8.1 Tides of Vengeance thread

Yeah I can see that. I have to admit new dalaran is kinda balls.

I just got my Pureblood Firehawk after farming for it for months. I take that as a good omen for the future of the game, discussion over.

5 Likes

I thought they said they wanted to make portals more prevalent, not less. Buggers D: Dalaran’s better still be there.

i adored the scenario

fighting alongside maiev and shandris? amazing

fighting alongside the sentinels and all the named wardens? love it!

watching tyrande blow up massive groups of horde? hell yes!

in the final confrontation with nathanos, watching those filthy zombies screaming in agony and pleading for mercy as divine retribution rips them apart? OH YEAH BABEY

i havent gotten any mounts from the darkshore rares, though. 7/10

2 Likes

The scenario was great until the very end where the dead night elves started going “LOL HORDE”

Nothing can make that not insultingly stupid.

10 Likes

This is my opinion.

1 Like

I now get to see every other Night Elf running around with 1980’s-era alien eyes.

Fantastic.

Looks like Blizzard killed the CrossRP add-on.

Time to un-sub.

8 Likes

Yeah, just found this out, and I’m legitimately sickened. They just bent my entire guild over a barrel.

Back to using our bnet community for RP, it seems.

9 Likes

The add-on developer is going to be posting a forum thread. Once he drops it in the CrossRP Discord I’m going to spread it to the various cross-faction Discords I’m currently a part of.

I recommend anyone who enjoys this add-on to do the same.

It’s unlikely Blizzard gives a single F*CK about their playerbase, but it’s better than doing nothing.

And yes, Blizzard, I am going to circumvent your stupid F*CKING filter.

9 Likes

A petition? If so, I’ll keep my eyes open. They may listen, they may not, either way, I’m not just going to accept this and move on.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, they like…sometimes at least pretend to have our backs? The whole reason sharding is disabled for legacy zones on RP realms is because of the troubles it was giving Tournament of Ages.

Maybe we just have to complain enough.

8 Likes

What a stupid, pointless, malicious thing to do.

Just blithely taking away a function that harmed nothing and a lot of people enjoyed.

This whole thing about doubling down on faction conflict and barriers is so screamingly insane to begin with. It’s been clear for several years that MMO players prefer loosened faction barriers and the ability to talk and work with people in other factions, this has held out across every game I’m aware of. MMOs in general are much less popular than they used to be. This is an exceptionally bad time for developers to double down on exactly what their customers don’t want.

12 Likes

Wait, there’s a CrossRP discord? :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I posted a link to it in the Waylight Outreach Discord.

2 Likes

If people can stay civil, but firm, there are enough people this is important to, to make a difference. I know it’s easy to be jaded and dismiss Blizzard as ignoring us, and maybe sometimes they do.

That’s why this time, we need to make sure they can’t. This time, they have crossed a line.

puts on Braveheart facepaint

This time, we will not wait and see. We will not be told what we want. We will not be told we simply don’t understand. FOR ARPEEEEEEEEEE!

12 Likes

If a thread goes up I swear I’m liking it on every one of my toons.

Cross RP is the best RP addon in WoW history, and I’ll be damned if I’ll sit around smiling when they break the addon for no good reason. :frowning:

3 Likes

Just to be the voice of charity here, was there maybe a good reason and this wasn’t targeted at CrossRP specifically? Like, could there be some kind of security issue with addons pulling from battle.net communities? I don’t know enough about programming to even guess at the particulars.

3 Likes

I’m REALLY hoping this is an unintended side effect of something like this. They had to stop a different addon, and CrossRP got caught in that change. In which case, we may be able to make a case for allowing us to continue having fun :frowning:

I think this is a decent possibility, considering that I keep my ear to the ground about this kind of stuff, and I’ve yet to hear about anything negative, for anyone, coming about from CrossRP’s existence.

6 Likes

According to Blue, the add-on creator, there’s a possibility they protected Community messages in order to make sure users could not pull from recorded logs that CrossRP and similar add-ons create.

Whether that’s the actual reason or not is unclear. CrossRP is the only add-on that utilized Community functionality, however, so it’s targeted one way or another.

1 Like