8.2.5 Actually Sounds... Really Good

For those who don’t know yet, Blizzard released the notes of what’s coming in the first 8.2.5 PTR update.

EDIT: Note that this is the FIRST iteration of the 8.2.5 PTR version. Later versions will most definitely have Azerite changes, the meat of the patch (War Campaign and story progression), and probably even more little things to do.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-2-5-ptr-development-notes/237019?u=genegerbread-dalaran

A TL;DR for those who don’t care to read the entire post:

Worgen and Goblin Model Updates

• Models, faces and animations completely updated.

15th Anniversary

• Lil’ Nefarian pet and other in-game package goodies
  • 3 unique raids from old expansions (Obsidian Worldbreaker mount for doing all 9 bosses from these 3 raids that’ll be re-released)
  • Old School Alterac Valley where you can farm a currency to get a new mount depending on your faction

Alliance Bee Mount

• To counter the direhorn questline in Zuldazar, the Alliance will finally be able to access their bee mount questline in Stormsong Valley!

Firelands Timewalking

Blizzard confirmed that Firelands is the Cataclysm raid that we’ll be able to visit during Cataclysm Timewalking week.

Party Sync

• Become aligned in the same quest state (phases) to make doing quests in parties with friends easier
  • Mouse over quest to see who’s on quest and their progress
  • “Replay Quest” feature to let players who finished lower level quests to re-do quests to receive rewards appropriate for current level
  • Relaxed level restrictions on instanced content with friends (have your level scaled down if you want to do a lower level dungeon with a lower level friend)

Recruit a Friend is Back

• It’s back! URL generation tool to create link to give to friends. See purchased game time and available rewards through this link
  • Each month that recruits have game time, you get a new reward

This is only the first iteration of 8.2.5. There’s certainly more that’s coming. This seems very promising to me. I especially like the sound of the mechanics they’re using for the anniversary, as well as party sync.

What say you?

14 Likes

Yes because of this

3 Likes

I just kinda assumed this was the reason they ended up adding it into the game. Kinda makes sense to me.

RIP lack of allied races.

I won’t say about the content right now as I haven’t played it yet, it sounds interesting, let’s see.

Also, why are they putting an anniversary thing in the patch notes? Did they lack something else to talk about so they added it to fill the gaps? Usually this type of stuff is not related to a patch or minor patch.

4 Likes

They obviously have a lot more coming. They’re probably gonna be adding a new micro holiday or two, and there’s the War Campaign. Either way, these .5 patches are much bigger than they used to be. I like them.

As for the anniversary event, it’s nice to see all the content coming with the anniversary. I think it’s great they’re doing all of this for the 15th anniversary, and I was happy to hear from them specifically about what we’d be doing. It’s a nice touch.

2 Likes

Imagine taking an entire year to implement a bee mount

37 Likes

When they gonna add account wide AP? Hamster wheelin’ alts is BS.

9 Likes

I do hate how they blue-balled us about that.

I honestly think account-wide essences at least will be an announcement in an upcoming set of patch notes.

3 Likes

It sounds nice, yes, but I do question if they did not have enough things to talk about.

I hope so, although I think they would have just said about it since the begging, it’s more their style instead of hiding things.

Just happy you guys get no more horse. i started to wonder if you like horse meat.

1 Like

Looks pretty bland tbh. Not much going on

21 Likes

I think it’s pretty obvious that they have a lot more to talk about. If I were them, I wouldn’t reveal the story content of 8.2.5, which is probably it’s main feature. We JUST saw Mythic Azshara killed, and what we do in 8.2.5 will almost certainly be a big ending to the War Campaign and/or setting up for 8.3.

They don’t want to spoil that, it seems.

1 Like

Sounds great to me! I’m really excited for the bee mount and updated models!

1 Like

To be fair, it’s a .5 patch, and as I said in the original post, they said that this is the stuff only coming to the first iteration on the PTR.

We have a lot more to see in terms of Azerite, Heritage Armor, and the War Campaign, which is most likely being wrapped up.

I ate all of my horses. The gryphons are too expensive to be considered poultry, however.

Me too!

1 Like

Imagine being so negative you can still find something to complain about.

10 Likes

I like this. Now I like a lot of what was said but this here is something I would enjoy. Now just need some friends. :frowning:

5 Likes

My worgen and goblin mains are ecstatic.

1 Like

it is a .5 patch. Just nothing worth being excited about to me. I dont play worgen/goblin/alliance so there goes a lot of it

I dont like it when they bring back old raids because they always butcher them to LFR difficulty and it ends up tarnishing once great experiences

Its ok though. Its BfA and this has kinda become the status quo.

5 Likes

Sonofa… :woman_facepalming:t4: This would have been REALLY nice to know before I bought my kid her own account 3 weeks ago.

3 Likes

I’d say this is more a counter for Kua’fon. We’d need something like a quest to get a Saurolisk mount to counter the direhorn mount.

2 Likes