8.2 prot warrior nerf

Warriors take less physical damage than a prot paladin currently when shield block is up, safeguard is something but not what I was looking for in terms of utility (think brez), rally helps but raid style CDs is something most every class has, fear has applications but more a liability than benefit, and the stuns are far inferior than other tanks have, one of which has to be talented.

Warriors have no real per-pull utility like other tanks. Their thing was damage. With that gone they may take “physical” damage well, but don’t bring anything that supplements the group that other tanks do.

It might be “fine” or this might put Warriors in line with other tanks damage output, but in terms of whether or not you bring a warrior over a tank knowing we have no utility, I think it’s a no brainer.

8 Likes

I would come up with some reasons you are so incredibly wrong, but I feel like you are in an emotional state at which you will always have some way of dismissing a utility that warriors bring.

one quick example you say

Just because another class brings this utility does not dismiss the warrior bringing it as well.

3 Likes

How funny you tell me how dismissive I am, while refusing to respond in detail to my points, thereby dismissing the entire post.

We have things, but by and large we have very little. Our thing is damage. Just so happens dps is supposed to be the primary source of that.

1 Like

So you begin your post listing 4 items a warrior brings and immediately say well we have these BUTTTT other people bring them to so its not fair. I do not need to sit here and try to prove what a class brings when you have already started the process.

I will agree that warriors are not utility heavy and dps is a portion of what you would consider a utility and or benefit they bring, so you do win there. However my point is what utility they do bring you immediately shun it as being dismissive and thus do not consider it utility at all.

2 Likes

If I do “shun” our utility it is because on a per pull basis it does minimal or next to nothing.

We are going to have our damage in line with others, but m+ is about aoe damage and utility from your comp. I would like to have something to contribute to the group, but right now I have damage.

I would love to lay on hands or battle rez, for example. I would like a mass grip, mass silence, or ranged interrupt, heal, actual self-heal, dispel but I have nothing that resembles those for starters. I can go on.

Coincidentally I heal through leech which is directly linked to damage done. Totally a “Kappa” moment.

1 Like

I think the main “utility” we bring to a group is Battle Shout.

Your utility can be replaced by scroll.

4 Likes

Warriors bring plenty of utility.
Bdks are the worst about it

Battleshout is still 3% more dps for classes affected by it. Why do you think they had monks in the mdi. 4% physical increase for prot warrior and the 2 rogues makes the monk on a technicality doing more damage then the rogues

3 Likes

In the mind of a blizzard class balance individual.

Dk’s busted for 3 expansions simultaneously having the most utility and survivability (save brewmaster monks) and the best tank for challenge modes in WoD, Mythic + in all of legion, and even the start of bfa for M+ with massive over-representation in all of the legion MDI’s.

Don’t touch them they’re perfect.

Prot warriors kinda busted for 1 patch… must nerf immediately.

4 Likes

Thats some micky mouse math right there, 3% more attack power does not = 3% more dps. It does mean more dps, just no-where near 3%.

The actual formula for dps output of an ability is approximately this:

(Attack Power + Weapon DPS * 6) * AP Coefficient * Damage Multiplier

which means without getting to much into the math here, is about a 1.1% damage per ability, still significant but not as significant as 3%. Theres alot more complicated math when you start getting into the data of scaling and diminishing returns. Simply put it’s not as valuable as you seem to think it is.

2 Likes

Well Thunderclap without BS is 6315 with BS 6890 (9.1% increase) Warscroll 6717 (6%)
Shield Slam 9287 to 10212 (9.9 % increase) Warscroll 9937 (7%)

For fury 22937 to 24927 for rampage (8.7% increase) Warscroll 24330 (6%)
Bloodthirst 6566 to 7222 (10% increase) Warscroll 7025 (7%)

But, it’s, not, gone?

Alright, sure. Reroll and goodbye.

How funny that you did the same to all the previously made points.

Sorry, being able to ignore essentially 1-shot mechanics isn’t “what you’re looking for”?

The only other tank with an aoe stun is monk though…?

They got nerfed though…?

Jesus Christ not in raid hahahahaha
Early WoD bdk? Early Legion bdk? Everything before SoO bdk? Good joke.

4 Likes

Funny going by that formular (Attack Power + Weapon DPS * 6) * AP Coefficient * Damage Multiplier. If you did (Attack Power + Weapon DPS * 6) * AP Coefficient (1.1) * Damage Multiplier. It still equals 10% thus it is still roughly 3%

1 Like

Don’t know what this means, but it looks like you used PEMDAS. I’ll click the like button!

1 Like

Your entire post is disingenuous. In addition, coming from a level 20 leads me to believe you main a different class, which sort of indicates why you are biased against this class.

I can respond to your points. I will not.

1 Like

Just an FYI, before you embarrass yourself further… he has a lot more experience on warrior than you. Consider this friendly advice.

2 Likes

I still fail to see how this in anyway will hurt warrior dominance in terms of tanking.
Its a reduction of damage, but mot survivability.

To be honest, it would be better to.improve other tank classes and nerf warrior damage.
DK needs more utility and better damage scaling.
Vengeance needs better passive mitigation and longer demon spike time.

Bears need…a lot.

I feel like we are overlooking how much damage warriors are currently putting out. Based on what is changing is not going to level them with other classes and with the ever growing item levels out there tanks are going to need less and less utility and more pew pew damage.

If you poorly base it off the numbers and immediately jump to o warrior nerfed to the bottom again then I feel bad and maybe you would be better suited on a guardian druid…

1 Like

i love my warrior but let be real that comparing my prot pally to my prot warrior. I like the fact that with pally i can heal myself, use many utility spells that can protect myself or other teammates. However lets be honest that prot warriors can mitigate large amounts of physical damage however by the same coin they can also dish out a very high amount of physical damage. Damage was one of the reasons why I’d rather to play my prot warr compared to my prot pally mostly due to causing damage is considered to be very fun plus outdpsing some DPS classes in m+ is also very cool.

1 Like