Ret got nerfed, HArd

i have no idea why the forum posted as my alt warrior haha, welp that reply above is by me, and yeah im a paladin lmao

This is why PvE and PvP need to have entirely different damage numbers or completely different skills. Trying to balance them together is ridiculous even if Blizzard were still the player - focused company that they once were.

1 Like

It really was. I honestly haven’t noticed that much of a difference personally since this change except in really high multi target situations (Reaping or raid trash). I was regularly seeing 160k-200k+ plus dps in reaping waves or during the add spawn sections of Opulence.

5 Likes

Any reason this trait was nerfed without seeing a compensation in pvp? Ret is in a pretty weak state right now (at higher brackets). Before the nerf in 8.1 (which was snuck in without ptr testing) all ret had to make them strong was immense damage inside of wings. Now rets deal significantly less damage in their wings window, and laughable damage outside of wings. This creates a state of the game where there is very little reason to take a ret compared to other set up classes who are atleast somewhat useful without cooldowns.

I have a feeling that the blizzard devs view ret far too highly due to blessing of sanctuary and bubble. Sanctuary is almost always covered and played around. While it is still very powerful it is nowhere close to the utility that other classes can bring to their team. Bubble has no healing component to it, has an immense cooldown, and coupled with the fact that ret has no other damage reduction mechanics for spell damage makes the class extremely weak defensively. They have the least mobility out of any class (sure dk’s dont move fast but they can bring you to them) and are unable to deal with being trained when compared to other classes.

5 Likes

I just don’t like you. Ret has been in a weird spot, and finally it has a good working place…and you defend the nerf. You obviously don’t like the light. Repent your evil ways…you are obviously a lock, or a DK…or a…shudder…rogue.

6 Likes

Says the person posting from a DK! You’re clearly the blasphemer here.

24 Likes

Oh yeah, paladins were SOOOOOO broken, that’s why they are head over heals above everyone else good thing they didn’t nerf the weak specs like affliction or destruction…

warcraftlogs(dot)com/zone/statistics/21

Erm, how something that happened a decade and a year ago relevant to today? :thinking:

It really was. I honestly haven’t noticed that much of a difference

If the trait was really over-performing, wouldn’t nerfing it have a noticeable impact?

6 Likes

It brought the trait in line with the other ones. The +5 seconds on wrath/crusade are still huge. No kidding during one reaping I was pulling around 200k with it double stacked. I think that might be a bit much. It’s still going to rock m+ just like a hurricane instead of an erupting valcano.

I dont understrand how DH is considered ok honestly. that mobility and that debuff are just insane

4 Likes

Then you don’t play the class right lol. Cause Ret is pwning, to those who actually know how to play it. Grats for not knowing how to play the class!!!

I it is because you are a 110 Monk, cause monks are really shining right now.

well. im not a 110 monk im 120 I dont know why it doesnt update and this is one of my many, many, many monks

Can you address the effects in PvP though? Are rets performing well/competitively there IYO?

How full of it could you possibly be? I can’t believe anything you ppl say anymore thats how ridiculous you all sound. First the azerite armor reforge cost was fair and negligible (which your happy go lucky selves walked back not two weeks ago), and now ret pallys are fine!

Go look at any leaderboard. Look at all these raid comps. You guys force people to shelve toons because either you all have a love affair with ranged dps or you are that blind to reality.

INB4 internal diagnostics show casuals playing ret in island expeditions are doing good so all is good…he he he

5 Likes

And we wonder why the forums don’t get a lot of blue posts…

Some of you forget you’re talking to actual human beings, about a video game…

Dial it back a bit. Offer constructive criticism. Too many people do nothing but spew venom because “lol anonymity”.

15 Likes

Log out of the forums, then right back in. it should fix the problem.

Fixed that title for you.

Well the final Nail has been hammered in i am now putting my main up for good TY activision…