8.2.5 Patch Notes... Player Scaling vs. Twinking?

In the patch notes released today Blizz announced…

Relaxing Level Restrictions

We’ve also relaxed level restrictions, so lower-level players can queue for instanced content (such as Battlegrounds and dungeons) in their level range, and higher-level players can choose to join them by having their level scaled down. Please note that unlike Timewalking, when your level is scaled, you will temporarily lose access to abilities and powers (such as Azerite Traits and over-level spell, abilities, talents, and trinkets’ effects) with requirements that exceed your reduced level.

My question is… what is essentially the difference between this and XP off?

Will separate queues for XP off be removed, because honestly, this effectively is the same…

A 120 can run old content and pick up old BiS for the appropriate level, then queue for a low level BG with a low level buddy and it the same thing as having a well geared twink in the BG, no?

Am I not understanding something here?

1 Like

I K NOW RIGHT, B(AD)FA BAD, CLASSIC GOOD, that’s my argument cya everyone

1 Like

Unless things changed since I tested this feature - when you activate party sync it disables basically all properties that gear of the higher level has and enables a rough template. That includes enchants, passive effects, active effects, secondary stat allocation.

Rejoice, there is zero reason to use this feature in pvp. So pvp will still be the sh*tshow it is currently - loaded with fotm specs and healer imbalances. Not seeing any incentive to use this for pve either.

why does 8.2.5 look like a step back instead of one forward. Extra items on BMAH so far are just ordos items. Ashran is still garbage, RAF is still memes. Timewalking lord rhyolith rip. Been waiting years for models just to get postponed. class changes are a meme. No vendors, arena is in the WORST state its ever been. Back to classic

Yep - nothing to look forward to. Just stick to classic, BFA is beyond redemption.

But if you equipped gear appropriate to the scaled dow level… say BiS MoP end game with enchants etc… from that level … your saying they wouldn’t work? That’s kind of crap if so.

Not actually loving BfA at the moment, but you classic spamming fanbois are really friggin annoying. Go derail threads over in Classic will you…

my post got stealth removed by the cm’s and all i said was what a bad patch 8.2.5 was…lol.

1 Like

You just wait, standardization of stats will be next thanks to this post, OP.