9.0 is on the PTR now, beta feedback thread ignored once again

Shadowlands Beta - Additional Paladin Changes just in from MMO-Champions!

Nada. Zip. Nothing.

Whoever is in charge of the Paladin class, please give us an idea of what is going on with your plans with the class since it appears nothing is happening. I can not imagine that this it. Is this a late April Fool’s joke like Diablo and mobile gaming?

10 Likes

It’s worst than nothing. It’s big nerfs to the only things we had going for us.

We honestly need a post explaining the recent Paladin changes because none of them make sense.

3 Likes

I’d like to know too, I’m fairly confident we will be getting changes so I’m not super concerned about that

What I am concerned about is they keep trying to fix blessing of seasons instead of just scrapping it. It’s not an interesting ability and the maintenance of this buff management doesn’t seem fun

3 Likes

It because Holy and Ret are a complete mess, lol.

Covenant abilities are ALL a mess, not a single one looks “good” or “fun” to use.
Auras are ALL a mess, not a single one looks “good” or “fun” to use.

Holy

• Holy Power needs to be scrapped.
  • IoL change reverted
  • Focus on fixing our talents as we are about to have to spec into just being a BfA paladin. So, so many dead talents.

Ret

• Fix our Mobility
  • Fix our mess of a talent tree
  • Give us actual AoE choices outside of Divine Storm
  • Give us actual good raid/group utility - Scrap BoSac
  • Give us a worthwhile snare and fix all our PvP talents
7 Likes

oh good more adjustments to our terrible covenant abilities that could probably all use a redesign and 0 changes to our actual spec.

4 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenants-and-your-spec-a-survey/616438

The important bit is as follows…

“Now that we’re moving into the tuning phase for all classes”

Well, this doesn’t bode well… Once we get to the tuning phase we generally stop seeing changes to mechanics and revamps/replacements of talents…

So, yeah, we’ve very likely been ignored entirely, yet again.

3 Likes

Yeah this makes me really nervous. They’ve been great about adjusting most the other classes and specs. I wasn’t concerned about us getting changes until I read that like about entering the tuning phase.

Ret is functional but really needs a lot of upkeep

And holy is a complete mess.

I really hope entering the tuning phase doesn’t mean big changes are done because we reallt still need them.

If they don’t fix mobility I really hope they address fluidity of the rotation and our talent tree for ret

3 Likes

if, this late in the game, it’s too late to make positive changes to design, blizz has two obvious choices left.

Buff the unfun, broken and/or boring aspects into competitive relevancy, see how many are satisfied with that

Or ignore players who will keep paying subscription anyway.

Vote with your wallet

5 Likes

Paladin Memebution

Unbelievable how they simply pretended that ret doesnt exist at all and all players are ok with that

Last time i tryed tank was back in cataclysm but i hate it… i usually dps and heal, problem is with holy power to holy spec, idk if healer paladin will be good, a lot of healers complaining about holy just as ret players…

If i still doesnt adapt to tank i will reroll class for sure… i really love paladin class, but i cant play a trash spec…

Im a casual player but i do some mythic raid and m+10 dung time to time with guild, and playing a boring class isnt fun at all… maybe i will mage, have one as alt and is really nice play as fire mage

3 Likes

The issue is that these aren’t just number tuning, the specs are fundamentally flawed.

:frowning:

2 Likes

There’s many possibilities to fix our mobility.

• First one would be to bake Cavalier into Divine Steed, also making it removes all roots and snares when used.
  • Emancipate baseline. It was great, wasn’t overpowered. Why was it removed??
  • Could replace the Cavalier talent that would now be baseline with Turalyon’s Might that was a talent in early Legion Alpha. It would’ve been a so good ability because it would’ve been a great opportunity for skillplay. There’s a beam type mechanic? Place the sword on the other side when you have a gap in the rotation that’s happening a lot in BFA, then when the mechanic start you can use it again to avoid the beam. Same thing can be said for Arenas. You know that you’re rather weak in pvp so you place it next to a pillar with your healer, and when you’re about to be killed you use it again to safety. Or you can use it to premeditate where your target will go. Overall, a fantastic ability that rets would’ve loved and cherished only for all the potential the ability had.
    -Then there’s a bigger thing we could do. You could take an entire talent row like the level 30 Row (the cc row) Bake Fist of Justice in Hammer of Justice or the old version (20yards range, 30sec cd) and either pick Repentence as is or Blinding Light and make it baseline. The row itself is not even a real choice. Everyone pick Fist of Justice almost 90% of the time. Now that we have a free row available, you can put the row as in Divine Steed, Long Arm of the Law and Pursuit of Justice.

