8.2.5 Discussions (Spoilers Ahoy!)

I’m aware.

But if this combo-clan is an amalgamation of all the others, and if Dorutan was prominent (as I seem to remember they said he was) in rebuilding Draenor alongside the Draenei during their era of peace, then why is Frostwolf influence not more apparent in the next generation’s way of thought – even or especially in Dorutan and Draka’s actual daughter?

Yes, I know that the real answer is “because Blizzard writing.” And yes, I know what explanations Blizzard would probably give of why Geya’rah would turn out this way. But when the matter is barely even addressed in the first place, and the serious issues involved are handled with such an utter lack of respect and subtlety, it’s just a form of annoying nonsense.

3 Likes

I want taquito’s now.

Monster.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessarily bad writing for Geya’rah to fail at living up to her Frostwolf roots because of how thoroughly the clans have been decimated. That she would identify more of her personality in aggressive opposition to the Lightbound as part of a new, disconnected generation of Mag’har.

Her being more infatuated with the present of her past being stolen from her than taking any actual lessons from that past is one of the only interesting things to come out of the B-tier Allied Races this whole expansion.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s bad writing for this to be a foundational aspect of her character. What I do think is bad writing is the fact that most of what you just said must be inferred by the player, in the absence of Blizzard’s narrative addressing it.

In particular, this part:

Has, as far as I’m aware, not been addressed by the narrative at all.

Edit: I hate this forum interface a lot.

1 Like

Literally everything about the Mag’har scenario and any characters that come out of it is garbage tier writing I wouldnt expect out of the worst of FanFiction[.]net and only serves to retroactively ruin the only part of WoD that was actually enjoyable.

They could have given the Horde Outland Mag’har with 0 problems but Blizzards unhealthy infatuation with Grom Hellscream cannot be contained and they couldnt help themselves but to show us just how much of a gosh darn hero a literal genocidal monster was.

8 Likes

The mag’har scenario reads like it was written by one of those people who unironically think the Alliance is a metaphor for white imperialism.

Which, to be honest, it very well could’ve been.

6 Likes

I purchased taquito’s. And donuts.

1 Like

Give them to me.

That they felt the need to triple dip into their Grom fetish makes me roll my eyes so hard I can see my synapses firing.

1 Like

The donuts are cold and have a crunch.

Honestly I want to know what that looks like myself.

Oh good, then it turns out that I actually agree with you. :grin:

I still don’t know why they can’t be monks.

1 Like

No fun allowed!

They’re so infused with the light that their punches heal

2 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

let me be a Lightforged jed’hin master monk, you cowards

2 Likes

LFDraenei definitely should have got Monks. And even Shaman, considering some link between shamanism and the Light has been there since Rise of the Horde. ('Member how the orcs shamanic offerings of prayers and water helped keep K’ure alive and prevented it from going void? Anyone? Bueller?)

Other AR class missteps:

Highmountain Paladins and Priests. They have a literal “Path of An’she”, there were AP items and artifact relics named after An’she, they say “An’she guide you.” The lore of Sunwalkers and Seers tells us that, through learning from Kaldorei, the Kalimdor Tauren began to over-emphasize Mu’sha at the expense of An’she, but there’s no reason to suggest the same thing ever happened in Highmountain. Fact is, Highmountain worship An’she and never stopped. Then with Priests, you’ve got the whole spiritwalker and void thing going on, not to mention the kobold quest. Missed opportunity big time.

Highmountain Warlocks. I can think of nothing more quintessentially tauren then allowing their lost Bloodtotem brothers to repent and use their newfound powers for good.

Zandalari Warlocks. There’s literally one in-game. They have lore going back to Vanilla. C’mon Blizzard.

Kul’Tiran Paladin. In Warcraft 1, 2, and 3, ALL HUMANS WORSHIPED THE LIGHT. Now, that’s not to say I don’t absolutely love harvest witches and Tidesages and all that good stuff. It’s great. It’s awesome. Making Human societies religiously pluralistic with competing cults is even awesomer. Keep the Light in Kul’Tiras, heck, make it a minority faith if you want. Give us Kul’Tiran (and Worgen) Paladin.

Zandalari, Kul’Tiran, Mag’har, Dark Iron DK. Mercenaries who signed up with the Argent Dawn, just like all the other DK races. Dark Iron are Thorium Brotherhood initially, Mag’har would canonically be MU Mag’har who came over with Garrosh. We didn’t see them because they returned to their respective peoples, not to the Alliance and Horde.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

4 Likes

All races should be allowed to be all classes. There is not one class/race combination that cant be given some sort of lore friendly explanation.

9 Likes

Lightforged should’ve AT LEAST gotten rogues. That would’ve been a pretty big “woah” to set them apart from normal Draenei.

4 Likes

That there are some races that can’t be rogues is peak nonsense

4 Likes