8.3 & essences.. will you play?

Learn some self restraint and you’ll be fine. I think it’ll bring in some people that left to check it out and the raid is structured with more interest to farming it now - they’ve changed a lot of things at it’s core. Alts will still be unhappy but it’s not that hard to do any of it to catch up, you just have to realize that unless you are doing mythic, hardcore progression or WF stuff, you don’t need BiS essences, you’ll be fine without them.

It’s what you say, it’s true and getting there’s is like a couple of weeks after that to get three.

Though given there’s more of a grind to come I’ll personally only work on two characters this time. Feeling lazy.

Legendary Cloak …? Hmmm… weird, they’ve already had a whole solid expansion based around a Legendary item that was a cape

2 Likes

what legendary cloak grind? going back in time to Pandaria?!

1 Like

Don’t stress they way things are going it will soon be Kill a Mob get a level. leveling will be irrelevant.

1 Like

this one in 8.3

1 Like

With how wildly successful BFA is, why wouldn’t they continue to make it grindier and more alt un-friendly with each patch?

I’m perplexed that they realized the problem in Legion and started dialing it back over the next big patches but have doubled down on it in BFA.

12 Likes

I only ever really play one character anyways, and only play others when im bored. So I dont have any issues with the patch or grinding in general and will continue playing as usual.

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s time for a new game, one that you can have fun in.

1 Like

Yea i only really play 1 char. I have an alt monk ive put maybe 10 hours into now that has a few rank 2’s and some rank ones. I can’t be bothered to play multiple characters. I haven’t for years.

I guess I am bad I never cared if I got the essences or not

If you play really casually and are only doing world quests and some heroic/mythic dungeons/lfr; they don’t matter at all.

yes thats me I guess its why I didnt care. Its cool to get them and I do slowly.

Same here. I run some M+ and that’s all I have time for nowadays. I could care less about essences because of that. Hehe

1 Like

If you do the intro for Nazjatar it gives you memory of lucid dreams rank 1 essence. Doing the intro quest for the heart in heart chamber gives you crucible of flame rank 1 also. If you also do 3 mythic islands you can get rank 1 worldvein (I can run you through these if you need a hand).

3 Likes

4 or 5 fall into your lap just playing the game right.

Its pretty easy on alts if you arent hyper focused on the honor, rep, or body guard ones.

But 99% of posters are CE players of ciurse so that 3% difference ia life or death.

5 Likes

OP what content are you looking to do? The grind is already pretty easy add onto this theyre cutting the grind in half for a chunk of popular essences.

People complaining about essences are mostly people wanting / thinking they need rank 3 to do world quests. Hint: you dont, if that wasnt obvious.

i’m going to pass on 8.3. take a little extended break.

4 Likes

Nope. Not gonna play when 8.3 is full of bad systems that are just getting deleted in 9.0 anyway. Maybe if it was a permanent addition to the game I’d work on it in preparation for next expansion, but not like this.

3 Likes

So many World First racers here, or 3000 Raider IO people. Without the achievements of course.

You don’t need Rank 3s to play alts, you get essences by playing alts. Getting 3 essences is easy, especially the rank 1s that just fall into your lap. 4 Heroic Islands, 6 Follower quests, winning 1 BG/Epic BG/PvP Island, literally a free one from speaking to Magni, Timing 1 Mythic +4, Doing Mechagon Once, etc…

1 Like