90s music night yes? yes?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Look at this glorious remaster. It didn’t even look this good in 1997.

3 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

I was such a surly youth. I turned 23 in June of 2000.

I remember thinking vaguely that I was glad certain 90s music trends were winding down or gone.

Why did they pronouce “me” as “may-hay”? Why did a band go through the effort of having a tight metal core only to have some high tenor in front whine-sing about how dissatisfying life is?

Geh. Nostalgia for grunge era. I lived it. I loved it. I won’t go back for seconds.

True story: High school. Friend talks about Curt Cobain’s genius guitar playing. We all played guitar. I couldn’t believe my friend said that. I put my guitar on the floor, and without ever having tried before, could fret and strum the chord pattern for Teen Spirit
 with my FEET.

I looked at my friend with the best “Uh-huh” look I could muster.

Laughter ensued.

Edit - I got curious and tried again. I can’t play any chords with my feet anymore it seems. Oh well. /shrug

1 Like

Careful now. You may say something that offends someone and get a post removed for no good reason!

People can’t handle the truth about how some music just flat out is awful, apparently.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Btw notice the date and see white chick and black dude in European band from GERMANY. Nobody talked political about it. Nobody hated it. Nobody saw anything strange about it. You either liked the music or ignored it.

It looks like somebody is manipulating you US people within. Maybe political office, because money disappears and infrastructure crumbles. Look at all the homeless people in US 2022.

What is going on in your country?

the ‘Dutch Barbie Girl’ is actually a parody cover, not done by Aqua but by Ome Henk, akin to Weird Al Yankovic fare:

1 Like

That makes it even better.

1 Like

under rated

Prince’s work originally, but Sinead turned it into such a beautiful tearjerker, that any other version - doesn’t compare.

2 Likes

Oh, and a bonus:

1 Like