9.1 Aff PvP Changes

Affliction

• Malefic Rapture damage reduced by 18%.
  • Agony damage increased by 20%.
  • Shadow Embrace now lasts 16 seconds (was 12 seconds) and can now only be applied to 1 target at a time.
  • Focused Malignancy (Conduit) effectiveness reduced by 53%.
  • Sacrolash’s Dark Strike (Runecarving Power) has been redesigned – Corruption damage is increased by 25% (was 15%), and each time Corruption deals damage, it extends the duration of all your Curses active on the target by 2 seconds (was Corrupted targets movement speed slowed by 50%).

Those are what I saw posted on MMO Champion. In rated BGs I feel like aff isn’t going to be as desirable w/o the slow. Thoughts?

Edit: Other changes PvP specific changes

• New PvP Talent: Shadow Rift.

• Affliction

• Soul Shatter (PvP Talent) has been removed.
  • Demonology

• New PvP Talent: Fel Obelisk.
    • Call Fel Lord (PvP Talent) now deals 200% of the caster’s Spell Power per swing (was 5% of target’s maximum health). Cooldown of the ability increased to 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
    • Singe Magic (PvP Talent) has been removed.
  • Destruction

• New PvP Talent: Bonds of Fel.
    • Chaos Bolt now deals 40% more damage in PvP combat (was 15%).
    • Focused Chaos (PvP Talent) has been removed.
1 Like

Lol No more corruption slow.

Well let’s see what happens now.

I guess you’ll have to put exhaustion up as well as corruption and keep things slowed while having the option to amplify exhaustion to a 70% slow to really f one person over.

These are such insane bad changes. I actually thought you were trolling when I first read it. But yeah. It’s on mmo-champ.

They really should punish a dev and force them to q as affliction for a week.

20 Likes

I have a real hard time thinking a 20% Agony buff is going to do anything to offset such a large MR nerf.

10 Likes

I sort of posted it on here to get confirmation that I wasn’t reading that wrong. They seem like really bad changes. I do think that the slow is toxic to BGs, but I don’t feel like there is much else Aff brings that another spec (looking at you boomkins) don’t do just as well if not better (ie: spread pressure). I don’t think the Agony buff is going to be enough.

However, I am not an amazing aff lock, so perhaps I am over reacting?

Its going to take a lot of globals to throw corruption, exhastuion, agony to all players
and those spells are dispelled.

3 Likes

Looks like destruction is going to once again say hello to the arenas ;D

1 Like

focused chaos removed, say hello to demo

1 Like

I edited my original post to add the other lock changes (PvP specific ones) that I saw on MMO.

this must be a joke
Affliction is in a rough spot in arenas (just watch AWC games, whoever dares to run Aff gets trained to death in EVERY GAME) and we were kinda usefull in BGs.
now?
what we get? 20% buff in agony? Even if this was a 200% buff it would make no difference, what we need is survivability
then they NERF MR? How do we damage ppl now?
Give us healing spells then, maybe we can go as a healer in BGs, cause the way it looks, we need ANOTHER gcd (yay, we dont have enough!) to slow someone, WHICH CAN BE PURGED, so whats up with our dispel protection??? Whats aff role in BGs after this STUPID changes go live?

7 Likes

Is this a joke ?

1 Like

Which is how it should have been done.

The slow should only have been applied to your main target. Worst case scenario is each successive slow should have been weakened by 1/2.

And my mage loves this change because mages can cure curses. Looks like no more warlock slows on me or my friend!

1 Like

Wow, this is just bad. This can’t be true. Affliction locks were just put on notice, we have two months to reroll another class

5 Likes

This is most likely due to the massive outcry over the last small nerf that they reverted. They’re going with a HUGE one now so that when they pull back to what they want to do it will seem fine.

Its not. Its going to kill the spec. As the change was intended to do

1 Like

I’m not super pleased with the changes either but do you guys always have to be so dramatic

2 Likes

I tought people here wanted exactly that? less damage representation from MR and more Dot Damage? guess what…with MR and FM nerfed your dots will be a good part of your damage and Agony buffed even more now.

:rofl:

2 Likes

I wanted Dots hit harder and MR got nerfed, but I don’t feel the values they used would be enough to match the MR nerf.

20% Agony buff and 10% corruption does not look promising, also because we will need extra GDCs to apply CoEx. I know it won’t be every 12 sec, but still contribute to the GDC starving.

Finally, the Shadow Rift new pvp talent looks great, however we are still struggling with the fact we are tied to our 3 current pvp mandatory spells. They should make Demon Armor Baseline or remove Rampact Affliction.

Only hope is that probably more changes are still on the way.

uh, are you new to warlock? there’s certainly warlock slow still.