9.1 covenant

Anyone else feel like NF is going to fall behind for pve havoc in 9.1? Which is going to make being able to pve and pvp even less enjoyable has havoc…

Did I miss something? Why is it going to fall behind? :frowning:

Even if it does, don’t chase the best covenant. Play the covenant that has the ability you have the most fun pressing. There will be tuning changes throughout all of SL and with that the top tier covenant ability will fluctuate. Running between all the covenants because one is slightly better than the other sounds exhausting. :frowning:

3 Likes

The one that’s the most fun for me is the one that does the most damage. I like competing with guldies to see who is the highest damage and pushing each other.

NF will fall behind because of the soulbind trees. Niya does not get a good line for Havoc and has no additional dps increasing powers where both Nadjia and emeni get improved lines. Most likely Nadjia will become the highest potential ST soulbind.

2 Likes

At first glances, it seems NF is going to pull farther ahead.

The hunt is already way better and easier to use than sinful brand so even if night fae was getting worse stuff this would be a step towards balance, especially since niya is already the strongest soulbind for havoc and many others as well with burrs. But at first glance like said in the above post it looks like night fae is getting better stuff anyways, might need to play korayn though.

Considering there’s effectively zero balance announced for Havoc yet, this speculation seems fairly premature to me. A lot can change in the next 4-8 weeks.

3 Likes

Agree with you so much can happen. Calling for doom and the sky to fall this early is not wise.

Oh, so it’s fairly substantial? The difference in damage?

I’m not calling for doom, don’t assume that because there’s a post in the DH forum that I think its a bad move.

I do think splitting the pve and pvp covenant will suck for DH but that’s only a min max situation.

Its 20% verse or crit which ever is higher after thrill seeker expires. It’ll be more impactful in m+ but with the niya getting nothing and nadjia getting an extra potency in the line and the stat boost it looks like it will be. We’ll see when people get to testing.

Im going to stick with whatever is better for PVP. Because Its more Noticeable having a sub-optimal covenant in PVP for us right now, then in PVE.

Not for nothing, but you don’t play at a level that matters which covenant you are. If you truly care only about doing the most damage, you’d not bat an eye at changing covenants for that extra damage.

even if every other covenant gets better which they should night fae is so much better it doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

My dh is still newish but I find the soul frags from the Kyrian is nothing to bat an eye at. They do help out a lot

Sticking to NF because Ardenweald is the best looking zone and they are the only competent Covenant lore wise

I ignore the night fae covenant exists out of protest :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure where your draw that conclusion from but thanks for not contributing at all.

I 100% agree i really hope the others become viable but i hope they don’t make one covenant a PvP covenant and another a PvE

My conclusion is drawn from the fact the small increase in dps between the covenants would only matter in the world first race and/or pushing literally the highest keys. Below that level, it doesn’t matter what covenant you’re playing. This isn’t really a debate.

As a Necro DH main, Emeni is not going to be BiS in 9.1, her power related to Fleshcraft isn’t good enough to use Fleshcraft on cd for. Heimer is going to be best more than likely.

I guess if you don’t care to push the content you’re doing to the highest degree you can manage that’s true, if you’re comfortable being sub par that’s perfect for you, some people enjoy min maxing even if they aren’t in a top 100 guild.

Honestly I’m not very familiar with necro since it was so bad for so long and the current fodder to flame is underwhelming in raid and not optimal for m+ since allies can kill your demon but I’ll have to take a look at Heimers tree.

If you’re only interested in min maxing as you claim, you would make any change in order to get that extra dps. Covenants are hardly the first thing in WoW that changes balance from patch to patch. With a flip of the wrist Blizz can change talents, and one you hate to play is suddenly “best”… you either switch or continue with a slightly less talent. And again, you don’t play at a level where any of this is preventing you from clearing content.