8.3 Changes

So I really hope Blizzard does some sort of PVP balancing after releasing the PVE changes, it has been neglected far too long. Worst part is they are further buffing classes that need to be nerfed, and further nerfing classes that need to be helped. I have a bad feeling they will just do nothing as usual. I luled when I saw the upcoming changes, For PVE cool dont care honestly, some ppl do so no problem, but for the love of god do some pvp balancing.

I in particular care for those which I dont thing are any good for PVP as priests are already bottom of the pack in 3s.

Discipline

*Schism now increases damage done from Priest spells and abilities only.

• Developers’ notes: This is intended to be consistent with other class cooldowns.

*Atonement healing reduced to 50% (was 55%).

• Mastery: effectiveness increased by 12%.
    • Developers’ notes: Discipline’s ability to contribute both damage and healing is slightly too high for what one character can bring to a group composition. At the same time, we’re making their Mastery stat slightly more attractive.

To my knowledge the Schism change is a nerf, it was incorrectly buffing the damage to spells/trinkets that it wasn’t supposed to work on. Items like Harbringers, and essences, were receiving bonus damage. Correct me if I’m wrong?

3 Likes

Pretty sure you’re spot on.

2 Likes

The schism change is a massive nerf to disc priest, an the reason is because schism cyclonic in pve is to strong and schism cruc of flame is insanely bursty in pvp.

2 Likes

But it was still intended to be priest abilities first and foremost, it’s mostly a fix more than anything. Now call it nerf if you will but it’s essentially like all mastery increasing a type of damage it only works for you abilities

And I do agree that we need to see a pvp tuning because it’s stupid as hell.

I don’t think ww needed a 25% on rising sun kick, they’re doing enough damage as is.

They’re just looking at worst dps in raid and buff that, they don’t care at all about pvp

Not all fixes are nerfs, but all nerfs are fixes. Schism was never intended to buff Cyclotronic Thingywhatever, but it did, and many of abilities like this. It lead to discos easily topping BG leaderboards and bursting like a DPS everywhere else. So yes, disc could use a /little/ bit of help in some areas, but i wouldn’t look at this as nerfing a class that needed a buff. Its more of just bringing a mechanic of it back to the baseline of other classes.

again, disc is no where as bad as people make it out to be but carry on sis