8.3 Thread

This is absolutely a fair point. How many people know Darkshire was basically turned to the Burning Legion? It’s absolutely something they would do.

Didn’t they put Gallywix’s removal behind the goblin heritage quest?

1 Like

His disappearance is mentioned in Orgrimmar but we don’t know the details yet.

If nothing else, we know he’s no longer the functional goblin leader.

1 Like

And thank (insert deity of choice here) for that.

3 Likes

I felt the need to like that twice. Gazlowe is 100% going to be a better goblin leader. I actually really like how he’s presented, even if he is Steamwheedle.

3 Likes

I do wonder about the political implications of his appointment.

Does that mean Gazlowe is stepping down as a Steamwheedle Trade Prince, or does it mean that at least a portion, and a significant one at that, of the Steamwheedle Cartel is signing on with the Horde?

1 Like

We don’t really know who the Steamwheedle Trade Prince is. We know, as of the RPG, there was a ‘trade prince steamwheedle’. Noggenfogger and Revilgaz hold positions equal to Gazlowe, as well, as ‘mayors’ of their respective cities.

1 Like

Lots of new stuff dropped on Wowhead, mostly cutscene data. End of raid, Wrathion stuff, and a new but yet uncracked Death Knight opening.

1 Like

On the dumbphone at work on my break, but AFAIK, Steamwheedle was a collection of Trade Princes collaborating for mutual profit, but each ran their “region” according to their own unique style, with the caveat that they remained exclusively neutral to both the Horde and the Alliance.

Gazlowe has always been a bit iffy on that last part, and in B4A, he’s outright worked with the Horde. Even if he was working to expand Ratchet’s profit margins, that’s a big old violation of the agreement.

2 Likes

God I wonder if people will still adamantly claim “WoW isn’t anime!” after that (potentially) raid ending cutscene. I don’t hate it per se but it kinda looks a little goofy.

2 Likes

Ehhhh. A town that hasn’t been relevant since Classic really isn’t on the same level as a character that’s been a major player for the past three Expansions.

Spoiler: Blizzard puts major lore developments in tiny scenarios so they don’t have to resolve them later.

You beat up and leave Gallywix stuck in a suit of armor at the end of the Goblin Heritage quest. Gazlowe getting the job is a separate thing. It’s actually kind of weird because it contradicts what’s going on in the world at the time.

“Gallywix ran off with Sylvanas!”
“What? No he didn’t, he’s stuck in this fused G.M.O.D and Hobart Grapplehammer is wringing every copper he can out of him.”

That’s so lame.
They should leave Gazlowe with the Steamwheedle Cartel and use Sassy Hardwrench as as the Goblin leader.

who’s that

She was the player’s “Executive Assistant” throughout the Goblin starting zone.
I just picked her because I like her and she’s Bilgewater, unlike Gazlowe.

oh. idk if i’d want a character that’s been untouched by most of the userbase to lead a major group. then again, blizzard’s never been too keen on giving half a dang about racial groups, unless its orcs or human related. so, fair enough. its better to have a bilgewater leading bilgewaters.

Didn’t they make Boss Mida canon? What’d be wrong with her?

2 Likes

Eh… It’s not like they’d actually pick her.
I just don’t like the idea of removing Gazlowe from the Steamwheedle Cartel, even if he does push things with his Horde support.

She’s literally done nothing since Stranglethorn Vale. Gazlowe’s actually received tons of development, and we actually see how he leads. He’s still greedy, but he looks after those underneath him. That’s cool, and important.

She uh, is literally some NPC in Orgrimmar who’s never done anything. Except be slightly tall. That’s like making random druid trainer #3 faction leader of the night elves.

1 Like