8.3 broadcast text for raid

Well it was a deal between azshara and sylvanas aginst nzoth so the void hatting Sylvanas isnt really an issue as she isnt dealing with them as azshara was not loyal.

Not sure if I’m misreading you there but Azshara makes it fairly clear had we not meddled and pulled off the victory against her she was going to use the dagger to stop Nzoth, so she was being true to the deal with Slyvanas even if for the personal reasons of getting her freedom back.

Not to mention when somebody is showing/telling you a vision of how something happened you have to consider if the source has a reason to be telling a slanted version of the events for their own agenda. We know flat out the Void considers Slyvanas a force for their true enemy, so trying to send the heroes to deal with her in the event of his defeat makes sense.

We also need to keep in mind while Cthun is likely dead, and the true source of the planet nearly dying during this expansion, thanks to Sargeras, Yog Saron is still not gone gone, merely being forced into dormancy in his prison ( though the Infinites did warp time around the prison in the order of thousands of years). Thus Nzoth still has the big picture to look at and embrace the possibilities that stem from his defeat, meaning deal with things that could stop Yog Saron when he heals and has another shot.

4 Likes

I am saying there is no reason azshara wouldn’t make as deal with sylvanas and it actully explains some things so is likely accurate. Azshara isnt exactly loysl to the void so she wouldnt have the same kill it reaction to sylvanas given she is betraying nzoth already. This is a vision of the past the set up for the naga area.

Ooooh baby there is some neat stuff here!

Wrathion is back, settling comfortably into his old role, with a little youthful poutiness at our lack of trust in him. Maybe stick around for a couple expansions, buddy! You worry us. Also holy wow his boss model is NEAT! Make that a mount drop!

Azshara was a noble-ish noblefish all along! How could I have ever doubted her? Gosh I hope she lives. A freed, independent Azshara would make some real waves in the story. A big splash, even.

Aww heckles, I knew our good buddy Ra-den was back, but I didn’t know how instrumental he and the Pandaria would end up being! Gosh, it’s pure wish fulfillment, combining Uldum and Nalak’sha for like, a super awesome laser finale. I love when elements from different expansions weave together like this. N’zoth’s end is going to be the culmination of years worth of storytelling!

The War Campaign and faction stuff was certainly exciting and dramatic, and I enjoyed following along with and speculating about it, but this. This stuff! This is what I LIVE FOR in this series. This is pure, unfiltered fantasy! Combining the power of two ancient, high-tech facilities, using the wisdom of an ancient sapient computer from a third facility, to annihilate a long-imprisoned eldritch god in his very own maddening plane of existence. What a concept! What a thrill!

Highlight of my day! <3

20 Likes

I’m so glad they’re reminding everyone that “Pandaland” is actually South Ulduar. Guess everyone forgot about the raids.

2 Likes

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ODYN ISNT LIKABLE. Man all you non warriors are so lame.

1 Like

That’s like the subheading of the entire game.

World of Warcraft: Killing off characters you actually like.

8 Likes

Wdym, I MAINED Warrior in Legion. Heck she’s still my main, I just post on this guy cuz people don’t seem to take Orc Warriors seriously anymore.

While every other class got to buddy up with familiar faces like Chen, Liadrin, Nazgrim, the Black Harvest, Rexxar, Garona, and others, Warriors get stuck in some isolated titan complex with a bunch of random Vrykul and titan keepers led by an unlikeable jerk, all of whom we’ve had very little to no prior interaction with. We don’t get any of the numerous warrior characters in both factions’ rosters like Muradin, Saurfang, Thura, Danath, Ariok, Baine who could all use development.

Like, why couldn’t we get some secret Azerothian warrior organization ran by elder warriors like Eitrigg, Saurfang, Muradin, and Danath. The one order that could’ve been a more Horde-leaning aesthetic compared to the numerous Alliance-based places like Lights Hope, Netherlight, Dalaran, Trueshot, while everything else is neutral.

It’s a missed opportunity to introduce meaningful characters to the story (cough Thura cough) or give characters who desperately need more credibility such as Baine. It’s just a massive missed opportunity only to get characters we’ll likely never hear from again; Dvalen, Finna, Ragnvald, Svergan, ect. The chances of ever seeing these characters again is incredibly slim. It’s simply a waste overall.

