8 rep grinds for flying

agree that the game would be more enjoyable if we were allowed to digest it on our own terms instead of the unnecessarily dictated path

2 Likes

This is coming from someone who only recently pulled his finger out and finally did Draenor and Legion Pathfinding this year…

…the requirement is nothing.

I’m usually behind on this sort of stuff but for once, I’m ahead. I could have these reps all exalted right now if I wanted (I only did 7th Legion and Proudmoore Exalted for races) but to get Revered is so easy and if you’ve been doing WQ’s like I have, you’d have Part One done already.

I don’t see the gripe anymore because if you’re ‘playing’ the game, you would have Part One already done.

No one plays the game farming rep. Rep was made unfun by Dear Leader and the diablo B devs.

3 Likes

Honestly all they need to do is add variety to the grinds. I’m not sure how they can possibly think grinding WQs for every single rep is fun especially when a fair amount of WQs are just quests we did while leveling.

They need to add Tabards back but allow you to earn rep in PVP/PvE activities. Dungeons for pve, random BGs for pvp. This will allow people to do as many dungeons as they want if they want a break from WQs. I’ll tell you right now I despised grinding WQs in the beginning of the expac for the reps. You don’t -have- to, but with it being an unlock requirement for pathfinder as well as having some gear that was good before uldir you basically did/do have to. Having to or not having to isn’t a big deal, the problem is it’s not enjoyable to do.

This is a problem with a lot of grinds in WoW. There’s no variety at all. They just lock something important behind 1 piece of content. The main grind for AP is locked behind Islands/WQs (which feel the exact same, islands feel like instanced WQs to me) and the grind for Rep is locked behind WQs. There’s no variety here so the grinds become very boring early on and it makes alts a hassle as well. If they allowed AP to be grinded through islands/m+/pvp I could atleast choose to do pvp on my alt while I do m+ on my main and then maybe islands on another alt so I don’t get burnt out.

3 Likes

Wish I could give you more hearts for this. Completely agree!!

1 Like

and that is exactly what they want you to do. This is the exact thing they are trying to do to say… see no one wants flying.

Thanx for falling in their trap.

granted, i probably play more than most people, but i’m an altoholic as well. i have 11 max level and had 23 at the end of legion. just playing the game gets you to the plateaus needed without much effort.

if you really play on limited time, use it more proficiently - do different parts with each alt. the requirements are account wide; make use of this feature. i did the zone quests on a different toon to experience a new take on each alt, and once completed, i had the pathfinder 1 done.

this is why i don’t understand people complaining about the rep and questing needed… to me, they just want it for no effort because if they’re playing a game they “love”, it’ll fall into place.

Not at all. I had the first 6 a month into the expac without trying.

Why couldn’t flying be available to everyone in patch 8.1? I think Blizzard’s choice of holding back on flying for so long doesn’t help anyone at all. What if next expansion we can have flying accessible with release, but it will take getting to exalted with appropriate reputations - instead of waiting until most of the expansion is over?

1 Like

Clearly the more modern devs just arent as talented as the earlier ones.
The art is much better, but thats likely just because todays hardware can run much more detailed graphics than 15 years ago.

3 Likes

I have to say as a returning player, the Pathfinder rep requirements are a bit deterring.

The main reason is because I feel like if I want to eventually unlock flying at this point, I’m obligated to continue playing my ‘main’ when what I want to do is level an alt and try something new. If I start spending all my time on a new character, that is potential progression toward unlocking flying wasted. It would be one thing if the current reps were the only ones needed and I could just finish those up, but knowing there will be additional reps which we need to grind out in the next part makes me feel further pigeonholed into playing a character I don’t really want to play anymore considering it would take forever to start the whole part one over again.

The problem is reps being time gated. I’d be happy to just suck it up and grind out step after step for completion. But with reps, you literally cannot do this.

2 Likes

This IS a stupid question for me, but what are these “contracts”? How are they used?

Duh on me.

Inscriptors make contracts which gives you a buff that gives you 10 additional rep per world quest with a reputation associated with the contract. Its not much, but if all you wanna do is smash through world quests, it adds up pretty quickly.

1 Like

Worst part is that a lot of the patchfinder progress is time gated out of players control due to RNG.

So playing the game is factually false if you are waiting for rep from a certain faction and RNG isn’t on your side.

1 Like

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

just curious, but what part is rng-based?

I think a part of it is because dungeons and pvp have little to nothing to do with outdoor exploration.

The only problem I see in Pathfinder is that WQs are pretty dull. But it’s definitely easy and doable.

You hit reveared by simply doing all the main quests and then maybe a hand full of WQs. Most of it is passively earned anyway.

I think a lot of the current problems in wow revolve around world quests. There should be more outdoor specific content. That’s coming in 8.2

2 Likes

you can also look at it this way: it’s blizzard’s way of rewarding people who never left in the first place. you might not agree with it, but that was your choice to stop playing for whatever reason and come back now.

not really… unless you’re close to the rep needed. you can pick up on a new alt where your old main was, in regards to the quests. any rep that meets the requirement will count so if you do have one already at revered, start your new toon on a different group. until my old main, my DK, hit exalted on everything a month or two ago, i continued using my other alts, each running a different zone. it’s like zoltron - once each part’s done, they all combine to give the achievement… it’s not gated to only one toon needing everything done.

Truthfully, “flexibility” was never required before WOD.

Obtaining flying was totally inclusive of every player that played the game. The only requirement was gold and gold, my friend, could be made by many “flexible” modes dependent upon your preferred style of play.

Personally I do not have an issue with Pathfinder this go around. After the group instance requirements in Legion, which shut many players out of being able to fly at all, at least this time around it is obtainable by every player in the game.

There may be some kinds of content that some players do not wish to do, and I agree that to have a larger “pool” of choice for how Pathfinder can be completed would be a fairer and more FUN way to PLAY A GAME.

I am not always thoroughly convinced that the current devs are interested in making flying “fun” for players to obtain.

2 Likes

Because you’d not be playing the game the correct way.
-Hazzikostas, I. Circa 2018

2 Likes