Invasion Over - Turn In NPCs Gone

We need the Commander brought back for folks that have Runes but can’t turn them in because of the 10 rune pre-req quest.

3 Likes

This is a pretty big punishment for people who farmed everything they needed but didnt turn it in. The 3 set is BIS for casters, not being able to complete it is pretty brutal.

Please respawn Commander Thomas Helleran so quests can be turned in.

2 Likes

They misplaced their priorities and missed the event.

As unfortunate as that is, that is their own doing. They shouldve focused on doing the pre-quest. If they werent at the right level, that shouldve been their focus.

Events over. Move on

1 Like

Regardless, Blizzard could take 10 seconds out of their day to respawn the NPC.

If anything, having the reward quests gated behind an arbitrary pre-req is a silly design decision in the first place and the middle of the day removal of the event during an extended holiday weekend is simply bad management on their part.

This thread reminds me of a group of local kids. My aunts restaurant has taco Tuesday specials. Yet once in a while a group of kids shows up Wednesday and is bummed out about special ending day before.

2 Likes

Blizzard said it ended on the 31st and did not specify a time. A bunch of folks planned on using that time to grind and instead were greeted with a 2 PM “oh the event is over” problem. Blizzard has already brought back the Quartermaster so that players that grinded for Necrotic Runes could turn them in.

The only thing that is missing is that access to the Quartermaster is gated behind a quest offered by the Commander. All we are asking for is that the Commander be respawned so that we can turn in our Necrotic Runes like everyone else.

Ah, so changes only when it’s convenient, right?

If you’ve waited up until now to do that quest, that sounds like a you problem.

1 Like

I was leveling a Mail wearer from level 13 in December. I missed the deadline by 6 hours because I was expecting them to end the event on midnight like every company ever instead of paying for boosts.

I also raid naxx 2 nights in 2 different raid groups. There’s a hard limit to how much you can get done in any given amount of time.

Exactly.

Idk how you’re expecting to do Naxx on a fresh 60 anyways lol.

2 Likes

You missed the event. End of story. Time to move on

1 Like

I have no plans to do Naxx on the Hunter, but at the very least, I wanted to complete my Undead Slaying set. I have 2/3. I’m only missing the Gloves.

Would have been nice if you folks would have at least acknowledged that the xmas presents were not reset this year.

The Quartermaster is now gone and we never got a solution to the problem. Thanks Blizz, when you fired 90% of your Support Team, I guess you only fired the helpful ones.

They extended the event WEEKS past when it should have ended. They gave you a warning on when specifically it was going to end. They even respawned the turn-in npc’s so people could still trade their last few runes.

I can’t fathom how, if these stones/gear were so game-breaking for you people how you waited 4 weeks to even do the pre-req quest.

You procrastinated… and you’re suffering the consequences. With any luck, you’ll absorb these lessons offered in a video game so you can avoid the harsher lessons RL is going to give you… with even less sympathy.

2 Likes

This character was level 19 at the start of the event. The pre-req had a level 50 requirement to complete.

Between running Naxx 2 nights a week in 2 different raid groups, farming consumes, grinding materials and such, I finished leveling this character to 50 6 hours after the removed the NPCs.

There was no procrastination. There was simply a crap ton of things to do.

And I’m not talking about the event as a whole - I’m talking about the action of them respawning the Quartermaster, but neglecting to respawn the gatekeeper to that Quartermaster. It would have been a very simple fix and instead, they sat on their hands and pretended all was well.

I mean, thats unfortunate then but… you missed the cutoff. If you really wanted to be a scarab lord but couldnt get the quests done in time guess what? You missed the cutoff.

Sorry but thats just how things work. There was a deadline. You chose to prioritize other things and you missed said deadline. Unfortunate… but its really not anyone’s fault but your own.

Its not incumbent on them to take action to alleviate the consequences of you missing the deadline. It was gracious of them to respawn any of the NPC’s, they didnt have to even do that.

1 Like

Funny you mention that, I helped 2 of my friends get Scarab Lord and the mount in time for the event to finish on my server. I wasn’t interested in doing it myself.

You’re right, but at the same time, if the intent was to allow players to access the Quartermaster, they neglected to make it accessible to everyone that may have had Necrotic Runes. Like I said, this hunter is still sitting on 50 Necrotic Runes because while I was leveling, I also grinded necrotic runes and the other 2 pieces of Undead Slaying set.

I mean… thats great… But past altruism doesn’t insulate you from the consequences of missing THIS deadline… and it certainly doesn’t make it Blizzards responsibility either way. Maybe you shoulda asked the people you helped with Scarab Lord to help you get to 50 in time.

The intent was to allow people already on the quest to hand in their last runes. Again, not their responsibility to go out of their way to accommodate people who literally waited until the last few hours to even start the chain. Unfortunate if you just weren’t able to get there in time but… once again… thats just life in the bigs my dude…

1 Like

I wasn’t waiting. I was leveling. I got 3/3 Cloth, Leather, and Plate Undead Slaying set pieces on my other characters. I was expecting a midnight event closure, but they ended the event at 2 PM. I finished leveling to 50 at 10 PM.

All I’m saying is that the vague time details and then the inaction over the weekend requested by those of us asking for help caused this. I may have missed a deadline, but it appears that they’ve missed the deadline to help anyone with the same problem as me and I’m not thrilled about it.

There could have been a solution and yet they sat on their hands and decided that we didn’t deserve to be helped. That’s where I’m frustrated.

WoW I mean, why isnt there an npc still available to turn in necrotic runes… Just doesnt make sense why he doesnt stay in epl or the quartermaster cant do turn ins for them… FAIL BLIZZARD