8.3 Story Discussion (SPOILERS, Y'ALL)

look we all know that Ji Firepaw does not deserve a vote on the council on account of being a big doofus

1 Like

Sorry i missed this part but

dear satan,

you know i don’t ask for much and this is twice in one night now but please just delete world of warcraft

Who? -Tyrande

Woohoo! Queen Calia within the Horde! YES! Time to have the Forsaken NOT being entirely evil all the time.

BRB going to make a Pandaren hate brigade IC and OOC because they’ve never done anything to justify being part of the Horde.

This is a joke, by the way.

2 Likes

This isn’t an audition, you can tone it down, John Malcovich.

Overlord Gey’arah: The Mag’har have never known life without a warchief. It will be hard for them–and for me. But it seems your people have lost a queen as well.
Lilian Voss: The Forsaken are torn by turmoil and doubt. Many still love Sylvanas, even after all she has done. Others believe their home remains in the Horde.
Overlord Geya’rah: And you? Where do your loyalties lie?
Lilian Voss:Where they always have–with the Forsaken. To be raised into undeath is to be forever haunted by the ghosts of your past. A caring hand can offer comfort through the pain.
Overlord Geya’rah: I see no crown upon your head. Are you the new queen they seek?
Lilian Voss:No. I’ll speak on my people’s behalf, but I won’t rule them. There is another I believe will prove better suited to that task… when the time is right.
Overlord Geya’rah: The love you hold for your people burns as bright as my own for the Mag’har. I wish you good fortune, Lilian Voss.

pour this garbage directly down my throat, my tastebuds are nearly gone

e: oh my god I just realized that they’re finally going to have a Menethil marry a Proudmoore and I hate it

2 Likes
6 Likes

Blizzard: Here’s patch 8.3

WrA Forums: https://youtu.be/37XeFwHi3mU?t=9

3 Likes

I think she came to accept and care for the people LIKE her, as in the Forsaken RACE, not so much the Forsaken political organisation?

I WTFed too tho

geya’rah when we first meet her: i’m going to kill all the draenei and anyone who isn’t loyal to sylvanas thud and blunder!!

geya’rah now after literally no character development: your loving love for your people who you love burns as bright and as pure as the sun

6 Likes

That’s a fair assessment but considering how BfA made her character totally pivot from “I hate any and all necromancers and want to hunt them and their raised abominations down” to “Yeah, being Forsaken isn’t great but I guess I’ll hang out and guide new ones” just gives me narrative whiplash.

It honestly makes me more enraged that they off’d Thomas Zelling, since he’d be a better candidate for Forsaken council speaker, despite being so new.

5 Likes

Yeah BfA just plopped characters where Blizzard needed them to do cool stuff, and disregarded any and all previous lore lol

Same with Rexxar and the like.

1 Like

Never forget that Jaina must be stopped, she has killed too many.

wait nevermind we’re cool

His reasoning made sense for him specifically, in regards to Jaina. He offed her pops, and knew she was swiggity swooty, comin’ for his booty.

He was just trying to get her before he got his.

ah being the good guys has it’s perks

Jaina Proudmoore.

She once made a choice to spare us from her father’s tyranny. I respected that decision, and how difficult it was.

But she could not forgive what Hellscream did to Theramore. She turned her hatred against all the Horde.

She went too far. Killed too many. Her quest for vengeance must be ended.

I’m trying to stay lighthearted because I’ve been maining night elves and Forsaken since I started playing WoW. I’ve led guilds and events based on that lore and i just

It sucks. A lot. All the lore I liked has been tossed in the wood chipper, to be swept into a nice neat pile to be lit on fire.

1 Like

I don’t think they’re at odds. It’s Gey’arah’s love of her people that cause her to hate the Draenei so much, after all they suffered at Lightbound Draenei hands.

And she freely admits she was wrong about Sylvanas in 8.2.5. There was development there.

I love that they did it, but I get where you’re coming from in that it happened way too quickly and too abruptly.

This is what happens to our race though, when Blizzard literally only ever developed Sylvanas and Nathanos UNTIL BFA. The other Forsaken have had pretty much no story relevance whatsoever, and so there’s asspulls everywhere to get someone remotely relevant now that Nathanos and Sylvanas both abandoned their people. >.>

1 Like

Well I’m a pandaren and I don’t even have lore, and you don’t see me doing Shakespearean acting over it >:(