8 rep grinds for flying

They have been terrible with Reputations in General since Warlords.

Mists of Pandaria Tillers was the best faction they ever did and anything after that has been utter trasah.

6 Likes

this…so much this.

I can deal with rep grind. I may not like a lot it but I can deal with it. If I have better tools.

Mentioned here or elsewhere I of own free will wanted goblin trikes and had no rep with bilge water. I got a tabard and fixed that. No gripes, no moans…hit some dungeons and worked it.

Its not the rep an issue to some people. Its the spoon feeding it. Argus only had so many quests to do. Walk every inch, at some point all the exclamation marks were gone. Then the daily tours. Once all say 12 WQ’s done (forget exact amount…less than 20 for sure I’d say) that was it.

The dungeon? Yeah it had rep. Not all that good imo. I am biased from my mob farming in older stuff. While after 10’s of runs (60+…I stopped counting at 60 as it was just depressing really) still no ginn-su…my farmers have mad rep for a few faction. From that one dungeon alone even lol.

2 Likes

Yes you will be able to! Pathfinder part one is bound to your account, rather than your character. Same thing along with Pathfinder part two.

2 Likes

Thing is I’ve never whined about class balance because I know it is impossible to do because everyone plays their class/spec from the next person.

The only way to make specs better is to give us all the tools we need and to make not just 1 or 2 talents meaningful but make them all meaningful. Also don’t divide talents among specs but give them all to the class/es they belong to.

We are our class as a whole and only our spec because we are forced to be.

1 Like

Hahahah another flying thread.

Let’s see here. We all know flying doesn’t actually unlock until X.2 patch. The devs said this years ago and keep having to reiterate to people like the OP I guess.

So, knowing this years in advance and when BfA launched, I was able to hit exalted with all the reps after about 1-1 1/2 months. All I did was do all the quests in each zone and then the emissaries along with the table. Didn’t do extra grinding or anything. So I am not sure why you are crying about this since we still aren’t at the .2 patch and if you haven’t gotten your rep done by now, then that is on you. If you are returning to the game this late, then that is your problem. Not Blizzards.

The rep “grind” for PF 2 is revered which you will likely get within weeks after .2 launch. Legion was the EXACT same. If this is too much for you then mmos in general aren’t likely for you.

You can tell the people who started in Cata (which is fine) because they think these reps today are some huge, grueling grind when Vanilla, BC, Wrath and MoP were actual grinds. If the grinds were like that, then we would never unlock flying.

2 Likes

Just be glad that they are keeping it so that flying is still account wide after one Character gets it.

They could have gone to a format of you want flying for all of your characters, each character has to do the achievements to get the flying. That is real rep grinding! Most people stop rep grinding on their characters after one character gets the stuff needed for the account wide flying.

I can’t even imagine the anger if they made it where every character you want to have flying, HAD to do all the rep and achievement grinds to get it!

I’m not even close on any of my 120’s. The rep grind feels so much worse than it has in any other PF expansion…I just cringe at the thought of logging in just to try and gain rep. I’m already 120. I’ve conquered the zones. Let me fly.

1 Like

This is the third expansion in a row where you have to rep grind and finish various achievements to get account-wide flying for an entire expansion so it’s nothing new and I’m not sure why people act so shocked.

Of course there were people complaining that you had to buy flying to begin with because a few hundred or thousand gold wasn’t exactly pocket change back in the day.

If you are playing all along in an expansion you will get flying within a few weeks or months of being it available – you only have to complete it on one toon. Of course if all you do is to que up as a twink in battlegrounds then yes it will be a serious grind to get flying – then again you don’t need flying to que up in battlegrounds.

2 Likes

with all these players crying about the “grind” for their precious flying, i can’t wait to see them after a month of classic. let’s see how many are still praising it then, lol.

2 Likes

Unless youre starting now, everyone should be there and ready for Pathfinder 2 work once its available. Heck, ive played 100% casual since returning and i have almost 3 characters that i could choose from to do my Pathfinder 2 requirements.

Whats your problem again?

1 Like

Not all of us wanna spend all our time doing every single WQ for every single rep faction every single day, especially considering the WQ don’t really give much in return. We wanna spend our time doing pvp, dungeons, raids, pet battles, farming transmog, or whatever that person likes doing. A lot of us want it like back in WOTLK where you just payed gold and you had flying, no rep needed. It was amazing then.

3 Likes

You don’t have to do every single world quest on the map. You only really have to do four every time the emissary is up. Does it take time? Yeah, but it’s like 15 minutes every few days.

1 Like

As long as you have ONE toon Exalted with all BFA reps, any toon can continue the 2 rep grind for 8.2 and receive credit for Pathfinder Part II.

For instance, my Fury Warrior is Exalted with all reps. When 8.2 is released, I’ll be starting off 8.2 with my BM Hunter. Even though my Warrior is “human” for that extra rep gains, I’m having more fun with my BM Hunter in BFA at the moment. Same goes with my Demo Lock. Fury Warrior just seems…off for the most part in BFA. Been had my Fury Warrior since 2009, so I know the ups and downs Fury went through and after Legion, Fury and Arms are just not “fun” anymore. WoWLogs don’t lie in respect to overall DPS specs. It’s kinda sad how my ilvl 379 BM Hunter was out DPS’ing a 385 Fury Warrior in BoD N yesterday. Shame.

#makeFURYgreatAgain

#bringbackSingleMindedFury
I want to wield two one handed swords again. Not two giant swords.

Idk leveling professions, treasure chest hunting? There are aspects on the game that exist beyond the questing bubble.

1 Like

I’ve probably got at least 5 paragon caches, with each one, by now. That is with no “grinding”, rather just doing the daily emissary, sometimes bothering with the incursion if it is up, doing rep on the mission board and bothering to do darkshore warfrontfor the 400.

So I hardly think it is “excessive.” It is the dead easiest part of pathfinder. I hate the dungeon/raid whatever parts (because they require other players), so I agree with your “flexibility” idea.

I don’t even consider “rep” a time gate, since I’m exalted to everything eons before you can get flying.

The issues for me is not that it takes time. Everyone who plays even extremely casually should have Part I done by now.

My issues are that there’s absolutely no logical in-game reason between getting rep and suddenly being able to fly. No connection at all.

There’s also no logical reason why we had to wait this long for them to unlock flying. 99% of the playerbase finished leveling months and months and months ago.

Also, it really sucks to have the carrot dangled in front of you of unlocked flying, but surprise! You now have another 3-4 weeks of grinding before you can get it. Pathfinder Part 2 should not exist.

2 Likes

Yeah it was months of farming to get the first epic flying mount but at least I had the slower flying mount at much less.After that I quested all those netherstorm quests and got at least 2500g on finishing.

1 Like

Pathfinder is all about wearing you down till there are so few bothering with it that they can just remove flight and there wont be enough of a stink to worry about it.
it was never about any lying ‘compromise’.

4 Likes

Flying used to be obtainable at level. Flying was also available through a book that could be purchased. There was never a rep requirement at all until Blizz got lazy and didn’t want to design the game for fun. Instead they stretched out as much as they could through forced repetition of horrid content.