, Fel Obelisk would just break us much sooner and get us nerfed.

No, god no.

What it SHOULD replace is Sacrificed Souls, to make that tier competitive.

Absolutely nobody takes Sac Souls, it’s uber dead.

1 Like

Deci dbolt pvp build does.

Obelisk has a risk/reward factor bc its low hp and enemies can 1 tap it… in pve it would be all reward no risk on a insanely strong ability.

3 Likes

Concur. Totems are strong in pve and this is a very strong totem.
Love the flavor.but we’d need to rework a lot of demo to insert it.

Could we all at least agree that Inner Demons should be a part of our spell book as a passive and replace that spot with something else such as a defensive for the class. Call it Demonic will - channel the power of your demon reducing damage taken by 20% but move 20% slower.

Im just wanting to have ideas thrown out there.

1 Like

I’d love a baseline Inner Demons but I don’t think the talent should be replaced by a defensive talent. Having a tier have two offensive powerhouses and one defensive just doesn’t work well, and besides, we don’t want defensive abilities put into the talent tree… we want more defensives baked into our core spellbook, like what most other classes have.

3 Likes

1 - It’s a PVP talent balanced as a PVP talent, if it was made PVE it would be much weaker, replace something equally strong (like Tyrant) or both.

2 - That Talent Row damage budget is a lot lower than Fel Obelisk damage contribution.

3 - Pushing a spec to just have ultra synergistic effects together that you como it all in one, while theoretically fun can result in some very problematic situations (like being even weaker outside of the BIG burst window where everything fits together)

4 - You are not forced to take GFG, Soul Conduit is also a good choice, in fact, if you are using Grim Inquisitor it’s even the better option.

5 - Yes, Inner Demons needs some adjustments (haste scalling on it is terrible) but i rly hate the idea of removing it or making it baseline (specially because then, you are forced to have part of your dps tied to a random proc of 10% chance that can happen once every 12s).

1 Like

It should be a PVE talent and replace nether portal or sacrificed souls. (Heck it would even be a good slot for Doom)

Inner Demons should definitely be baseline for demonology.

Best fix would be giving warlocks or at least demonolgoy Kil’Jaedans cunning with the slow integration added to it for pvp balance.

1 Like

yeah…Doom is totally of the same value as a 45s CD that gives you 20% haste for 15s…totaly not unbalanced at all.

Now, maybe with some adjustments here and there its possible to make Obelisk replace NP/Sac Souls, it probably would need a longer CD tough.

still prefer Nether Portal over it.

Shadow priest and power infusion would like to say hello. And its not even a talent.

1 Like

Power Infusion is a 2min CD, and when used on priest itself is considered a self cooldown, just like Demonic Tyrant.

its vastly different from replacing Doom with Obelisk.

So what? The case is that doom is pretty useless and can be replaced with something better.
It’s a dps tier, it doesnt have to be replaced with the exact same spell.

And you act as if blizzard wouldn’t make fel obelisk a longer cd if it was a pve talent.

thats the thing right? once you convert to pve talent its not the same amazing talent that we will have on pvp.

The Cooldown would be larger, the haste is probably lower, all to account for it not being on pvp where its clearly balanced around counter play.

I rly don’t like the idea of making obelisk for PVE, specially when it would just be something else you stack all inside tyrant for more burst cooldown damage.

2 Likes

I want it all… and I want it now!

Definitely should not be for PvE. Just like everyone said, it would cause huge waves in the spec for PvE. It is just right for PvP, I’m eager to see if it synergizes with nether portal well enough to make that talent finally viable.

I do think inner demons should be adjusted though like some of you mentioned. Even if they change it so the chance of summoning extra demon was based on soul shard usage to make it more interactive.