8.2.5 Discussions (Spoilers Ahoy!)

Now see, with that title, All I saw was a play on Guns n’ Roses song title: I Used to Love Her (But I Had to Kill Her). It was part of the pop culture references to GnR in the chain, so that’s all I noticed. For further info on the references:

I mean, Blizzard has practically made taking a dump on the Night Elf community an art form.

1 Like

Nono. Thats wrong. ROMMATH (sp?) Wanted her to gtfo, to which lor’themar says, “whatever she may be, she is still a child of quel’thalas.”

At least he makes effort to be somewhat level headed when it comes to his exiles

1 Like

You’re both right. Lor’themar initially welcomes Alleria, then after her void reacts with the Sunwell, he tells her that Quel’thalas is no longer her home.

2 Likes

Wait, is that the first guy or the other guy?

check notes

Well, you can kind of argue that their being hesitant of the Void is still a similar kind of thing, since they’ve used equally-if-not-more dangerous powers in the past.

Which is cool, by the way, and it’s way closer to the kind of realpolitik that a lot of people want there to be. I just wish it was more explicit, instead of it just sort of being that this race of savvy, subtle politikers are utterly convinced of things that straight-up aren’t true.

): I love those games… my wife got them for me as a present.

I have fond memories of WC1.

Of course, it was the 90s, I was a wee tyke and didn’t know better.

Kind of neat how the banner on the forums is now Ragnaros instead of Azshara, isn’t it?

I have to wonder if the leak about the internal politics at Blizzard is also accurate. Is the Classic team jockeying for the position of designing the next expac or does the BfA team have that?

2 Likes

All this is news to me. Just as a matter of general policy, though, I’d be okay with the BfA team being transferred to a phone help line in Saskatchewan.

3 Likes

“We don’t allow negativity in the customer service dojo.”

5 Likes

I’m assuming all those leaks are bored classic fans waiting for launch. They’re straight out of the classic talking points:
No one here takes pride in their work.
No one here remembers the game before Cata.
No one here actually plays the game.
No one here talks to each other.

The only major issue I have with BfA is the overall narrative is really bad, and that’s set by a handful of people at the top.

Well, and islands and warfronts turned out to be fairly boring, but I’m not sure that’s something they should of have been able able to realize and correct before launch. Some new ideas work, some don’t.

1 Like

Yeah, aren’t warfronts kind of…over?

Like, the concept was a battle between Horde and Alliance, but it looks now we’re onto Siege of Orgrimmar 2: I Want Orgrimmore, so…there’s no real reason to fight each other? I guess they could make something like Sylvanas Loyalists vs. Alliance, but what would be the point?

1 Like

Id wager that we arent going to find out who “won” the Warfronts until the next Chronicle

I’m not even talking about canonical winners, I mean the very function of warfronts is now moot. A major selling point of BfA had only two excursions before being retired.

1 Like

I could see them doing one more, in which either Horde or Alliance players can fight loyalist NPCs, for a couple of reasons; one, to avoid this being true, and two, because obviously a warfront where you storm Orgrimmar and defeat the minions of the evil Warchief is not the same thing as a raid where you storm Orgrimmar and defeat the minions of the evil Warchief, it is in fact new and exciting.

1 Like

But what about loyalists who want to murder ‘you people’…

I think warfronts are going to join the entire second half of WoD as something Blizzard will quietly kick under the rug while whistling.

2 Likes

That’s kind of depressing.

We criticize not because we want Blizzard to fail, but because we need to point out where they did fail. And so far, it feels like most of BfA’s features have been a massive flop.

The War Campaign is uncomfortable, exploitive and uninteresting.

Warfronts did two things and don’t exist anymore.

Azerite armor had to be redone. Essences had to be introduced because class pruning had gone too far. Gearing up is an absolute nightmare.

I guess we still have Island Expeditions?

2 Likes

Cough Less interesting RNG MoP Scenarios Cough

2 Likes