9.0.5 PTR druid changes

I’m not seeing where these notes are listed, but without large meta changes (nerfs to fire mage, ww monk, arms, ret, boomie), rdruid still just doesn’t have the tools for 3s. Unless we got serious healing buffs.

For pvp, arguably we will be stronger in 2s, and rbgs, but think we are still DOA in 3s. Adaptive swarm will benefit cat form in 2s, and tree form does help counter some of the burst against certain comps (in 2s and 3s), but a 3 min cd is still way to long in 3s to be useful in longer fights, especially compared to SoTF. Tree is good for RBGs tho.

Overgrowth needs a serious mana reduction, and our mastery needs a buff.

Ok I just got out of my comfort zone and tried flourish. Gotta say it was pretty awesome

lol, is it a permanent switch for you now?

I think it might be lol xD

In bfa when I had 50% haste, germination felt much smoother. Time for me to move on!

Where’s the Guardian damage buff?

2 Likes

This sounds pretty good for pvp

Seeing buffs to the main healers too, so i wonder if everything “cancels out”

Blizzard! We need this!

1 Like

While that is technically correct… largely because we have 0 positive interaction with secondaries, and our BiS legendary devalues crit it also assumes that Blizzard makes 0 changes to classes… which is absurd.

For damage night fae is still the best.

Guardian damage/Threat buff, please? please with Bearies on top??

2 Likes

This!!! Please, Blizzard!?

I should NOT have to blow my only taunt on a single enemy, just to have another ripped from me because a DPS unloaded their CD’s!

I should NOT have to use my growl on a boss just to maintain threat for 2 seconds before I have to do an important tank switch just because a DPS blew his CD’s!

And the fact I’m doing 30% LESS damage then other tanks is a problem!

Please. Fix. Bear!!

2 Likes

You guys are aware that tree of life already does that to Rejuve mana reduction and healing increase right? its not a change.

Balance Druid re: Adaptive Swarm

Adaptive Swarm needs more buffs for balance. It’s the only pure single target covenant. If it is to be competitive it needs to be the best at single target or it’s gonna get overshined. The 35% buff currently needs to go up even more, or make it affect FOE/Starfall.

Generally, the covies are FAIRLY balance with the exception of Niya/BOAT/Convoke. There’s just too much synergy there with the mastery proc buffing convoke which is being buffed by BOAT. Some component of that trio needs a nerf or Night Fae is going to continue to be mandatory. If you hit that trio, honestly the other covenants become pickable.

High rating balance druids go Kyrian. I regret myself not going Kyrian but now i got all the Winterborn set farmed and I dont want to lose it.

Kyrian is better for pvp and m+ atm.

You don’t lose the set, you’d still have it if you switch back.

Also, if you mog it then switch your current gear stays mogged. Obviously, if you replace it then you couldn’t apply it.

Yeah thats the problem…if I change to kyrian I will get new gear in 9.1.

Yeah that’s frustrating.

Better for high end pvp yes. For M+ no… no no no no. It’s not even remotely close; the current top 800 balance druids in M+ are 100% night fae.

And here lies the problem.

Convoke/Conflux/Niya(Mastery)/Boat synergy is just overwhelming for basically all content.