8.3 proves devs have learned nothing. More grind and timegates

Ah! That explains why retail servers are full to bursting and don’t use CRZ anymore; why friends lists and guild rosters are lit up like Christmas trees!

Oh, wait…

1 Like

I can’t believe people are actually going to buy Shadowlands after the complete mess that BfA turned out to be.

People complain about things being too expensive these days, but go and pay for straight up garbage without a care in the world.

I can’t believe people that claim to hate this game as much as they do keep spending their time and money here anyway.

Go find something that you actually enjoy doing with your time if it’s so bad here. There is no reason to stay and continue to subject yourself to a hobby that you don’t like anymore, or at least claim not to like.

There’s plenty of other games out there that you would enjoy if this one isn’t doing it anymore for you.

lol no it doesn’t. Especially if you aren’t pushing rank 1 content.

I travel,I have a job, my own place, I have a daughter, I’m a songwriter, book writer, artist, 3d-modeller and I make music sometimes as well as an avid MMORPG / Action game player.

So…yeah.

No.

Heh.

Oh, you don’t even know the half of it! :slight_smile:

Sharding is a technology used to avoid lagging and guild are a thing of the past.
You play WoW, you don’t have friends like all of us.

#stillavirgin

CRZ and sharding are different, as is layering.

its the same thing.
CRZ use sharding to group people in a specific zone.
Sharding alone is used everywhere, even if you click on the mission table to are sharded elsewhere (you can see people disappear when they do their mission table).

Whatever.

Slice it, dice it, mince it, chop it: If servers still had sustainable populations, none of these measures would be necessary and server communities would still be thriving.

Yes it does. I play late at night and my server is usually not very active at that time. Sharding is great: be able to group with people not from your server to do World bosses or other activities, ON DEMAND, is great.

I’d rather have a full server and group with people from that server. I can guild and trade with them.

Because if there weren’t any limits on the power progression of characters players would complain about the opposite.

You’d have no lifers with maxed necks, 475 ilvl with max corruption and cloak in a week or players botting to that level curb stomping everyone else in a system that only rewarded time investment. The classic HWL/ GM grind for example. It’s called balance.

1 Like

If players want to consume content like locusts, let them. I would rather not have my game content parceled out like a kiddie recess.

Even the F2P games I play have fewer limits on content and far fewer time-gates.

Well, since you view this as a solo player game and do no group content, I could see how you wouldn’t care.

For the rest of us, it would be horrible to watch players rewarded for botting islands endlessly.

Either you are responding to the wrong poster, or once again putting words into my mouth.

I never said I view WoW as a solo player game.

I never said I do not do group content.

They keep making it…we keep playing it.

Who has really learned nothing here, us or them?

Revelation Online - F3P Chinese entry, fun story, classes and systems and you can fly! Everything you need is provided in-game

Neverwinter Online - if you liked Baldur’s Gate, this is for YOU! F2P good class design (ADD) and exceptional gameplay. Everything you need is provided in-game

Star Trek Online - ground and space missions, crew members, ships, this game has it all. F2P Everything you need is provided in-game. If you love Star Trek you will love this game. Many racial choices.

These are just a few. But ESO is still at the top of my list.

I am completely OK with regearing every expansion, that is to be expected.

Throwing away what was shoehorned in to be the very core of my characters abilities because the current team can’t get over the rental model?

That I mind very much.

1 Like

Of course, because your character is the same one you had at the end of WoD, no new abilities, talents, power --even the levels you’ve gained are insignificant.