In that way the Divine Steed lovers can keep it, and us that truthfully dread it have our choice of marvelous Long Arm of the Law and Pursuit of Justice since one of prefered for pvp and the other for pve. So everyone would rejoice.

It’s rather true that our aoe damage resolve directly into a single spell Divine Storm. It would be better if we had atleast one of our generator that would be doing cleave.

• Judgement could have it’s cleave implementation from Legion added again in Shadowlands. I loved how it hit your target and then bounced to a close enemy. If the current Judgement debuff would be a problem with that, it could be reduced or only applied to the main target hit by Judgement. The Fires and Justice or Zeal talent could be replace with Greater Judgement from Legion. Judgement hits 2 additional nearby enemies and always deals critical strike against targets above 50% health.
    *Or the Legion Zeal talent could come back, making our Crusader Strike stronger and stack up to 3 times. Causing it to chain for the number of stack you have and it deals 40% less damage to secondary targets, could be Replacing the current Zeal talent or Fires of Justice.

That way one of our generator feel stronger in AoE. It’s rather awkward to do single target damage just to then spend our resource to deal aoe damage, specially in mythic plus.

Our current snare need a much needed Quality of Life change to it. Either our attacks reduce the cooldown by 0.5sec or 1sec, or baking Law and Order pvp talent baseline.

7 Likes

I personally dont like the current WoG in BFA… I prefer a strong ST heal over an AoE with a 1 minute cooldown. The only real problem with Shadowlands WoG is it doesn’t heal enough for the HP cost.

A talent to get the BFA version back is the best solution though, then both sides can get the one they prefer… I just hope they make the single target one we have now worth casting.

I think this is an excellent suggestion, and there’s no shortage of space for the talent - it could replace JV or Healing Hands and I doubt anyone would complain. I mean, I’d like JV to be fixed so it’s worth taking, but it being tossed out for the BfA WoG would be fine.

Healing Hands does need to go though. It’s just junk.

3 Likes

Could replace the Cavalier talent that would now be baseline with Turalyon’s Might that was a talent in early Legion Alpha. It would’ve been a so good ability because it would’ve been a great opportunity for skillplay. There’s a beam type mechanic? Place the sword on the other side when you have a gap in the rotation that’s happening a lot in BFA, then when the mechanic start you can use it again to avoid the beam. Same thing can be said for Arenas. You know that you’re rather weak in pvp so you place it next to a pillar with your healer, and when you’re about to be killed you use it again to safety. Or you can use it to premeditate where your target will go. Overall, a fantastic ability that rets would’ve loved and cherished only for all the potential the ability had.

Actually, it was fairly unpopular with Rets during the alpha.

Then there’s a bigger thing we could do. You could take an entire talent row like the level 30 Row (the cc row) Bake Fist of Justice in Hammer of Justice or the old version (20yards range, 30sec cd) and either pick Repentence as is or Blinding Light and make it baseline. The row itself is not even a real choice. Everyone pick Fist of Justice almost 90% of the time. Now that we have a free row available, you can put the row as in Divine Steed, Long Arm of the Law and Pursuit of Justice.

You could just say “Bring back the mobility row we had in MoP and WoD”, because that’s what you’re asking for, though they didn’t have the silly pony that stops you fitting through some doorways (many if you’re a Tauren and get a Kodo).

1 Like

The casuals were saying the 3clicks was ‘‘too hard’’. That’s the only reason why they removed it. And by the look of it Divine Steed is even LESS popular.

But Turalyon’s Might is a really good skillfull ability that will define bad players vs good ones.

Just saying that won’t help them in decision making. You have to offer more points. You think that if you complain about rets because it has problems you’re just going to say ‘‘fix ret its broken’’ without giving any examples and they’ll listen? lol. They want to hear from us about what and where are the problems.

Like I said, to bring an entire mobility row with Divine Steed, Long Arm of the Law and Pursuit of Justice they’ll need and have to decide which row they have to ditch completely. Ideally speaking that would be the CC row cause Fist of Justice is a must pick in almost any scenario. But having repentance moved baseline would also be helpful for arenas and wouldn’t be obnoxious, because it has huge drawback from being kicked if you cast it, as a melee. And when kicked on holy there’s only 2 abilities you can continue to use, Crusader Strike and Blade of Justice.

