8.3 Thread

Your unwillingness to elaborate on anything is making me even more uncomfortable with your line of conversation.

if you ignore all the evil going on (secret police, genocide and displacement, murdering people born with some diseases, the weird nationalism to the point of suicide) its a swell place.

kinda like how the US is a swell place if you ignore the racism, the holding centers on our borders, mass shootings… etc.

forums are always quick to misread something. and feel free to stop communicating with me at any point

1 Like

I feel like you’re reading into statements too much and assuming that any person is advocating Hitler or downplaying the horrific atrocities he committed.

Literally no one is doing this.

4 Likes

No I didn’t misread it, it’s just a bit… awful. I don’t understand your point in saying it. Sylvanas is actually an okay person cuz if you ignore the carnage and genocide everyone is happy?

2 Likes

I mean…id join her faction and see where the story goes

Didn’t say that, and now you’re doing what you just accused me of doing. I’m just saying giving Hitler even a minute amount of credit for anything is in bad taste. Even saying “well he had Germany’s best interest at heart” is uncalled for, imo.

Not gonna apologize or backpedal on saying Hitler deserves no credit for anything positive.

2 Likes

No, I’m saying that’s how it was coming off to me, and I legitimately thank you for clearing up your stance. With zero sarcasm.

I’m saying he was doing what he felt like was in Germany’s best interest. Which happened to be entrenching his people in a massive war on like… three different fronts, sending them further into debt, earning the world’s hatred for a while, then bailing to let them pick up the pieces.

I’ll say he was an “okay” artist though.

Not to belabor the point, since I find RL history comparisons to a video game rather fruitless, but existing in the current climate should be proof that capitalizing on populist anger is not holding a society’s best interests at heart.

I really hate the real world comparisons usually because this is a fantasy world with magic, resurrection, and population numbers that fluctuate based on whatever is convenient for story. Redemption in fantasy is much easier to pull off than irl. I’m not on team “Redemption for Sylvanas!” or anything just that if they were going to do it, it would be much easier to pull off than thinking of a Hitler redemption story.

3 Likes

Yeah agreed. Hitler doesn’t need to get dragged into everything.

1 Like

Same but it just isn’t, we have Helya and Bwonsamdi and Bwonsamdi’s boss, so I kind of see them going that way to not toss the character.

Also, they’d think it was “tubular” and stuff hahahhaah

The problem with a Sylvanas Redemption is less moral (though the morals of it are atrocious) and more story-based.

If Sylvanas gets a redemption, then actions don’t matter. You can do whatever you want and there are no consequences because you can just get redeemed later.

I suspect people would point out that she’d have to do some stuff to earn that redemption, to which I’d ask what, feasibly, could someone do to redeem BfA?

8 Likes

It’s also hollow because she’s not a real character, most of them aren’t. They are all mere devices of: plot, game mechanics and merchandising.

Funny enough, Baine tosses out statements that read as the central dramatic argument of a script, yet they mean nothing because he also has really stunted arcs.

1 Like

She used to be. Those were nice times.

1 Like

The other problem is, why would a canonically evil psychopath ever want redemption?

2 Likes

I don’t think Sylvanas can be redeemed without it being corny. At best they could is if she believed Death is the only way to defeat the inevitable invasion of the void and that she wants to use their own creations(The old gods) against them and what she meant by “The Horde is nothing!” is actually “is nothing compared to what’s coming and you guys are short sighted for not siding with me.” but even then she’s still evil.

I don’t understand the obsession with redemption.
sylvanas doesn’t need it, nor would she want it. whats wrong with her story continuing as it is?

That’s okay, I don’t understand the obsession with Sylvanas.

And no, she doesn’t want it, of course she doesn’t. But given Blizzard’s track record, it’s unfortunately possible it’ll happen. Nobody would be happy about that, but it could happen.

1 Like

She doesn’t want redemption as she doesn’t care, she’s evil, but she will most likely get a “redemption”.

My guess is she will end up doing something to save everyone this “redeeming” herself, or we will find out that everything she’s done has been part of her 17D chess game she’s playing for the greater good, hence her being “redeemed”. Both of those options suck. Frankly her becoming some avatar of Death would suck too.

I just want to see Sylvanas to pay for her actions for freaking once in her life. It irks me that she gets to be mustache twirling evil and commit horrible deeds and then just get away with it.

1 Like

I hate to be the guy to ask this, but…

…isn’t that the basis of Christianity?

1 Like