8,9,10 cloak is now harder to accomplish than 13,14,15

Still takes multiple tries on alts because 8,9,10 require a full clear still instead of just two zones, and since you’re leveling once per zone for lower levels you don’t unlock Elite Extermination until later.

12 Likes

Yeah I noticed this too.

2 Likes

This is false. They said it would require one run. You can get pages for 8, 9, and 10 from hard modes as well. Full clear and it’ll only take one run still.

1 Like

Not sure why you’re saying that; it’s true. You cannot do a full run unless you are being carried when you are still leveling up and have not completed your research table yet. Therefore, it still takes multiple runs to do 8, 9, 10, which still require 4 pages.

9 Likes

If you can’t full clear at rank 8 with Elite Exterminator, you’re doing something wrong. Every alt I have geared a cloak on, as soon as I get elite exterminator, I can full clear without an issue. All Blizzard said was: “It could be completed in one run”, and they have maintained truth in that.

Source above.

5 Likes

You absolutely do not need your whole tree unlocked to do a full run.

15 Likes

If you want to maintain that the only way I could be telling the truth is if I suck at the game, that’s fine. But I have managed to get to Rank 9 without Elite Exterminator, so… what is your point?

5 Likes

I didn’t say “you suck at the game”. I said Blizzard has said that all you need is one run, which is true. If you cannot full clear at rank 8, that’s a problem with the player. Blizzard didn’t do anything incorrect or false however.

3 Likes

I was really hoping for Malefic core catchup.

Two a week SUCKS for alts.

6 Likes

The question of the thread is whether or not rank 8, 9, and 10 is harder to get than higher ranks now… and the answer is Yes. Whether you want to bring player skill into it or not, if it takes more skill to get lower ranks than it does higher, that is a problem with the natural progression of the cloak questline.

15 Likes

Should be able to do a full clear once you have unlocked Elite Extermination. You don’t need Gift of the Titans to full clear, it just makes it easier. Getting +200 sanity from elites easily keeps sanity bars full throughout the run – you just need to plan accordingly so you’re not killing an elite with full sanity and wasting the bonus.

By the time you’re reaching rank 9 or 10 you should already have EE unlocked. Also keep in mind what you’re asking for. The quicker the runs, the less total mementos you get. The less mementos you get per run, the more runs you need to finish out that research you claim to need.

1 Like

The progression of difficulty is off. I’m asking for that to be looked at, because this bottleneck does not feel like the catchup mechanic is working for those of us who actually need the assist.

2 Likes

I fail to see how that’s a problem. At cloak rank 8 you can full clear. I’ve leveled multiple characters through cloak upgrades. If you’re telling me i have to full clear at rank 8 all the way till 15, that’s a flatline.

2 Likes

I’m a flatline. I need help with a catchup mechanic. You can insult my skill if you want, if that’s all it is, then fine. But this was supposed to help players who are way behind and trying to catch up, and it’s not doing that for some of us.

6 Likes

I meant a flatline in skill requirement. A plateau.

1 Like

No, that is false.
You’re not factoring in how people with low level cloaks likely can’t do the full clear yet.
And the quests to upgrade it to rank it to 10 requires 6, not doable in 1 run. I assume the rank 11 quest is still 8. That’s when it drops down to 1 run.

2 Likes

Basically, the simplest of questions is… if all the other quests were reduced to needing only 2 items, why can’t these quests be given the same treatment? It makes no logical sense to me why these weren’t edited as well. If the point was only to make things clearable in one run, then every quest should’ve been reduced to only 4 items, but that is not the case.

It can be done in one run.

1 Like

Because as the quote from Kaivax says, it’s not about pages. It’s about making sure you can do it in one run. And those quests were reduced to 4 pages. That’s one run.

1 Like

I’m confused, don’t the “Fear and Flesh” pages drop from corrupt or lost zones? Why would it take a full clear to get one?