8 rep grinds for flying

What you suggested was a sound idea and would seem to fit with Blizz’s philosophy of ‘play how you want.’ All they would need to do is give us back rep tabards that allow us to rack up rep through pvp, dungeons, raiding, or whatever. Poof. All of the whining instantly stops.

If I’m passively gaining rep while doing the content I actually want to do, it’s not an issue to me to do a rep grind.

4 Likes

You do know that this play we’re playing is called World of WARcraft, right?

I mean you can literally do wpvp while getting your world quests done, it is actually easy.

Alright, I see you are not understanding my point.

2 Likes

so wrong, not even funny

If more options for players to reach the same goal is dull then you sound like the type of dev Blizzard is looking for.

1 Like

This is an MMO. Don’t like grinding, play a different genre

1 Like

I checked mine, and have about 85% already done, just from doing the quests. I don’t even play that much anymore, unfortunately. I have no idea what the big deal is when you get it from playing the game.

1 Like

You say “playing the game” like questing is all there is. Some of us hate questing.

2 Likes

Questing is the mainstay of an MMORPG.

You do realize this is an RPG, right? RPG means Role Playing Game.

This game has other activities to do besides WAR.

There should be many different ways to unlock flight to support other peoples play styles instead of only one way. Let people play their way, how they enjoy the game.

5 Likes

Character progression is imo, in WoW there are many ways to progress your character, to achieve flight there isn’t. Just a mindless rep grind that you can only gain by world questing.

2 Likes

Molehill -> Mountain

I have every Reputation at Exalted on BOTH factions, and I didn’t even try hard.
You know what I did? I played the game as I would have.
The only Reputation I even grinded for was Honorbound, pre 8.1.

2 Likes

i havent flown in this game since they started the pathfinder.i just sit in town and que for bgs or a dungeon.it doesnt take long to go from a flight path to a world quest.

flying is over rated and its not worth all those hoops.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just don’t understand how people would be against letting you play your way to get rep, of all things. All they would need is a rep tabard. We used to have those, in case people have forgotten.

It’s not about trying hard or a time sink with the current setup. Yes, it’s easy. Yes, everyone should have Pathfinder Part I by now easily. The point is that it’s a chore to many, many people.

People don’t play games to have to log on and do chores. I would maybe be on board if Blizz/the faction quartermasters explained in any way how grinding out rep should relate to unlocking flying.

4 Likes

To your satisfaction.

3 Likes

It’s specifically an RPG about war. You can roleplay a pacifist in the middle of all the war activities. That’s fine if that’s your thing.

The game has set mechanics for certain things. The game has clear paths to obtain certain achievements. Flying is one of those achievements and they have the major playstyle of the game as the path to achieve this.

Everyone keeps saying that this game’s choices are: Play or Not Play.

Trying to make them create alternative paths for major achievements is not going to happen. Play the game as is or don’t play it. Nobody can make one game that makes everybody happy. If you want to process by growing vegetable and never kill anyhing, play Harvest Moon (I’ve done that when WoW lulls). There are other games out there for specific wants.

WoW is fine the way it is.

And people used to complain about the dungeon limit. They would queue for them all day and night if they could. Not a particularly healthy way to play - like our honor/BG rank grind back in classic. Excessive one-track gaming is not good for you.

1 Like

What’s wrong with how long they play a particular part of the game for rep, at least they are playing “the game” the way they enjoy to earn rep.

Dungeon limit was another form of gating progression.

3 Likes

One main reason for the re running of instance limit is for bots getting gold.

1 Like

obviously just another whiner who does not want to do the work for the reward. the name says it all

G eneral
E ducation
D iploma
p
r
i
e
s
t