86k shattering throw

Not quite. First off “minimum 60k” is about the most exaggerated thing I’ve seen on this forum yet.

The warlock sacrifices 20% of their health for Dark Pact, and gets 250% absorb shield in return.

So if locks fully geared are sitting at roughly 70k, that’s 14k sacrificed and therefore they get about 35k shield. The shield shattering is 35k of the “damage”, and you did the 14k to yourself to pay for the shield. And all that is considering you dark pact at 100% health.

You just have to know that it’s coming as soon as you dark pact, and use the CD accordingly, with a plan to stop it.

It’s annoying, but it’s fair.

(much like Sacrolash plz revert)

1 Like

No but it happened multiple times. It breaks the shield for 46k and does an additional 40k dmg to the player.

1 Like

Affi needs an entire rework before I want them to be buffed.
The spec right now is extremely annoying and unfun to fight even when it’s weak.

They just reworked aff this xpac and made it terrible I dont see them doing another rework anytime soon sadly.

2 Likes

See this is what i dont understand why do you actually think its terrible to play is it only because your dots dont do most of your damage or something else like you have to properly kite certain things?

The damage is okay nothing crazy but doable. The biggest problem the class has imo is that it was designed to be a tanky caster and its no longer able to do that due to how high burst is in this game. Healthstone heal is laughable anymore and we can only use it once a game and and even when we have abilities like TP/gateway/soulshape most melee have gap closer’s to match them so you really cant even get away effectively.

2 Likes

The highest shattering throw i saw in arena is 92k I believe. Dark pact is good when facing other classes except for warrior and it is a must have for affi lock. Sadly warrior is just too op this expansion, its rep almost take up 20%, it crashes warlock so easily. Warlock is not too bad overall after 9.1.5, but it was so easily countered by warrior, that’s why we see only 2% rep of warlock in high rating. They simply need to take away the pvp talent demolition, it will make the game balance feel much better.

2 Likes

And yet, greater pyro blast was nerfed into oblivion, as was Arcanosphere (4 sec cast, and breaks on a sneeze) – nevermind that you can LOS it, kick it, stun it, cc it, look at it…

Literally nobody wants greater pyro to be viable ever. What’s funny is mages still run it in 2s anyway cause it’s not always hard to get off if you’re playing with stun bot.

Also arcanosphere can be cast through walls lol

Mages can’t complain about anything. Fire is the best spec in the game.

1 Like

this is exactly why they need to revert the drain soul talent back to the legion version when taken. if the drain life aspect was too much, they can always tone it down a bit, but honestly it’s what made affliction a force to be wreckon with pvp wise. (i’d also love to see UA made into a shard spammable stacking dot again, with actual consequence for dispeling like it once was.)

Yes being able to stack UA was so fun and having drain life actually effectively heal you was awesome back in the day.

1 Like

Everything you said is correct I’d only add that the dmg isn’t very effective. In this high burst dmg and heal meta the rot spec is worthless. Every class has passive defensives, heals, and/or shields that effectively out paces or minimizes affliction’s dmg. For affliction to become viable it needs to have some kind of modifier to its dots, like a MS effect, absorbing heals or the more dmg you do adds to your shield (like BFA destro had…… i know, I know….I’m just using that as an example).

1 Like

yeah, that was the 3rd thing i wanted to mention but lost my train of thought- all of afl’s dots need to be buffed… that’s what affliction’s supposed to be all about- melting faces. they can get rid of that stupid cd summon pet too while they’re at it!

ADDED: can you tell i REALLY wanna main my afl lock again?! lol

2 Likes

I’d want to do that too but unfortunately the class is in such terrible shape that I’ve only been playing TBC

1 Like

I really don’t find shattering throw problematic. I find 86k to be an excessive number, I have yet to see that.

If you’re really having a major issue with it, my next suggestion is to switch to demon skin.

Aff doesn’t need a complete rework, just some tuning. I think it’s actually quite fun right now.

I do! It also was not very good in high end arena matches, so it was a cheesy build that should have almost never won.

Ran into double affliction disc priest at 2500 MMR lol.

1 Like

How do people get shattering that high? My warrior partner never sees numbers like that even with the pvp talent.

Demolition talent + avatar + warbreaker + necro banner

if you stack a bunch of modifiers you can get big shatters

i’d be fine with shatter not benefiting from cooldowns but i still think it should be strong enough to remove a shield otherwise the honor talent is pointless

1 Like

This, but also the calculations seem off.

My friend and I suspected Shattering Throw to be acting weird for a while because some of the numbers are just astronomically high even when you factor in all of the damage components. We seemed to come close to figuring out what the trigger was but couldn’t quite reproduce the really, REALLY big hits 100% of the time.

From what I remember (this was before 9.1.5 dropped and we haven’t tested anything since), there’s some sweet spot shield value paired with the cooldowns that seems to take the damage Demolition was adding to the shield and also adding that same value to the actual damage that hits the player. Smaller shields didn’t have nearly as big of overkill and massive shields that Shatter didn’t fully break did significantly less total damage than one with some overkill.