8.3 Thread

So, now theres undead night elves sticking with the horde even after sylvanas left them.

Some are speculating an undead night elf allied race, which…

…ok, disclaimer: I don’t personally want high elves on the alliance. But the reasons given for not putting high elves on the alliance were

1. theres too few high elves remaining (an excuse which the void elves makes nonsensical)

2. they’re too similar in appearance or silhouette to a race on the opposite faction

The second one is now also made into nonsense in the hypothetical case where playable undead night elves are a thing.

1 Like

They should just make it a customization option in the actual Forsaken select

They certainly act like they were forsaken, despite tyrande begging for them to come back

2 Likes

Something something, Tyrande said it in the heat of the moment but really thinks they need to come back and be rekilled to purify themselves for the afterlife, something

I don’t know, it makes as much sense as the rest of the writing this expac

1 Like

While fighting the literal, living incarnation of Elune’s vengeance, too.

2 Likes

night elves, including tyrande: elune abandoned us!!!

elune, having given tyrande the vaguely defined but supposedly incredibly powerful status of night warrior in order to avenge her people: ok

3 Likes

Elune: Okay, I turned your spiritual leader into an instrument of my vengeance, so write that down

1 Like

Let your ppl die to create a questionable super soldier bent on vengeance

Or

Save your ppl and not let them die.

Yea, why are the dead nelves mad again?

4 Likes

I mean it was Sylvanas’ fault but Elune did seem to kinda… just screw them over.

1 Like

I’m STILL thinking about this. I can’t stop thinking about this and I barely play my nelf.

What was the point, narratively, in doing this? Where is it going?

1 Like

This logic doesn’t track because way worse things have happened to the night elves and Elune did basically nothing extraordinary, and apart from being somewhat depressed about it, the night elves really just took it on the chin.

Remember when demons rained from the sky so hard they had to blow up their favorite tree and condemn themselves to slow but inevitable death?

Or when the Horde ransacked their lands and killed their god?

Or when the Horde ransacked their lands and…well, ransacked their lands?

Or when the whole world blew up?

Or when they had to fight a giant war against bug monsters?

Or satyrs?

Or those same demons invaded again and we lost the fight against them?

It would make way more sense if we got “Elune has abandoned us” all those times too. But to my knowledge, we didn’t. No night elves switched to Horde and started chopping lumber because Cenarius died.

5 Likes

I remember teldrassil burning, and instead of helping, elune puts everyone to sleep…to burn peacefully. Not exactly a god i can rally behind.

She also did a thing with saur[quote=“Ursuola-wyrmrest-accord, post:797, topic:320108”]
If the dead night elves have this expectation for Elune to do something she’s never demonstrated the ability to do
[/quote]

Now theyre realizing theres no point to elune

3 Likes

to clarify my point i don’t think elune ever really reaches out and does huge things. the only times i can remember elune actually affecting the real world is the whole ysera business, and now this night warrior stuff, but otherwise she seems like a dnd deity in that she’s very hands off beyond granting power and relies on her mortal faithful to use the power she grants to do her work on azeroth

and tyrande, the high priestess, left darkshore to save malfurion, so that’s not exactly elune’s fault but maybe they do have a point

3 Likes

Presumably if Elune could just appear out of thin air and tell Sylvanas “you stop that right now,” she would have done that…ever.

If the dead night elves have this expectation for Elune to do something she’s never demonstrated the ability to do, then that’s their problem, I guess.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure in one of the WoW novels or short stories that came out alongside BfA, it was actually implied that Elune had some kind of hand in Saurfang’s hesitation to kill Malfurion.

Which, honestly, is even worse than Elune being useless, because if she is able to directly influence people who don’t even worship her, that’s really just soft-served mind control and causes the entire narrative to crumble under the weight of now constantly needing to ask why Elune doesn’t just do that all the time.

There just aren’t any rules at that point.

5 Likes

i think that was literally tyrande getting ready to shank the zug zug out of saurfang

Night Elves: Elune abandoned us in our time of need!

Draenei: That’s cute.
Velen: Hey, did I ever tell you guys about the time I discovered my prophetic visions granted by the Light was actually direct manipulation of my decision making process by those entities we venerated as living embodiments of all that is Right and Just?

5 Likes

Squeeeeeee

Do we know what the DKs are up to in 8.3? :open_mouth:

Idk but it’s worth noticing the fire themes on those weapons :thinking:

1 Like