8.3 Story Discussion (SPOILERS, Y'ALL)

Nathanos is literally like

You know when you’re playing DnD and the DM has to insert his character “for the plot” into the story and it ends up being DM character and his marry band of background characters

And it’s just not fun for anyone except the dumb DM

2 Likes

Anyway, here are my good and nice story prophecies.

1. The worgen Heritage Armor scenario will end with them “killing their rage” and letting go of their grief + anger over the Forsaken invasion of Gilneas.
  2. We will use all the Azerite we’ve collected to hold back the destructive power of the reactivated Forge of Origination, depowering our fancy necklaces in the process.
  3. We’ll inadvertently save Azshara during the Ny’alotha raid, which will lead to her having a change of heart down the road and she’ll eventually reappear as an ally.
  4. Nathanos, Sylvanas, and Gallywix will go on to form an evil triumvirate of evil in the next expac and we’ll fight them or whatever.

9.0 will feature a world revamp (due to the energies of the Forge), a level squish (also due to the Forge), and a mostly unified Horde and Alliance so we can group up cross-faction.

Tyrande will be evil, but, like, tragic evil. Her death will pave the way for Illidan’s return as a full on villain several expacs later.

2 Likes

azshara planned to kill n’zoth once he was freed and we stopped her.

who saw this coming.

We goblins call this “backing the wrong horse.” Not gonna lie - we definitely got the upside on heritage armor…but when you already play the best race in the game, yer used to havin’ it good. :smiley:

1 Like

Both the worgen and goblin Heritage Armors kinda suck, but the goblin armor definitely sucks less.

Sez you, mailbox head! You just mad that human heritage armor was dished out in Stromgarde warfronts. :smiley:

So we can all just agree that they’ve obviously pulled every single artist from the BfA team to start working on 9.0, right? Because they’ve been absolutely killing it lately, and this looks like they just randomly phoned it in.

Anduin: The armistice is signed. At long last, the Fourth War is over.
Tyrande: No. Not while the Black Moon still cries out for vengeance. Not until the Horde has answered for its treachery.
Anduin: Further bloodshed will not bring back the fallen. We must renew our hope and forge a future for those who survived.
Tyrande: And when the next warchief musters an army, will hope save you if it is Stormwind that burns?
Anduin: I know it’s difficult to trust, but there are signs of change within the Horde. In place of a warchief, there is now a council led by Baine, Thrall, and the others. I believe they can–
Tyrande: Your faith is naive, lion son. I will sign no treaty unless it is written in the Banshee’s blood!
Anduin: Tyrande!
Genn: There is truth in her words, Anduin. Peace may be on the table today, but soon enough the Horde will sound their drums and march for war.
Genn: When that day comes, no scrap of parchment will hold them back.
Anduin: The path to peace will not be easy, and not all will choose to walk it. But this is the only way to build a better future. I believe it will work, Genn.`

`Shandris: You spoke harshly to King Anduin, Tyrande. The kaldorei can ill afford to shun the Alliance. They have provided aid and comfort to us in these dark times.
Tyrande: The young king is foolish to trust our enemies. Harsh words should be the least of his fears.
Shandris: The Banshee Queen no longer leads the Horde. Those who do seem more inclined toward peace than war.
Tyrande: If the wolf is rabid, it matters not who rides it. Sooner or later, the beast will bare its fangs.
Shandris: You are dearest to my heart, Tyrande. I beg you, let go of the Black Moon’s rage and embrace the mother’s light once again. I could not bear to lose you to darkness.
Tyrande: Know this. My hunger for vengeance will not be sated so long as Sylvanas Windrunner remains free–and until I know why Elune abandoned her children.
Shandris: Tyrande! Do not say such–
Tyrande: I will tarry no longer in this city of men. Let us leave for the boughs of Nordrassil.
Tyrande: From there we will dispatch the Sentinels to every corner of Azeroth. Let no one rest until the Banshee is found!

1 Like

It was a bit bonkers to me that they kinda wasted Azshara as a mid-tier raid boss, only to bring her back with N’zoth a big-patch later.

But then also “At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.” is head tap meme

oh my god it’s happening

https://i.imgur.com/OYUzvky.png

just going to sit back and let the warm waves of this wash over me as I silently scream into the void

I’m kind of confused about why Tyrande’s “warmongering” boils down to “i want to kill sylvanas”. Like, so does half the Horde, I don’t think they’re going to be mad if she succeeds.

2 Likes

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

1 Like

i saw all this coming and yet i still want to scream

Anduin: I know it’s difficult to trust, but there are signs of change within the Horde. In place of a warchief, there is now a council led by Baine, Thrall, and the others. I believe they can–

:eyes:

3 Likes

< Calia has behaved with honor at every step, in spite of the horrible betrayal she faced at the hands of Sylvanas.

Lilian’s machinations are becoming clearer. >

e:

Azshara: We have a bargain, then. I will bring both fleets crashing to the ocean floor, and your champion will deliver the dagger to me.
Sylvanas: And in turn, you will have the key required to free the Old God from his bonds… and leave him vulnerable.
Azshara: You wound me, Warchief. After all, I am as dedicated to my master as you are to your subjects.
Sylvanas: Indeed. Just be certain that once you have what you need, you dispose of your guests. Let none of the “heroes” escape.
Azshara: I admire your ruthlessness, Windrunner. It seems our interests are aligned… at present.
Sylvanas: At present.
Azshara: Treacherous Banshee! Do you think I am blind to the darkness you seek to unleash?

i’m trying to keep the op updated with major story beats, but with So Much Happening it’s getting a little unruly so tomorrow i’m gonna try to organize things

are lilian’s machinations becoming clearer because i am still confused

machinations becoming clearer confirmed for a new message on lillians warning sign toy

lilian voss seeks to free herself of the demonic contract that is the source of her power along with the curse of the chain veil

no wait hold on

2 Likes

Calia: “I shall now take my rightful place as Queen of Lordaeron”

random zombie in the back: “we don’t even live there anymore”

6 Likes