8 rep grinds for flying

Again, this is an MMO. 87.98% of the content is quest based. MMOs are literally quest or die by design. And what are some of these “other things” you are vaguely referencing as evidence?

There were only two ways to ever earn flying: Quest to max level and buy it from a faction vendor per toon, (discounts for -gasp- being exalted with that faction) and now Pathfinder: Complete a meta achievement over the course of ~half a year and unlock account wide flight.

Even if flight came back like it was originally implemented, it would cost some 20k gold per toon. Which I am sure people would scream about as a time sink, greedy Blizzard playtime mechanic, and how 20k gold for each of the 15 max-level alts the complainer has is outrageous and just forcing people to buy tokens, etc.

You could never earn flight any other way. Questing, gold and faction rep have always been it. The only “alternative option” that flight ever had, was 310% speed could be earned via What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been or purchased at the flight trainer.

It really is sad that you have no imagination and rely entirely on what someone else tells you is how you should be playing the game.

If you don’t have all available reps at Exalted at this point, you don’t do enough in the game to warrant a need or desire for flying. That’s a fact.

Most of us have been Exalted with current factions for MONTHS. If you aren’t, you’re just lazy. Emissaries alone would’ve gotten you there.

I respect this observation, and you are right that time spent playing should feel like it was well spent and accomplished something. But some people take it to a disgusting extreme. There are players who care about being efficient and not wasting time, and there are those who feel incredibly insulted if they have to spare even a SINGLE SECOND doing something that they don’t want to do.

Most of the players demanding flight immediately come off as the latter; How dare Blizzard put a reward they want behind content they don’t like, and how dare Blizzard force those players to wait. Their time is very valuable and they can only play for 2 hours a week and they would like to speak to the manager immediately.

It’s definitely not just an Ion thing. This started way back in TBC with Skyguard, Ogri’la and Netherwing daily quest rep grinds… although they were mostly optional, as the rewards were largely cosmetic like mounts, although there was some good gear as well.

You’ve had months to get them to revered. Blizz hasn’t changed the rep thing since WoD. Yet people like you always pitch a fit and act like you’ve been ambushed with these rep requirements. I’ve taken 2, 3 month breaks. Hardly play and I’m revered with 6 of the factions. So what’s your excuse OP…lets hear it.

3 Likes

Maybe I am off on context but it looks like you quoted me as having said that, I didn’t. That is part of a quote from the player I was responding too.

You’e had months to get Elite status in Rated Battlegrounds. Why haven’t you? What’s your excuse… let’s hear it?

1 Like

It’s Voltron actually…I used to watch that cartoon back in the 80s…yes I know I’m old :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i still have my voltron cats picked up with my transformers! =]

1 Like

Whoops, my bad.

Love this quote…RIP Chris Metzen. If only the devs followed the same philosophy as their writers :roll_eyes:

1 Like

By this point it should only be two rep grinds, you should already have the others by now.

I did…I even remember having to go do Black Morass so I could talk to Medivh so he could give me the last key I needed to open Kara :sunglasses:

lol revered.

It’s STILL two more grinds…We did enough rep grinding with part 1 IMO. That alone should have been enough, but no…now we’re forced to do a bunch more BS AND we’ve been kept waiting almost a damn YEAR to get flying back this time :rage:

1 Like

You get a mount for it this time, its fine.

3 expansions of mega posts about how disliked this fly change has been with 0 give by Blizz says a lot.

1 Like

Here we go again :roll_eyes:

Pathfinder itself is NOT the issue…it’s being forced to wait almost a YEAR before we can fly again. Part 2 is absolute BS and and is nothing more than an uber long time gate which serves NO purpose except as a form of punishment for all the players that quit over the flight removal during WoD and to piss off everyone else who is still playing that wants to fly before the expac is no longer relevant

2 Likes

The biggest 0 give is ok… we’re FINALLY releasing flying… we’ve heard you. We know the community doesn’t like rep grinding… but enjoy 2 more rep grinds! Trololol.

1 Like