80% of wow players want RDF and Blizzards like we listened and removed it

How can a company be so out of touch that a small subset of the non-meta population can cry and be like we don’t want RDF it kills the community and Blizzard takes that as the end all and removes the one thing most of the population has been looking forward to. Hell even the poll on Warcraft logs was overwhelming in support of RDF so just how can Blizz be so out of touch or not run their own polls?

Only thing I can think about is greed, They are gonna push to sell boost to people that didn’t play or want to reroll faction. After they have sold all those they will add the faction transfers so you can transfer your mains over even though you alrdy xfered them off to make your new characters so now you got to xfer them back and faction transfer them. Then once the game is basically in raid log maintenance mode halfway through naxx they will finally add RDF to rally up their rapidly declining numbers.

Im a tank I can find groups currently in TBC, but it still takes 20-30 minutes before we can even get people there and start pulling I’ve had people leave at which point we have to run out and find yet another person and wait 5-10 minutes to start up again or if its the healer 10-20 minutes or more because lets face it who wants to join a half cleared dungeon.

Groups rarely if ever talk because we are all annoyed at each other for how long it takes to get everyone going because pugs are like herding cats, Had a warrior the other day keep saying I need a minute and dude was flipping gems on the auction house…

RDF was a god send, you sit down Q up go farm for 20 minutes or if your a tank or healer basically get an insta pop, everyone says hi then the grind begins. Wotlk Dungeons are basically 5-10 minute speed clears so you aren’t talking anyway and if you see someone good you add them up to friends and build your community that way. Hell even if they aren’t good I’ve helped hundreds of random players over the years from RDF to get better, given tips ect.

As for your community I’m on Grobb, we have 10k+ people on each faction bunch of RPers and if I’m on anything but my tanks I will never get a group on my dps chars, I tried to find a run on my 66 Shadow priest the other day and gave up after 3 hours.

TLDR: People want to play the game and have fun in dungeons when they only have an hour to play. They don’t wanna try to herd cats for 2 hours to get a group together to run things nor does every person have the temperament to try to recruit players for a group which is the only way dps can do a dungeon if they arent full T6 or friends of the person putting it together.

101 Likes

No RDF NO SUB

44 Likes

Eh, I cancelled a while back when this decision was made. I’m just raiding in Sunwell with my guild until it fully runs out. I had a 6 month sub so I think I have around 3 months left on it.

30 Likes

Kind of in the same spot, I don’t wanna spend 20 minutes - 2 hours again looking for groups for 5-10 minute dungeons.

38 Likes

Talk with your wallet. I have with mine. 5 active accounts in my household will go inactive.
I’m done with it all

38 Likes

I was slightly off on my #'s but its 54.62% for RDF, 23.21% against RDF, and 22.17% dont care. Which is more then twice the population actually wanting RDF.

12 Likes

Slightly off by a huge amount. Nothing to see here folks.

A majority vote does not matter. ENOUGH people want it removed to warrant Blizzard taking Classic in a different direction than retail. Want dungeon finder? Go play retail.

Imgur

Nice try though. Failed attempt at silencing someone simply because you don’t agree with them.

26 Likes

This phrase still going on? Don’t want Dungeon Finder? Go play Classic Era. See? I can do it, too.

Furthermore, I love how you are all saying that the Dungeon Finder won’t be in Lich King as a matter of fact, when really, we have NO idea what Blizzard will actually do until the expansion is finally released.

23 Likes

Lets face it the only people that don’t want RDF are the asshats that HARD RES the item they want from the dungeon or only invite people that won’t roll on it. People that sell there tank services, or the GDKP crowd trying to make a quick buck off people for gear.

37 Likes

Or people with friends and guilds to run content with. The audacity of us :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Correct me if I’m not following the flow of the conversation right. Are you saying people with guilds/friends online don’t want LFD? If you already have a group of buddies you can consistently run dungeons with then how does allowing people without those things to have the option of LFD affect you at all?

31 Likes

Where are you getting your statistics? You realize people that have no issues probably aren’t even on the forums right?

3 Likes

Nice stat. Waiting for evidence supporting it.

5 Likes

actually only a small vocal minority wants LFD. True gamers dont care for such things.

7 Likes

Because if you recall LFD had rewards tied to it in Wotlk with badges. So it becomes like all things in wow over the years with power gains tied to it. Mandatory content.

3 Likes

They announced what they’re doing to do. I’d say we have a pretty good idea…

4 Likes

Have they done a Beta yet? No? Have we received a pre-patch yet? No? Have they launched the expansion? No? Do companies change their mind ALL THE TIME? Yup!

1 Like

Beta is for testing features, not deciding what features to implement.

2 Likes

I meant that in a progression manner.

that was from warcraft logs so basically everyone that plays and raids and cares about the game.