8 rep grinds for flying

If this was in response to me then that’s a big nope. Been a lot of emissaries since launch.

World questing are a part of emissaries.

Enjoying WQs and doing 4 WQs are two different things

1 Like

I fail to see how after completing the other requirements, like 100 WQ, the Warcampaign, and Loremaster, you would somehow be able to avoid being Revered with everything.

True, wouldn’t it be nice to do what you enjoy while also gaining rep?

3 Likes

I’m about ready to tell Bliz to take their flying and their stupid rep grind and stick it!
Think about how often I’ve gone back to Legion or WoD and flew around? Hardly EVER!!
Even still BFA has a decent number of flight paths. I’m seriously considering just bagging the whole flying grind thing.
I absolutely hate it.

2 Likes

Actually it was to limit the amount of BoE gear that could be farmed from 5 mans and raid dungeons. Too many people just ran those instances non-stop and flooded the AH with BoE gear to the point where the gold values for each was abysmally low due to constant undercutting. Those who were lucky enough to make money on those endeavors made a killer profit, but everyone else suffered and the economy was really bad. Hence the dungeon limit per hour now, but yes it also served as a gate on progression

Did you even READ the entirety of the thread?? We aren’t having an issue with Pathfinder as a requirement to fly. The issue we are having is being forced to wait several months (we’re already almost a year in FFS) for part 2 to go live…and then having even MORE requirements to COMPLETE part 2

I mean sure, but then the rep would be further gated by a weekly lockout so . . . Either way, between WQs (particularly ones that give the rep tokens), emissaries, mission table, contracte and other sources, getting the rep for flying is pretty cake. Enjoying the grind is a whole different issue.

Remember when unlocking epic flying actually counted towards future expansions?

Now, all this grind will do is unlock flying in BFA, an expansion that is such a dumpster fire I never plan to visit it once its over.

These stupid grinds take longer, and give less reward. I am willing to bet less people will complete BFA pathfinder than any flying grind in the last 3-4 expacs.

3 Likes

So how many times does the story get told doing the exact same dailies over and over? Yeah, you can call them World Quests all you want, but they are dailies.

I can see requiring the completion of a story line, but the rep grinds are ridiculous as a requirement. Uncover all the map, get loremaster, etc… these things kind of make sense, although not in terms of being a prereq for flight.

1 Like

You don’t have to do dailies. There are other sub quests that aren’t in direct line with Loremaster that still pertain to that zone/story.

I haven’t tested it yet (but I may here with some down time), but I believe you can get the rep requirements with no/minimal dailies involved

Patchfinder was never a compromise. Let your friends and family know the truth.

and yet you still can’t fly in instances nor raids… so what exactly was the point of all that?

1 Like

If you like to fly, then yes.

If flying isn’t that important then I would say No.

1 Like

i unlocked pathfinder already and i refuse to grind anymore reps to get flying that will be gone by the next xpac.

Just unsubscribe. That’s what I did. Not exclusively over the flight issue, but that was a contributing factor.

4 Likes

Same here…Flight was the biggest factor, but I have other issues with the game too…mainly the talent changes, changing the game world post Cata, killing off several quests and quest chains in the process, all the RNG with loot with war/titanforging, more RNG with azurite gear, paltry/poor WQ/warfront/expedition rewards…etc. We got a watered down version of Legion with the MoP 2.0 style storyline with Sylvanas instead of Garrosh as the big bad we gotta kill. The devs are getting lazy and/or running out of ideas to make the game fun, (or they simply don’t care about the fun factor anymore) so instead to extend the life of the content they give to us as long as possible, they keep us on the ground and make it virtually impossible to get anywhere within a reasonable amount of time due to convoluted terrain design and densely packed mobs, just to keep us logged in as long as they possibly can to make the DAU/MAU numbers look good. Meanwhile they make us wait nearly a YEAR to get flying again and I’m sick of it. I unsubbed and will probably never go back to retail again as long as Ion is still in charge and Pathfinder part 2 still exists. Classic on the other hand I might check out to see if it’s truly classic and not some stupid hybrid

3 Likes

already am it expires in 10 days.

1 Like

I play alts so most of my toons are just friendly or honored. If you play every class with limited time, pathfinder is out of the question difficult to get. That is why pathfinder should at least add all your reps together per account since flying is account wide. I know I am doing it wrong, but that is how I have played since classic. That is how I enjoy the game.

1 Like