Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

Several hours later, still running through Lutris on Pop!_OS, still getting caught on logging in to game server, still disconnects with a WOW51900328 error. Same for both Centurylink land line and Verizon wireless tethering.

EDIT - Same goes for trying to login to Retail servers.

Having dealt with this on private servers, the method of white/black listing is the cheapest way to deal with DDOS, ofcourse blizzard forgot the whitelisting part of that strategy lol.

The cost of DDOS mitigation for classic wow is probably astronomical, though I dont see why they would shell out the cash for the first few weeks of launch just to avoid PR disaster, even cheapo private servers did this because they new a hiccup this early would be the death of the server.

Not saying classic wow will die bc of this but it’s obvious atm they are choosing to throw ~10% or so of the playerbase under the bus with this blacklisting stuff.

2 Likes

Unable to log into any realm when I tether my phone (Sprint). Am capable of logging in with my wifi. Should be noted this is the only game with the issue, even your other games work just fine that I tried. (Overwatch and Hearthstone.)

From another forum post, and this worked for a bunch of linux users already.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/linux-users-unable-to-log-in-wow51900328-329-error-after-logging-in/292402/159?u=darkodin-moonrunner

Someone mentioned TCP fingerprinting, so I tried
echo 128 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl
which seemed to let me in.
(also dos guys don’t read this pls)

4 Likes

This worked for me.

This also work for me. Fixed my Error: WOW51900328 on windows.

CMD:
“netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=129”

7 Likes

Can’t login from Hong Kong - have never had any connection issues till today. Try a wired connection on a 1 gbps connection from work earlier in the day - could not get on. Now, on a different 1gbps connection (albeit on my wifi right next room), but get disconnected ~ 2-25 mins into the queue).

No other games (D3, Hearthstone, OW, or even non-blizzard games - Division 2, etc) having any sort of issues at all. Only wow-classic. Haven’t tried retail.

Could not log in from Vietnam. I thought it was my WoW files, deleted everything, and now i am stuck trying to download battle.net

Also unable to login from Vietnam.

1 Like

This also got me thru the same error on windows

Thanks so much, seems to be letting me in after the last 16 hours of trying things and waiting.

Linux user here. I’ve been unable to connect for roughly 10 hours. Thought issue was isolated to my Linux laptop I was using while out. Issue persisted at home on my Linux desktop.

Appears DDoS mitigations false/positive connections from Linux folks using Blizzard products. Will Linux users be able to use Blizzard products again?

sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128    

Got me in on Fedora 30.

4 Likes

Try the fix here, it’s worked for a lot of people including me:

I’m personally in the camp of people who tether through their phones (I’m on Metro, personally), but I’m able to get on fine by using my hot spot.

I could kiss you good sir. Setting the IPv4 defautl TTL to 128 WORKED on Arch with a 5.2.13-arch1-1-ARCH kernel.

Now I got to go through the hassle of subscribing again… Maybe next time I should post to forum before rage unsubbing.

No, you were right to show your discontent with the only thing that has any voice - your wallet

2 Likes

Latency 10000-15000 ms all day long on Arugal for me. Definitely not from my internet provider and I have tried restarting everything

I’m also tethered, but am unable to get in. However, it seems like mainly the people through Verizon and such aren’t able to get in. Smaller carriers should be fine.

Either way, its a little frustrating :neutral_face: . Been about a day and a half now that I just get d/c’d on realm connect. Everything else Blizzard related works just fine.

1 Like

This has fixed it for me on windows 10.

I have had hours of back and forth with blizzard and numerous tickets…

thank you good sir.