1.13.7 PTR Discussion - Class Issues

You are right in your assessment, but unfortunately most players don’t appreciate how batching allows some really cool tricks in PvP. I remember watching a WSG tournament where some guy managed to kill the enemy FC and secure the victory by using a sapper charge to break a sheep.

Another trick I use consistently is dropping a freezing trap and wing clipping a target on the same batch, so even if your trap breaks early to a dispel or a heartbeat resist, you are not totally screwed since your target is also slowed.

I understand that 400ms batching can be extremely frustrating to a player that doesn’t know how the game works, but it dramatically raises the skill ceiling and it feels very rewarding when you master those subtle mechanics.

Yup, I don’t appreciate what bashing offer at the cost of losing reliability and losing my own reaction time, yep I said REACTION because this game is both reaction and prediction, especially in a world without bashing…your fast reaction will win fights for sure, assuming a good ping ofc.

Skill ceiling? eh I guess so but I’m sure you can live without and since you guys like to exploit, you’ll find new exploits with the new system I’m pretty sure.

awww… bug fix at the end of classic and ret pallies lose again.

@blizzard I must say you were right about “think you do, but you don’t”

I thought I wanted to play this game, but I didn’t want all of the verbal abuse from fellow players due to vindictive design decisions from 17 years ago.

Some minor change could be made to bring ret pallies in line with other melee dps. No one would suffer.

You can fix minor bugs. Classic is basically dead. Maybe just make ret pallies not trash for a few months? Would that be so onerous?

1 Like

TBC Pre-Patch maybe?

I’m not sure if the TBC pre-patch would work, since I think the talents expect you to be level 70 to fully utilize them.

I’m thinking more of a hack, like a baseline damage increase while inside instances and maybe tack it onto 2h weapon skill or vengeance or something.

Greetings!

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve spawned a few helpful (if a bit hapless) Training Dummies in Durotar and Elwynn Forest to facilitate easier class testing on the 1.13.7 PTR.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Nah I dont agree. Im so sick and tired of seeing my lay on hands or bop go off and its wasted. There is no way to predict everything. Usually npcs are up to the last hit swing on your friend and you only have a short time to react. You cant predict it unless you are a computer. I think stupidity should be removed. And it was, Ectoplasmic distiller was one which messed up tanking. But we shouldnt make changes to massive spells or talents just because we fix something absurd. Only if its beneficial. If its a fix for herb gathering affecting cooldowns on shadow oil. Fix it. If its a fix to make vanish not have problems against npcs or make npcs not get off the last hit, fix it. BUT if its to remove spell batching on reckoning when it always worked that way in 2006, like in the video below, dont change it, because its such a large spell, and remember. CHANGE ONLY IF ITS BENEFICIAL. There is nothing beneficial about nerfing an already nerfed class.
Dont change it and stay as true as possible to the original game.

It all depends on whats beneficial and non beneficial. So the problem with changing the batching is reckoning cant be stacked like in the video. That method is an original method. So Blizzard should actually rework reckoning to work from spam sits even if they changed the original 400 ms spell batching because reckoning is a big spell. They should make a new spell batching that makes the gains positive so certain specific spells are targeted. So they should create an alternative spell batching that is specific to certain spells that players benefit from. This would be the best of both worlds and be as true to 2006 while simultaneously erasing the constant whining.

2 Likes

If you have issues with a spell/ability on PTR due to spell bashing removal (reckoning in your case), simply report it and PTR dev will take a look.

Shaman fire totems are not being properly affected by “spell power vs Undead”

3/3 Undead Cleansing Not Benefiting Shaman Fire Totems

1 Like

New Spell Batching Fixed WOW Classic that should have been done over a year ago! Lets Go Shut Down PTR Bring the Patch Next Week it is ready!! All these people are just crying about nothing and afraid of how real wow classic was. GO GO GO BRING THE PATCH NEXT WEEK SO OUR CLASSES WORK LIKE THEY DID IN 2004-2006… CLOSE PTR CLOSE PTR, BRING PATCH LIVE LIVE LIVE GO GO GO GO

No more testing needed its ready bring patch 1.13.7 patch live already!!!

1 Like

@Kaivax

I’m not really an expert, but seal twisting is… really nice. The current implementation on the PTR is fun and actually improves Retribution damage, while also maybe making things like Nightfall more useful in addition to the previous Nightfall improvements.
I think even Prot gets some good mileage out of this but I’ll defer to a Prot pally on that.

It’s way more usable and functional than the Live “version”.

I hope this can go live without other players becoming upset.

Thank you :slight_smile:

It’s definitely a significant buff, but it does things that seal twisting never could do.

The only 2 seal twists that ever did anything alliance side was Crusader + a damaging seal due to the haste snapshot and delayed seal damage, as well as the command + justice swap for some added chances to stun (this one didn’t even get fully broken in the original PTR and did not need a fix)

Later on, seal of blood also was able to twist with SoC, but the alliance side unique seal could not.

Seal twisting was never able to allow us to apply any two seals (or two different ranks of the same seal) to our melee hits.

This is a significant change to how ret paladins work, and really should not have been made.

Welp. I vote for an end (or slight reduction) to 17 years of constant, unprovoked personal abuse.

Who’s with me! PTR -> Live!

This is wholly untrue. You could apply 2 stacks of SoV and double proc SoJ/L/W. SoL and SoW are wholly pathetic wastes of space because they aren’t worth the global and mana to use, but you could still use them. I would seal twist to double proc vengeance all the time and the SoJ proc would help with setting up a JoC with double damage.

Even seal of blood only ever functioned when twisting from Command to Blood. Seal twisting wasn’t a universal always use 2x seals on your autoattack.

Plus there’s the slight annoyance that this version uses up an extra buff slot if paladins change seals without manually cancelling the first, even if they aren’t trying to seal twist.

We can agree to disagree. My experience holds one way and your beliefs another. Your annoyance with buffs slots is not really related to seal twisting, but rather the limited slots as a whole.

Just so that we have some formal reporting with current issues here.

1. Reckoning is not working as it was before the batch change, as follows:

You were able to stack reckoning against mobs by standing up as the mob attacked you. You would be sitting as the attack registered, but stand within 400 ms (the batch window) such that the crit registered as you standing. With a 10 ms batch, this is nearly impossible to replicate.

1. Seal Twisting is inaccurate to its former live self, and is much stronger, more akin to its TBC variant. You can also stack multiple ranks of the same seal with itself (such as rank 1 and 2 of seal of command), which could never happen, even in TBC.
2 Likes

For Retribution just make Sanctity Aura give 10% to all damage schools and up the debuff limit to 32 and valla Rets are valuable.

This would make JotC work and Rets would be needed in groups to apply damage aura.