9.0.5 Legendary buffs Blood DK

Blood DK 9.0.5 legendary changes

Crimson Rune Weapon
Dancing Rune Weapon generates 5 Bone Shield charges. When a charge of Bone Shield is consumed, the cooldown of Dancing Rune Weapon is reduced by 5 sec. Additionally, when Dancing Rune Weapon fades, your Rune regeneration rate is increased by 40% for 10 sec.

Gorefiend’s Domination
Vampiric Blood generates 45 Runic Power. Additionally, Heart Strike reduces the remaining cooldown on Vampiric Blood by 2 seconds.

These changes make Crimson Rune Weapon a competitive legendary, CRW + Tombstone talent will most likely reduce the cooldown on Dancing Rune Weapon by 1 minute assuming we have 100% tanking uptime on a boss, also the 40% extra rune regen is nice.

Discuss!

Source: mmo-champion

Great.

That’s pretty much how far my reaction went when I read it.

Could be baseline buffs to dancing rune weapon & vampiric blood & Blood DK would still be mediocre, the fact Blizzard thinks these minor buffs to leggo’s is going to help Blood DK is sad, especially since super strain is easily the best.

5 Likes

So they added 5 Bone Shield when you use DRW as well as increasing the CDR by 2 seconds upon Bone Shield consumption. That’s huge.

Mada mada.

3 Likes

Slow/poor kiting, overall squishy, low damage, poor initial mitigation, poor conduits & leggo’s. Even in TOP where you can MC an add that gives the party a pretty good defensive aura, there is only one DK in the top 100 & hes 96.

5 Likes

I disagree on everything except slow/poor kiting, we need better tools in that department.

I don’t want to be that guy but maybe this is a L2P issue? There are really good Bood dk guides on youtube, not throwing shade so please do not misunderstand but the issues you listed are easily solved.

Also, if you are not a diehard-hardcore-min maxer-world first kind of player then the top 100 tanks is not relevant, at all.

3 Likes

It is relevant, Blood DK’s start to noticeably perform worse post 10+ & a lot of healers hate them.

5 Likes

Well a lot of Blood dks are not struggling post 10+ including myself, I can’t jump in and do insane dmg like Veng dhs but I can survive 15s+ and below just fine, many are doing Mythic raids and not struggling.

Those struggling need to learn the spec maybe?

1 Like

This is more or less accurate, or at least accurate relative to other tanks, based on the ones that I’ve seen and having spoken to healers.

Legendary buffs are good, fixes to the core spec would be better.

3 Likes

The term ‘relative’ is important here when discussing the how squishy a BDK is, and what kind of DPS we can pull. If you roll an alternative tank class and find them to be MORE squishy than a BDK and do LESS DPS, then I think it’s a L2P issue when using those other classes. Perhaps you find BDK adequate to get through those 12 keys, but relative to other tanks, its definitely the hard-mode option, excluding our good friends the prot warriors of course :slight_smile:

As for the lego’s, they seem ok

2 Likes

the legos dont matter, superstrain is bis, and will stay bis because threat is also an issue, and a much bigger issue, and its the only lego that gives dps gain

The Crimson Rune Weapon legendary looks very interesting. Might be switching to that for M+. Especially if Blood ends up getting some buffs in 9.1.

1 Like

It’s not going to do anything if we continue to do half of the damage compared to other tanks.

1 Like

It’s not going to do anything if we continue to do half of the damage compared to other tanks.

We are 2nd lowest on damage, but we are definitely not half the damage of other tanks. And that doesn’t mean that this legendary wouldn’t be good for M+. Need to do some testing.

1 Like

Overall maybe not quite, but during burst window for sure, especially in raid with single target fights.

I disagree with all of this beside poor damage (which can be mitigated by leggo and rune) and bad kiting ( which dk will always have).

Dk is probably top 3 tankiest tanks right now, honestly. It just doesn’t appear that way due to how the mitigation works.

2 Likes

Thoughts on Gorefiends + Red Thirst? This seems to have (cocktail napkin math) the ability to drop the 1.5 min cd down to around 40 seconds. Overrated?

I know they didn’t buff that particular aspect of it, but the 45 rp trigger could be quite nice as well.

1 Like

Defensively I think it’s awesome, will it compete with Crimson Rune Weapon? offensively no but it will be a nice combo to have when we get to use two legendaries.

CRW will be great… when we can use a 2nd legendary on our characters.

1 Like

9.2 hopefully