1 Like

Unfortunately it made it seem like they have a very narrow, simplistic view of what constitutes the warrior class. Like they couldn’t get past the idea that a true Warrior Class Hall would somehow have to mean iconic faction soldiers like footmen, grunts, Sentinels, deathguards, etc. working together and that clashed with their desire to keep the factions in stark opposition.

What’s sad is that the Halls of Valor could have still worked with Odyn calling up champion Warriors from both factions (along with some neutral ones) to lead and fight alongside his Valarjar. There’s even potential thematic seeding for such an idea with Fjornson Stonecarver’s idle text gushing over the valor and ferocity of Azeroth’s mortal champions.

There’s no good reason that having all the titan stuff had to preclude also involving some known Warrior heroes from WoW. As much as I liked the Skyhold and titan stuff for their own internal reasons, I still have to admit that the Warrior class experience felt more “alone” than any of the others and came across more like the sort of thing that every class should have been experiencing as part of the overall Legion meta plot. To the point that the Skyhold’s concluding story even ended up being tied to non-class-specific content (the Mage Tower) because for all intents and purposes, the Skyhold content was really more a branch of the Stormheim narrative borrowed for Warriors’ use than its own properly class-driven campaign.

4 Likes

I don’t play warrior. But of all the class halls Warrior felt the weakest. Because it didn’t seem like the ‘Warrior Class Hall.’ It felt like the ‘Titan Construct Class Hall.’

The location itself could have worked but they 100% should have added in more familiar faces with more warriors from across Azeroth brought in. Or maybe even the spirits of some deceased warriors like Grom and Lothar or something at the very least.

1 Like

Okay, I am confused here. What do you mean “anymore?” :wink:

I would argue both Saurfang and Baine have gotten a LOT of development. And while Muradin could use development, he is a racial leader. I don’t really feel like he belongs as part of a neutral class hall (Same goes for Baine). The others, sure.

I actually found the fact that you were recruiting the Ulduar keepers as a cool touch. Especially since you were recruiting the ones based on Norse warrior gods, Thor and Hodr. It felt very much like seeking the pinnacle of warrior power. But maybe that is just me.

Personally, I found the shaman one to be the one that felt the most lacking. The priest aesthetic was not much better. And the demon hunter one just felt, meh.

Dunno, maybe it was just the valhalla aspect to it. The norse mythology nerd in me. I liked it a lot. I liked the idea that Odyn was just a disfunctional titan robot that just likes to well… fight stuff. While yeah other stuff couldve been great i dont think it was a waste at all. I had a lot of fun with it shrug

I stand corrected!

And I would argue that Baine has gotten no development. The writers can have him show up in as many story moments and cinematic they want, it doesn’t equal character development. He has to actually evolve and change as a character, which he has not in the least.

Sure didn’t stop Velen and Moira from showing up in the priest hall.

Finding his spine. He has stepped up and actually done things. We saw him go from just standing on the sidelines, to disliking the actions but still fighting for the Horde, to finally standing up for his beliefs and doing something. It is not as much as some others. But it is there. More than a lot.

Doesn’t mean it was a good thing. And they were not followers.

Yeah it does, it just means they saw the defense of Azeroth as more important than their factions at the time, like every character during Legion should have. It doesn’t matter if they were followers or not, they were still fairly important to the narrative of that order hall.

1 Like

Odyn aside, is Ra-den likable? Prior to this, all we know of him was that he helped build the Elemental Planes, and was really depressed the Titans died. Even after we fought him in ToT (…for some reason) he continued to mope about not doing anything. Even here, he’s still depressed when we see him again.

Like… is he actually likable or are people just projecting a personality onto him? I like his design and theme, but personality wise there’s nothing to him.

Or is this more of a “lost potential” thing?

2 Likes

I think people are somewhat projecting a personality onto Ra-Den. He is a sympathetic guy and people want to like him. I suspect his depressive state resonates with a fair number of players.

4 Likes

It did with me as well, since when I first read Ra-den being more likable, I was like “yeah he’s pretty likable” but then I started to really think about it and wondered what exactly was likable about him.

My guess is that the likableness comes from a natural desire to see someone with depression overcome it.

5 Likes

Sure, Thorim and Hodir were neat in isolation. But the complete lack of any known player race warriors to draw upon was a let down for me. And having each and every one being titan related until extra follower was meh for me at least.

1 Like