8.2.5 release is now soon

with it being in the next few weeks we are sure to see the story soon

5 Likes

The disappointment is on the horizon.

37 Likes

I think you mean to say “now we will see how badly they are going to time gate the story for no reason”.

9 Likes

finally new content !!

1 Like

Party Sync is simply a new implementation of the Timewalking Mechanic.

It does have limits though, it won’t sync down past 60.

Hold on to your butts. /Mr. Arnold

2 Likes

Pfft! Oh yeah, mood.

1 Like

I’m excited to see what happens, in a masochistic/schadenfreude kind of way.

13 Likes

I’m interested in seeing what happens. Not in a masochistic sort of way, because it’s a work of fiction that I try not to let fiction ruin my day one way or the other.

Bad stories can still hold your attention. Just go watch “Thankskilling” if you don’t believe me.

Sylvanas: “AZEROTH… IS… FREE!!!”

And then we will all be friends again.

Calling it here

6 Likes

Don’t forget the world scales as well so even if you’re level 60 you might not necessarily be blowing up quest mobs and it, hopefully, doesn’t negatively affect your friend’s experience gain.

The more I think about it the more I think it has a lot of RP potential as well. A teacher or higher ranked member of your guild guiding you through history to help you learn how to be x class or the history of the organization through the years. It’d be a good way to introduce newer members to your guild story.

did they say that? if they did, i’m gonna be mightily disappointed. I was hoping to be able to use this guy to quest with friends in the low level stuff.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23151436/party-sync-preview

Levels will be scaled down to the cap of the expansion content your lowest-level party member qualifies for. As an example, if your lowest-level player is level 83 your level will be scaled down to level 90. However if they’re level 21, your character will be scaled down to level 60.

Someone in the comments asked about experience and since you’re in the same scaling bracket you won’t hurt their experience from quests or monster kills so you can still quest with people, you just won’t get scaled down quite as far as we all thought.

2 Likes

Watch blizz have to push this back

1 Like

Will the gear synch down far enough? Like, you can scale Carm down to level 20 all you want, but if she’s still in the equivalent of level 20 purples…

Kinda on the fence to excite me.

On one hand there’s Derek’s conclusion but on the other hand they skipped the focus on Ashvane for Nazjatar.

My main concern for the patch itself is how bare bones it is, and wondering if people will be fine with nothing legitimately exciting coming until 8.3 (which would probably be in January, or at least the raid would be launching then). Party synch doesn’t really interest me, nor do I have a goblin / worgen character. The war campaign really isn’t meaningful content either, when you get right down to it. The only way I’ll even do the quests is if I’m backed into it, like for a neck upgrade or something.

The true boss for a raiding guild is the roster boss, and BfA has made it quite difficult. 3 months of nothing new is quite discouraging, to say the least.

I’ve just hit peak fatigue with the story. I don’t expect a satisfactory ending for it, especially since they’re hinting that Anduin has a role in it (When has adding Anduin to a story made it better?). I’ll likely just read spoilers for the quests and cinematics here on the forums and call it a day.

One of two things are going to happen, and both are surprisingly in my favor…

1. The conclusion of the BfA War story will give me and many others the satisfaction that we have been waiting for, for a long time and reason to start playing the retail game again.

Or…

1. The conclusion will be the final nail in the coffin, and will finally set me free from the icy grip this game has had on my life for a decade and a half.

Either way… I’ll come out on top. No middle ground here. The carrot on the stick will either be replaced, or rot away.

7 Likes

I’m rather late to the game on this comment, but it’s just recently been pointed out to me that the zones level up to their expansion’s max content. That is to say, yes, if your friend is level 20, you will only scale down to level 60, but the zones will scale up to level 60 to you (and only level 20 to your friend) so you will both still get the appropriate gameplay scale to feel like you’re playing together at the same strength.

Testing also oddly shows that max level players scaled down actually generally do less damage percentage than their friends they’re helping level.

This makes sense to me, given that gear scaling in WoW has always been a little odd. For example, I have a very specially curated Timewalking gear set that takes advantage of wonky gem slot and stat distribution from earlier expansion that blows anyone wearing regular max ilevel gear out of the water when we’re running Timewalking dungeons.

At the very least, I can look forward to no longer having to clash with other Horde players in defense of a character I’m not particularly proud of to begin with.

On an irrelevant note; Vol’jin>Sylvanas

4 Likes