8.1 features not in game? Or am I missing something?

1. Honorbound and 7th Legion Scouting Map
These account-bound items teach all Zand/KT flight paths to an alt. They do not appear to be purchasable by the War Campaign Emissary vendors as patch notes advise. Please clarify where I can buy these.

2. "The Tortollans have new trinkets they’re willing to share if you’ll help the baby turtles make it to the water."
I do not see trinkets on any of the Tortollan vendors.

3. Death Strike (Rank 2) now reduces the cost of Death Strike by 10 and increases its healing by 60% (was 40%).
A quick test shows my Death Strike and tooltip are unchanged from 8.1. Clarification on this line in the patch notes please?

4. Emissary quests no longer show timer
Is this a bug or is this our life now?

5. 100 Exalted Reputations mount and title
PSA: log in each character with unique exalted reps to count towards achieve. I just got the Beloved title.

2 Likes

I did see turtle WQ’s that awarded a chance of ring or trinket.

Not sure about others.

Did the turtle WQ and got a 325 ilvl trinket.

Might have come in handy about a week or two into the game.

Now I"d like to see 370 trinkets or rings at minimum hoping for better one.

It’s not on a vendor, just do the quest.

I did a Tortollan WQ for a chest that may or may not have a trink, and got a ring that is not relevant ilvl(325). I assume these trinks will not be relevant ilvl either? So I guess “just do the quest” was sensationalism.

This process is a far cry from “new trinks they’re willing to share” but I guess this is another step towards keeping expectations low with Activision-Blizzard.

Okay, one 8.1 disappointment clarified. Next.

2 Likes

The only way they might have any relevance would be if a new leveled 120 could get them at 325 ilvl, if they scale down due to ilvl then they are worthless except to scrap / de / sale if they still have vendor price.

Was wondering where the maps are myself don’t see anything about it.

They took them out for reasons. Blue post here.

1. As others have said, they’re rewards for the WQs, not something you can buy from the rep vendor.

lol I wonder how long soon is

You literally have to help baby turtles reach the water. Look at the reward for that world quest…

No way to know from patch notes that the rep I got exalted with doesn’t provide the trinks “willingly”. No way to know that there is a chance to get a low ilvl trinket from WQs that do NOT require helping turtles to the water. I did a Make Loh Go WQ and got a 325 ilvl ring. I’m 358 avg ilvl.

I learned from the Death Knight forums that the line about Death Strike in the patch notes was in the wrong section for DKs- the change was only for UH and Frost.

Thank you for your help folks. Look at the power of forum feedback and communication!

Is the lack of an Emissary quest timer intended? or a bug? I don’t see it in patch notes.

2 Likes