8,9,10 cloak is now harder to accomplish than 13,14,15

I fail to see how that’s a problem. At cloak rank 8 you can full clear. I’ve leveled multiple characters through cloak upgrades. If you’re telling me i have to full clear at rank 8 all the way till 15, that’s a flatline.

2 Likes

I’m a flatline. I need help with a catchup mechanic. You can insult my skill if you want, if that’s all it is, then fine. But this was supposed to help players who are way behind and trying to catch up, and it’s not doing that for some of us.

6 Likes

I meant a flatline in skill requirement. A plateau.

1 Like

No, that is false.
You’re not factoring in how people with low level cloaks likely can’t do the full clear yet.
And the quests to upgrade it to rank it to 10 requires 6, not doable in 1 run. I assume the rank 11 quest is still 8. That’s when it drops down to 1 run.

2 Likes

Basically, the simplest of questions is… if all the other quests were reduced to needing only 2 items, why can’t these quests be given the same treatment? It makes no logical sense to me why these weren’t edited as well. If the point was only to make things clearable in one run, then every quest should’ve been reduced to only 4 items, but that is not the case.

It can be done in one run.

1 Like

Because as the quote from Kaivax says, it’s not about pages. It’s about making sure you can do it in one run. And those quests were reduced to 4 pages. That’s one run.

1 Like

I’m confused, don’t the “Fear and Flesh” pages drop from corrupt or lost zones? Why would it take a full clear to get one?

Because you need 4 pages and therefore 4 corrupted zones and therefore you either need to have either enough skill and/or research to do a full clear or you need to run it multiple times.

1 Like

8,9,10 requires clearing four zones. You don’t need to actually kill Alleria/Thrall for them.

2 Likes

They through us a bone. Relax. You have the rest of this year to get it.

2 Likes

You are right, I just do the two baby zones twice. Don’t want to risk trying a full clear when I know I’m nowhere close to where I’d need to be for that lol

1 Like

The problem is that I was so excited to hear that a catchup mechanic was on its way… only for it to not even be helping me, someone who desperately needed help catching up since I only returned a month ago.

Instead, it seems to be benefiting people who didn’t need the assist to begin with. They can do visions blindfolded, naked, and no research, so clearly it’s not a big deal to them. If the catchup mechanics aren’t reaching the actual people it was meant for… should that not be talked about?

5 Likes

Just did rank 10 on 444 druid. Had to do it twice. Second run I had Elite Termination and probably could have done 3 zones, 4 without Thrall possibly. I’d have to be lucky with potions for sure and have ke-babs.

A catch-up is a blanket thing. It isn’t selective. It doesn’t pick and choose. The amount of pages was reduced so that it could be complete in one run. If you cannot take advantage of that, like I said, it’s unfortunate, but that is a player problem. The catch-up has remained the same language since it was implemented. It can, if you play well enough, only take one run.

4 Likes

The pages were not reduced for these quests, though. These three quests that are specifically pinpointed here were not changed for some reason.

The title of this thread is just logistically true, and it’s weird. It doesn’t make sense why these three earlier steps should be harder than the steps that come after it.

4 Likes

…Yes they were, friend. Rank 8 required 4 pages. 9 required 6. 10 required 8. All of those ranks now require just four pages. Which, as I said, can be done in one run.

2 Likes

This is such a short-sighted complaint…

It might not be helping you now, because they’ve consistently made those quests easier to complete, but it will help you later when you don’t need 4 runs to finish the final level of your cloak.

2 Likes

So would you rather get 4 pages, or the old 8? It is a catch up mechanic.

2 Likes

If the idea is why complain because I’ll get there eventually… Then why add a catchup mechanic at all? Isn’t that the same argument you can have either way?

And the complaint is that these three ranks are harder than the ranks that come after.

I get it; you guys don’t care. You’re awesome. I am not. I thought the catchup mechanics were going to make a difference to me actually… catching up, and they aren’t at the moment. I am still at the exact same standstill as I was before the change.

3 Likes