9.0.5 PTR druid changes

Rejuv healing up to 116% spellpower (up from 104%)
Tree of Life: Healing increased by 50% and Mana cost reduced by 30%.

Adaptive Swarm: Command a swarm that heals(157.5% of Spell power) or deals (150% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 12 sec to a target, and increases the effectiveness of your periodic effects on them by 25%.
Upon expiration, jumps to a target within 25 yards, alternating between friend and foe up to 3 times.

Was 126% spell power healing and 120% damage and 20% periodic increase.

Also Fleshcraft redesigned
Form a shield of flesh and bone over 3 sec that absorbs damage equal to 40% of your maximum health for 2 min.
While channeling, your damage taken is reduced by 30%.
Passive: Moving near an enemy’s corpse consumes their essence to reduce Fleshcraft’s cooldown by 1 sec.

Discuss!

5 Likes

Discuss what, and with who?

Nice to see some buffs, but still minuscule in comparison to Night Fae.

Although the damage reduction during Fleshcraft sounds nice; is it worth grabbing a shield mid fight where you’re getting beat on? I mean I guess it’s like a mini damage reduction for the duration of a channel. Able to cheese that in between defensives somewhere??

Adaptive Swarm is still a little under powered, but definitely a step in the right direction. I feel like it’s a good buff (more the 20% to 25% as opposed to spell power)

nice change to resto! not sure if it’s still worth picking up Tree though…i wish they’d just do something with the nourish talent…change it or drop it do something :expressionless:

1 Like

Anyone see other changes impacting druid covenant abilities?

Would be a bit surprised if nothing was touched except Necro. Tried checking PTR but they still have covenants time gated for swapping.

12%/104% = 11.54% buff to one of our major spells.

Rejuvenation is typically ~20% of all my healing

So it’s a roughly .1154*20%= 2.3% across the board buff in pve.

In pvp, a much bigger buff, because people typically play double rejuvenation talent and also adaptive swarm is the best arena covenant talent for resto druid.

Adaptive Swarm should start to compete with convoke for mythic + content. The heal itself is a strong HOT, 25 sec cooldown, bounces around, has synergy with our mastery, and then buffs our single target healing greatly.

Convoke still gives the oh crap button, but the focused single target healing from adaptive swarm will be impressive.

Would be hard to give up chrysallis though.

Does germination start to compete now on that last talent line?

i would say no for raiding and m+…

even with the boost in power - i would say it still runs into the same shortcomings that it has now. especially with mana/global issues.

but hopefully i’m wrong lol

The combination of adaptive swarm, deep roots, and prickling thorns was already slept on before these buffs. It seems to me like a solid alternative for those who don’t enjoy the convoke gimmick.

Fleshcraft feels more useful than soulshape too- it’s a little redundant for such a mobile class.

I wonder how well it’s going to work with draught or circle legendary and master shapeshifter for resto for additional pressure and the additional rejuv buff and shield buff

Any buff is a welcome buff! :smiley:

I just love Soul of the Forest, and how it impacts resto healing, too much. Having said that, anything that makes that tier more competitive is great! That should especially help with more bursty fights, and PvP in general. Though I do feel like the CD is somewhat prohibitive for general solution.

Tightening the balance between covenants is super important. Personally I have no interest in Maldraxxus but these changes do sound like it will be a more interesting option. Especially the latter changes with how the shield works.

I wish they’d rework the Venthyr one… I have no interest in Maldraxxus, but I’d jump ship on Night Fae for Venthyr in a heart beat. The ability is cool, but giving it a negative component was absolutely unnecessary. They could outright remove the part where if you miss a cast for 2s you drop the entire thing, and get stunned, completely and the ability would still not be as good as Convoke. However, it might be more compelling to take… :slight_smile:

1 Like

As one of the rare necro bears, I’m extremely happy. Fleshcraft will be a real CD that works on magic, and I don’t have to be sad when bodies expire before boss pulls. Also, adaptive being slightly better is a solid feel-good move. Catweaving takes a lot of effort and any step towards making it feel more rewarding is really welcome.

2 Likes

Discuss the changes he just listed, with the people in this thread? How dense can you be?

1 Like

30% DR with a growing shield could be nice for tanks

As someone who plays mainly germination regardless of being viable or not this change is great for me!

3 Likes

I mean from everything I can see so far in terms of the changes being made to Druids it’s all positive. Hell, even Balance Druids are coming out fine this patch. I can’t complain at all.

1 Like

I had been playing germination with an abundance build, but I recently tried flourish for raiding and it’s pretty solid. I like germination though.

1 Like

The numbercrunchers has figured out that balance druid wont scale very well in the end of the expac anyways…so I am guesing they will let them stay good, until everyone else scales/catches up in 9.1 or 9.2

Is the Rejuv healing buff just for Resto?