The healing row could’ve also been ditched, but I’m hopeful they can rework Justicar’s Vengeance and change Healing Hands completely since it’s already a DEAD talent, like literally worse than Holy Wrath in Legion.

3 Likes

Not ‘too hard’ - ‘too slow’. And it had a pretty limited duration in which you could jump. It was no Lock’s circle. Now if they’d given us the leap that they gave Warrior’s, and which is a rip-off of what Paladin’s have had in lore, that’d be a different thing.

What you’re saying is that Paladins should have a mobility skill that is slow and fiddly to use, because every so often when the stars align a skilled player can do something with it. Most of the time even those players will just find it a timer-consuming way of moving not very far and arriving late or in the wrong place.

Sure, it might have a lovely high skill ceiling, but the skill floor is too high. Ret has never been a spec with a high skill floor, though at times it’s had a fairly high ceiling, and I see no reason why it should suddenly have a high floor added, especially in something so fundamental as mobility.

2 Likes

It was literally a click it, place circle then click again to go to it.

There’s a macro that everyone uses to automaticly put your circle speplls at your cursor with mouseover directly as your click the spell. So it would’ve been 2 clicks and fast.

Our mobility has always been different and unique to other with long arm of the law or pursuit of justice and emancipate. We werent the fastest, but still worked perfectly fine.

2 Likes

I personally wasn’t a huge fan of Emancipate because it felt like I was spending every GCD just trying to fight snares instead of actually pressing dps (fun) or utility buttons.

Throw dagger > snare > Emancipate > Throw dagger > snare > Emancipate > Etc

Also, at the time we didn’t have a snare really, outside of JoJ and if we did keep our snare while getting Emancipate we would be kiting machines.

Cooldown on Emancipate would just be BoF.

Personally I would love to get:

Our Snare:

Blades of Justice - Rank 2
Level 27 - Retibution

Blade of Justice now generates 1 additional Holy Power and applies Hand of Hindrance to the target for 4 seconds.

Law and Order (PvP Talent) Removed.
Hand of Hindrance (Spell) now has a 20 second cooldown, snare reduced to 50%.

Our Stun:

Fist of Justice - Level 30 talent
Replaces Hammer of Justice

Fist of Justice - 1 min cooldown
Instant - 10 yard range
The burden of Justice weighs heavily on your foe, stunning them for 5 seconds. (physical)

Each Holy Power spent reduces the remaining cooldown on Fist of Justice by 2 seconds.

Our movement speed increase ability:

Divine Steed
instant - Max 2 charges
1 min recharge
Leap atop your Charger for 3 seconds, increasing movement speed by 100%. Usable while indoors or in combat.

Glyph of Vigor

• Divine Steed graphic is now displayed as a Blessing of Vigor.

Glyph of Speed of Light

• Divine Steed graphic is now displayed as a Blessing of Light.

Cavalier removed.

Our new instant mobility: ** Insert your own idea here **

Level 35 - Talent

Tirion’s Crusade
Instant - 30-45 second cooldown
After 2 seconds, charge an enemy or come to the aid of an ally.

If an enemy is charged, deal 500 damage and radiate 650 healing to 5 allies within 15 yards.

If an ally is charged, heal the target for 500 and radiate 650 damage to 5 enemies within 15 yards. Demons and Undead are stunned for 2 seconds.

Glyph of The Ashbringer

• Tirion’s Crusade now grants the weapon appearance of The Ashbringer.

Blessing of Freedom cooldown increased to 30 seconds, immunity to movement impairing effects reduced to 4 seconds. For sake of balance. :smiley:

Our mobility has always been different and unique to other with long arm of the law or pursuit of justice and emancipate. We werent the fastest, but still worked perfectly fine.

Sure, but the thing is - they were taking all that away to give us the leap, and then the pony. No way would we get the leap and any of those, and I’d far rather have PoJ or LAotL than the leap.

1 Like

Same. Delete the pony and give me back Emancipate and PoJ or LAotL.

Or better yet, just give us back the mobility row from WoD/MoP. Emancipate baseline, and our choice of Pony (who would even pick it?) PoJ, or Long Arm of the Law. Our old mobility was balanced, it was unique, and no one ever complained about it being too strong. There was literally no reason to remove it, and there is literally no reason we shouldn’t get it back.

Ret is getting Echoing Blessing in ShadowLands, this combined with Unbound Freedom will give Ret essentially what Pursuit of Justice(Mist/WoD) did. Except with the ability to use it on others and having Divine Steed too.