8.3 Thread

Well there was that one time she took a shotgun blast to the head and that one time she took a swan dive off of Icecrown.

She knows what’s coming for her if she dies and isn’t brought back so her ultimate goal is to master death and not have to face her punishment.

for me she represents something new in story telling. every other game has the player as the hero who will win no matter what. So if there is a good guy faction and a bad guy faction for the players to join, then one of those factions must lose. And the risk of losing makes it so much more interesting

1 Like

The shotgun to the head wasn’t a consequence of her actions. That was Godfrey just wanting to kill Sylvanas so that be could take control of Gilneas, Silverpine, etc.

Also throwing herself off of ICC wasn’t a consequence, she chose to do that because she had no purpose anymore.

OOOOHHHHOHOHOHO. HOO. HAHA. HOO.

But yes, it is.

I want a long heartwarming drawn out legendary heroic redemption ark for sylvanas

I want all the major characters cheering and celebrating the redemption of sylvanas

And then at the peak of it a random farmer runs up and shoots her in the head and she explodes because ARBITRARY REDEMPTION IS BULLCRAP

4 Likes

Well as long as it’s a player faction, the risk of losing is an illusion, and the evilness is there to live out fantasies.

Redemption is one of the most lazy tiresome things in story telling.

Because often times it’s not even given a second thought.

Babypuncher the babyeater i the GENERIC HIGHER POWER / KING / HERO Hereby FORGIVE YOUR HEINOUS ACTIONS OF THE PAST as you have aided us in saving the world!

Joe Jimmyjam who’s babies were viciously consumed by Babypuncher the Babyeater an hour ago - “Hold up.”

2 Likes

Sometimes I hafta fact check my own religion. Frankly, I don’t think we’ve gotten the whole story over the centuries…whatever’s out there at the end of life’s journey is gonna be well beyond my ability to understand.

Hell, I still think wi-fi is sorcery.

2 Likes

Also at least christianity has the catch 22 where to be redeemed you need to be actually repentant.

2 Likes

true. usually cause the third faction has joined the battle

games in general are designed to live out fantasies, especially those that encourage role play

That’s true. I hope you get your totalitarian evil faction to live out your fantasies :slight_smile:

To me she definitely represents something new in storytelling — the blatant, transparent objectification by a corporate writer who wants her so badly that he inserts himself as her boyfriend, thus making everything she does an obvious expression of his own desires.

She wants to kill/imprison the tentacle monster in a dagger (phallic symbol) because of course she does.

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/HB76str.jpg

Goodbye have fun in heaven Sylvanas

1 Like

dude, don’t make it weird

I was sending you best wishes! :frowning: You want a authoritarian police state faction so you can roleplay genocide and carnage, you just said so.

I hope you get it! :smiley:

and erp.
lots of it

1 Like

ERP in a setting where people can’t escape. Good thing we didn’t make this weird :ok_hand:

Why are there no game’s that cater to my fantasy of being a smol fragile anime boy that is constantly being beaten up by a giant amazon lady

Someone remind me in five years, when I’m rich and successful and maybe not dead, to write a Freudian analysis of the Warcraft universe.