9.0.5 MM hunter nerf

It’s insane. You can look at logs and see MM hunter is top 20%. If they’re gonna ‘fix’ the bug, there should be a buff to balance the nerf from said fix. But no, it’s gonna be a crap nerf, while other more overpowered specs are still left as they are.

According to the -30% Wild Spirit proc due to the “bugfix” and my calculations, MM hunter will be roughly at Fury warrior’s DPS level on that graph.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#dataset=99

We all know that current Fury warriors are very happy with their current performance and it’s really a good idea to balance other classes to have their best performing spec reach the same level.

Meanwhile Fire mage is getting buffed, Afflock is getting it’s nerfs reverted and Boomie is still untouched. Why does blizzard bash on hunter which is viable only due to their covenant and specific burst profile. On top of that the two other specs we can play are unplayable due to how bad they are.

Don’t touch MM and buff other specs! Hunter friends, it’s time to riot.

4 Likes

I think it’s cause a well played hunter looks cool, and cool has to be nerfed. I remember doing arena when you had to disengage to your trap targets when they took away trap launcher. That disengage skill alone makes playing the class fun as hell. Remember how fun it was to bait people off the bridge in blade arena map just to disengage back. Zomg tbc can’t come fast enough.

We all know that current Fury warriors are very happy with their current performance and it’s really a good idea to balance other classes to have their best performing spec reach the same level.

#BlizzardBalanceTeamThoughtsAboutHunters

if i remember correctly, disengage wasnt added untill wrath. just checked and it was not a jump back untill wrath, so you wont have those sick disengage moments in bc lol.

1 Like

Correct. It was a melee ability that lowered your threat before Wrath.

Was pretty pointless since we also had misdirect I’m BC and Feign Death lol.

if you’re just now getting to KSM you’re not any sort of expert in the MM community. Sorry

Really? You are literally proving my point by arguing against me, rather than the content of what I say.

You can have a solid understanding of a class and spec, and use that understanding in the formation and presentation of sound ideas, and yet not have a reliable guild or network of friends to do progression content with.

12 Likes

Lol. I’ll treat this post as seriously as it deserves.

8 Likes

no, you can’t. there’s literally thousands of MM hunters who can say and prove they know more than you

By all means, continue to completely miss the point.

5 Likes

Are you really trying to argue that you have to have killed a mythic raid boss or something to know the class? Because that’s not how that works.

4 Likes

Time and time again people respond to quite obvious troll posters :roll_eyes: 99% of low level characters on the forums are just here to troll; how do people still not know to completely ignore trolls? Just don’t respond, move on, and reply to people who are worth responding to.

The irony of this is that I’m posting on a level 10 character :joy: but at least my names alludes to why.

1 Like

where do you get 3% and 5% from? MM has the highest 5 target burst in the game and its not even close. wild spirits is sole reason for that. if the change goes through, the class is dead

2 Likes

Lol. I burst upwards of 25K dps with resonating arrow and 210 ilvl

10K sustained indefinitely

Mm will be fine

yea m+ will be fine as kyrian but if you cant bring a spec to mythic prog, its generally considered as a spec that isnt very good.

I got up to 35k on a trash pull last night in Heroic CN.

Why does it feel like how we have done early in the xpac is a fluke and they finally realized they made a mistake and didn’t leave us broken like the last 2 xpac and are slowly trying to get us back to the Legion/BfA MM.

WOnder what they will do in 9.1.5 give us back Vulnerabilty to determine how hard our Aimed shots hit .

It’s possible to sim our characters with the incoming change/nerf.

You can see exactly how much your damage will drop.

1 Like

The 3-5% is for single target only. AOE sustained with roughly 10% dps loss. And for M+ if you do a 20-30s pack with burst you’re losing up to 15% dps on that pack. That nerf is extremely bad mostly because of the ST damage nerf while we’re always a bad ST class.

25k 10s burst Kyrian VS 50k 20s burst from NF. It’s not comparable. We need to compare the MM potential to other classes played in M+. We’re already behind mages and boomies so nerfing us by 7-10% overall dps in a key is definitely a class killer. You might be fine for your M+10 tho …

I went through a lot of my raidlogs and a few M+ logs and by not double procing Wild Spirits with Aimshot we’re going to lose 30% of our wild spirits procs. So you can simple remove 30% wild spirits damage from your total dps and that will give you a more realistic idea of the dps loss. Sims mostly work for target dummy fights.

2 Likes