8 rep grinds for flying

There’s something in this. We’re on World of Warcraft’s 8th expansion which means there’s a ton of content out there to do in the form of quests, dailies, story lines, dungeons, raids, transmog, crafting, gathering, etc. There’s also PvP, Mythic dungeons, Class Halls for those late to Legion, mount farming, achievements, etc.

Just because someone’s not terribly interested in BFA content in the form of WQ and Emissaries doesn’t mean that they aren’t playing the game.

I decided I wanted the 25 man version of the Firelands gear on this warrior so I went out to Hyjal and cleared the raid. I got pretty much all of the transmog I wanted for the set but my total take was 22 transmog items, 63 pieces of green or better gear, 2 pets, and 1,418g. All in about 36 minutes which includes 2 trips to empty bags at the entrance.

Afterwards, I checked my 120 monk and BFA WQ’s offered a total of 2,111g spread across all 6 zones and spread across each individual zone not in clusters. That would take much much longer to complete simply due to travel time. Travel time largely spent on a FP therefore not even playing the game, just waiting.

Now I grant you, you only get 1 shot at a raid per week per character, but you can farm lower level instances much faster with a better return per time spent. That ends up being very important to lots of players. Maximizing time spent.

5 Likes

It is truly sad how little of a life you have.

Too many people want flying and everything else literally handed to them. This expansion has been a nice middle ground. I don’t know how you could have been playing the game and not be revered with the necessary factions so far. As for the 8.2 ones, it will be far from BRUTAL. Save your whining for the things blizzard is ACTUALLY messing up.

It’s not truly about being lazy, although you are correct about extending content. It’s about participation metrics which can be used to justify development costs to bean counters interested solely in the best return for investors.

The more WQ you do the more Blizzard can point to how successful world content is during an expansion. The more players that complete the Diplomat achievement, the more Blizzard can claim that players love working for reputation.

1 Like

I would hardly say the Pathfinder system is handing anything to anyone. There is absolutely no reason at all to farm rep to be able to fly. It’s a chore. It’s boring. It’s not fun content. You feel no sense of accomplishment in doing it.

3 Likes

But in BC you did do the story you had to go from 60 to 70…Wrath you did the story as you couldn’t fly till 78…and Cata we got flying cause of zones like Deepholm and others…

It was sarcasm. It’s perfectly possible to complete the “leveling” experience while getting the Loremaster and Explorer achievements. And there’s nothing wrong with that. It just doesn’t take 12 months to accomplish. Diplomat is just adding meaningless chores. Getting reputation for the controlling faction in a zone? That would make sense in the narrative as working for permission to use their airspace. The rest is worthless.

2 Likes

Actually they did, and provided links to guides on how to complete them.

If you’re still working your way through the Horde and Alliance War Campaigns, don’t worry. We’ve put together a brief walkthrough below of what you need to do to complete it.

Exploration

Battle for Azeroth Explorer: Explore the regions of Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

You’ll need to complete the Battle for Azeroth Explorer achievement by visiting locations in Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

Reputations

Azerothian Diplomat: Reach Revered with all the reputations listed.

Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, you’ll want to reach Revered with specific factions to earn this achievement.

World Quests

Wide World of Quests: Complete 100 different World Quests in Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

War Campaign

If you haven’t started the War Campaign for your faction, don’t worry. We’ve put together a brief guide of what you need to do to earn the Ready for War achievement. You’ll also earn the reward of increased mount speed while in Kul Tiras and Zandalar when you’ve completed it.

I hope 2 days later someone pointed this blog out, but after 270 replies it’s hard to go through the whole thing,

Revered would be fine.

I love this, because = exactly.

as a kul tiran, you should try eating more carrots… =]

blizzard hasn’t cared about playstyles for several years now, your just figuring this out now?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

:frowning: I’m THICC, ok?!

1 Like

Gotta keep you logged into the game doing things you don’t enjoy rather then things you would rather be doing.

4 Likes

I did that while working 12 hours a day.

Our problem isn’t with Pathfinder itself…its the several month long wait for part 2 to drop. There is NO REASON for there to even BE a part 2 except just to piss us off by making us wait as long as possible before the expansion is over to give flying back to us

4 Likes

You don’t need exalted so it only should take you a week at most to reach that assuming you start on a new character. For everyone that has played the game this requirement is nothing. The only people that it will suck for are the new players that need to wait an extra week.

1 Like

i got exalted with the first 6 by basically just messing around. Are you even playing the game?

Yup it sucks for sure but it aint goin anywhere because the lawyer dug his heals in. The shrinking player base says the rep grinds are bad for business.

1 Like