8.3 Thread

We needed one, and I haven’t gotten to do one of these yet >:(

It begins.

6 Likes

glorious 12 minute fully rendered cinematic of just saurfang lying there dead incoming

26 Likes

Patch 8.2: The Return of N’zoth (after he had to run out and get some cigarettes real quick, it’s just down the street and he’ll be right back in five minutes I swear, just hang tight!)

6 Likes

patch 8.3: how will danusers fetish impact the narrative this time

14 Likes

so are Warfronts just done as a feature with the end of the war or do you think they’ll re-work them as some kinda neutral scenario?

I kinda want more zone revamps and cool armor sets.

2 Likes

I imagine that they’ll probably reuse the framework for them going forward, in the same way that you can squint really hard and see the line going from MoP’s scenarios to island expeditions.

I would love to see more of a defense-oriented variant.

1 Like

8.3: Eitrigg retires on the grounds of ‘I am the old orc in the room ergo I refuse to be the next Horde hero to die to advance the story’.

16 Likes

Off to join Drek’thar at the Zug Acres retirement community

5 Likes

I love Eitrigg’s “the past is the past” line to those who stayed loyal to DEATH.

Yeah sure, I just tried to kill you less than 10 minutes ago but I’m definitely trustworthy now.

Oh, this “how to shoot arrows for Rogues planning to become Dark Rangers” book? Not mine, no idea how it got into my Gnomehide purse.

2 Likes

They really wrote themselves into so many corners here. Characters are making inexplicably stupid and insane choices just to keep the story moving.

And I mean from this point, I get that they don’t have a choice. But why did they let it get this far? Why did they let you make a choice to side with Sylvanas when it ultimately cant lead anywhere?

13 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a hardcore enough MMO. Back in the day I always wished you’d actually sacrifice a character to make a DK.

If it were a different type of game, I could see siding with her and getting converted to a dark ranger or whatever. That’s never happening.

In reality, siding with her provides nothing except luls at the story.

8 Likes

Even during the quests, siding with her made no sense. Instead of sabotaging the missions, you just…go right along with them, let her opposition free her prisoners, and then tell Nathanos. He then pats you on the head for standing around with your thumb up your butt instead of thwarting the enemy.

6 Likes

It would have made sense if it was all a trap for the rebels. But then she appears genuinely surprised by them winning.

So… why did she let it get that far? Unless Nathanos was secretly plotting against her. But I seriously doubt it.

4 Likes

I really don’t know what they’re going to do with 8.3, I am kinda assuming at this point it will be more meant to ease us into the new expansion’s story… at least that is my hope.

4 Likes

I feel like it’ll go two ways:

Despite the super obviously growing threat from N’zoth, the Alliance and Horde get tunnel vision and unite to hunt down Sylvannas. We never find out Sylvannas’s plan, she simply whispers to us, “all according to keikaku.

The other route is the Alliance and Horde unite to fight N’zoth and we lose a lot and just in the final moment Sylvanas appears and defeats him with the spooky knives while yelling ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU.

Either way it leads to the next expansion which I can only assume is Shadowlands or Old Gods related idk

10 Likes

Kind of what I’m guessing. They’ll focus on something heavily related to the main threat of the next expansion.

the abruptness in how they ended the war leaves so many open threads that it makes my head spin

gameplay wise, why are we able to turn war mode on if the war is over? why are faction assaults still happening? why are tremblade and the troll still giving out pvp quests? why is the alliance still camped out in xibala? why is warfang hold still accessible, especially given that the alliance knows about it??

story wise, whats going on with warfronts? who owns arathi and darkshore? has the horde moved into ashenvale, and the alliance into lordaeron? are people still participating in pvp heroes or extremist vigilantes? what about reparations, or rebuilding efforts, or even just the horde showing any friggin regret for starting another world war?

whats going on with the night elf dark rangers? did they follow sylvia and leave or are they still part of the horde? what about the dark rangers in general?

the fact that it just ended with saurfang getting bodied and whoops, sylvias gone, wars over! is so utterly wild that it reads like someone making fun of WoW instead of something that actually happened

10 Likes

My spicy hot prediction for 8.3: the story will continue to be bad.

19 Likes

They just let her ghost away, I can’t get over that. I’m furious where they took this entire thing and I STILL can’t get over everyone watching her turn into mist and fly away.

10 Likes

All I can say about 8.3 is that I don’t even know if I could stomach an 8.3.

I know I was feeling fairly similar just before 7.3 after the broken shore felt like a garbage mess, but at least it actively went somewhere and did something. 8.2 just felt like wasting people’s time until 8.3 and I only just started that grind. In theory more content is better but with Blizzard’s record how much could 8.3 possibly do?

3 Likes