8.3 Thread

Any blizzard related link is trusted because who wouldn’t trust a website from this company :^)

5 Likes

I’m excited for new DK stuff, they are one of my favorite classes and I love their story. I’m curious to see if they will be given a new intro quest and they just start in SW/ORG without going through the whole starting zone or if they will get a starting zone of their own.

Also I’m not sure how I feel about LF Draenei and Void Elf Death Knights… I would think both the Light and Void would prevent them from being raised.

Nah, even back in the day and such this could still happen. In Cata they were going to raise a devoted light follower Gidwin as a DK. And before that one of the Four Horsemen could wield the light even before that. There is also lightforged undead too. So the light doesn’t prevent raising.

As for the Void? Eh I dunno. They seem to be at odds with one another. With Death seemingly as the “enemy of all” including the void. But given Sylvanas’s plot to raise N’Zoth as a servant of Death and what we’ve seen with the Light, the Void beings can probably be raised too. So I would say it’s at least fairly plausible.

I mean I would make the argument that Lightforged Draenei are not the same as Light wielders and followers of the Light. The LFD are literally changed by the Light and infused with it, it’s a bit different than someone just wielding the Light and following it.

Just my two cents, seems like the Light and undeath wouldn’t mix, same with the Void.

I’m sure if they make it happen it’ll be with some fridge horror about how they’re the most insane because they’re in constant pain as their bodies attempt to tear themselves apart at a molecular level.

Draenei gotta suffer unreasonably, after all.

I guess it is sorta like Worgen DKs? Worgen are basically infused with Druidic magic, but they can also be zombies if they feel like it.

I guess that makes sense. I mean only strong death magic, like the Lich King, can raise Worgen into undeath. Maybe it’s the same with LF Draenei and Void Elves.

Well like I said Lightforged undead are a thing. The Light also might have made a bargain with the enemy of all. I know that’s an old god type line but it might be a way they could be raised? Also what Miko said. Sylvanas kinda implied void stuff can be raised into undeath too. She could be wrong, but she might not be either.

This is only the case until the plot needs it to be something else.

No reason the Pandaren couldn’t just have found the Book of Plot Convenience and learned how to become Death Knights from that.

Tbh it’s a nice way to let DK mains finally play Allied Races?

I’m curious the unique skin and hair textures Allied Race DKs would get. I suspect some may just share existing skin and hair textures some of the core races have but I’m super curious what a Pandaren would look like as a DK. Will they have some neat off colour fur texture and also NPCs!

DK NPCs all have unique dialog so I wonder what a Lightforged or a Pandaren DK will sound like when poked.

1 Like

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=87616/gravewalker-gie

Next thing you know, Void Elf and Nightborne Demon Hunters will be a thing.

“I’ve sacrificed everything twice over, what have you given?!”

2 Likes

I feel this and cata were retcons of what Forsaken were. They’ve always been evil, but it had a mature feel to it. A point was made repeatedly about how detached they were from their former lives, that they cant really feel -positive- emotions, instead feeding into the darker side.

They also spent 4 years between wc3 and vanilla being hunted by all kinds of humans and alliance races even after sending messengers to the alliance for help. Then another 11 years of on and off warfare against big bads and the alliance with not even a hint of peace.

idk, on one hand I like the wider range of emotions, but I also feel like it came at the cost of betraying whats been established

1 Like

So part of the newest prophecy is

When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.

Not sure if anyone realized this one yet, but this is clearly referencing Sylvanas and her Val’kyr, of which she has nine. Just my thoughts before passing out in bed.

She had nine. She only has 3 now?

1 replaced Sylvanas after she committed suicide. (8)

3 replaced Sylvanas in the afterlife after Godfrey blew her head off. (5)

1 was killed in Andorhal (spelling?). (4)

1 was killed by Tyrande in Darkshore. (3)

Did I miss any?

On the subject of DK assets for allied races, that’s cool. But Imma wait till I can roll an orc demon hunter. Madarak the Clanless MUST BE BORNEDED!

Well, that is if I stay subbed till that point.

2 Likes

Same, but Draenei :smiling_imp:

C’mon Blizz, you’re gonna give me those thirsty as hell leather armor reskins and NOT let me use them with the best race? Shame

1 Like

I just want to be a Pandaren Warlock.

Speaking of DK assets. How come we the players cannot get the cool boots that the Knights of the Ebon Blade wear in the Legion Archerus? It’s a different kind of boot for the Saronite set, it actually looks like plate boots instead of the ones we get for the set.

This is a random side question, but now that N’Zoth is free, is he just a giant freaking Kraken like squid swimming around the ocean?

If so that’s creepy as hell.