8 rep grinds for flying

It’s not that players don’t want to play, it’s that they hate questing. It would be nice to aquire the rep in a way we enjoy playing the game.

Me as an example, I hate questing. World quest are just another form of questing. I leveled this toon through bgs mostly and did pathfinder very leisurely but hated every moment of it. It wasn’t fun, canceled my sub a couple times during the process due to boredom.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter how much or how little time it takes. Grinding rep to be able to fly is meaningless, boring, and only exists to provide inflated, lazily designed “content.”

It makes no sense why my character would need to do that when previously I could just buy it from the start of an xpac for gold. Why do the reps care if I fly or not and how does me getting rep with them help me to fly? Nobody knows. Makes no sense.

Also, good luck to someone who skipped this xpac or is a new player in 9.0. Like any of them are going to grind out 8 reps to fly in old content.

2 Likes

*heels There…fixed that for ya :+1:

Gotta hit those “play time” metrics.

Just keep all of that in mind when questioning gameplay development decisions.

They are no longer hiding that development with the players in mind is no longer important.

2 Likes

My way of playing the game is wpvp, battlegrounds and arena. None of those ways I enjoy playing the game offers me rep towards pathfinder.

1 Like

I already feel like we don’t have to play enough to keep up with everything. Right now I am only doing my raid 2 days a week, 3 islands, a couple m+ and some emissaries when I feel like it and that’s it. Maybe 10 hours at most.

and they never have, you wouldn’t have achieved flying in the olden days either because that costs gold and none of those activities earn much if any gold.

I always knew that, ever since they quit reporting sub counts but the thing is…I never really realized just how bad it had gotten until BFA. Granted Legion had all of the same mechanics regarding WQs, emissaries, and the rep grinds, but as others have pointed out previously, the artifact weapons and unique class halls and the various weapon appearances and color palettes (and by extension, the mage tower) and the unique legendaries served to distract us enough and give us the motivation and incentive to play the game and do the content…and on multiple characters to the point where very few of us CARED about the underhanded things the devs were doing because we were actually having FUN. This time around however, those elements that made the game fun to play or gave us decent rewards/incentives are gone and it’s plain for anyone to see that isn’t a die-hard fanboy that the devs don’t care about making the game fun to play…they just want to do everything they can to make every aspect of the game as tedious as possible and to take as long as possible through travel time or time gating things, RNG, etc. just to pad those MAU metrics. But of course this is because there are two teams of devs that make WoW expansions and the A team have made the better ones. Wrath, MoP, and Legion, so it’s no wonder that BFA turned out just as bad if not worse than WoD. Ion and the B team need to either follow the A team’s example on how to make the game FUN and exciting to play so that they don’t have to use all these asinine and tedious tactics to make people play longer, or they just need to be replaced…end of story

2 Likes

Back then I did gathering professions for gold which I enjoyed.

Back then offered more ways to earn gold towards flight than we have now to earn rep for flight.

4 Likes

Taking away features to add them back isn’t healthy nor fun in a mmorpg. They were supposed to bring players back into the game not make them stay away with more rep grinds.

Edit: it’s whining until they cut a element of the game you enjoy and play games to make you obtain it again.

4 Likes

None of those things distracted me, because they were over and dunzo pretty quick. All these 1 and done activities don’t seperate legion from bfa, bfa is just simply better

You enjoy picking flowers but you don’t enjoy killing monsters. Ok bro, you’re playing the wrong game. Might I suggest farmville.

If I could sit there and grind monsters for rep I would, I said I hate questing.

3 Likes

People play a game to relax and have fun, not to work.

4 Likes

I agree with the idea that they delay flying too long, but I have three alts with revered or high with all the current factions without even trying.

This tells me you enjoy world quest and questing in general, in that regard it must be nice to do something you enjoy that also gives you rep.

1 Like

Hey bro! You enjoy mindless slaughter, might I suggest call of duty? RPGs don’t seem to be your thing bro.

2 Likes

On old PvP servers by the way, picking flowers was sometimes a battle. Some of my flowers would be covered in blood from competition which for me made gathering professions fun.

2 Likes

No hes tryna heal the games hemorrhaging. :wink:

1 Like

Well the reputation isn’t tied to wpvp battlegrounds or arena. Honorbound is an exception but the other reputations are tied to the content. 3 you listed are not content.