8.1 Disc PvP feedback

They’ve gone too far like everything else they nerf and I’m done healing and PvPing with disc … as if our damage was good anyways, what a joke!

4 Likes

At least you can survive a double melee cleave for longer than 5 seconds.

Bro… Just because you are bad at your class doesn’t mean a healing class should be deleted from the game…

Well I mean I would trade all of my mobility for your infinite freedoms, stuns, mounts, and bubbles in a heart beat…

I think they should buff shadow mend or make trinity work in 2v2. These nerfs were over the top and harmed arena pvp too much. If you need to nerf disc raid/AOE healing, do that. A nerf to mana and survivability (we have terrible mobility) were not necessary.

I do understand that these nerfs were pve (and RBG) oriented, but if you consider how many people play the priest class, I doubt they were overrepresented in arena; Blizzard has the exact numbers on that.

If the nerfs to disc were accompanied by shaman/paladin nerfs, it also might have been alright. Shamans are extremely well represented in the high end arenas, and we will only see their dominance get even better with these nerfs.

1 Like

Priests are also probably represented the most as a proportion of the players playing healing classes. Don’t forget that shadow is underperforming, so you see many of those guys shoehorned in to discipline.

The nerfs were over the top. I expect blizzard to make some adjustments soon.

1 Like

If it really is an unfair environment, I will just leave wow for awhile and do something else. I will come back when it is fair. Going to give it a few weeks and will decide.

2 Likes

Agree. Ithiliel. Disc is overpowered in large settings. I wish they could have buffed single target healing in small group settings. Trinity is nice, but doesn’t work in 2v2.

2 Likes

Implying I don’t play a priest…

I was looking forward to playing disc priest for PvP healing in 8.1. I had even leveled it up to 116 in preparation. After reading about these heavy handed nerfs, looks like I’m going to play Pally for a healer. At least Pally have some ‘oh shat’ abilities to use. Without focused will, Playing disc in PvP will be beyond painful!

2 Likes

don’t give up. holy priests have a gpyro for a heal now…though better.

Nope you are just bad. As a disc I could kill other disc solo.
Consider a disc does not have that much offense.
How do you kill them? CC or just stay on them.
My guess is people who complain have low IL or low skill.

You can trinity in 2v2, but you have to play with a pet class.

I fall into that category , tried shadow a bit it’s not bad and Bettethan before the patch, however doesn’t feel like a complete spec

Its a nice change to that talent…because I liked that talent and used it already even at my lowly level. But Im still a free kill in many situations where i at least had a fighting chance before, because now I have nothing to spam when Im on the run…the moment i stop to cast i get silenced and die.
I mean, i just stopped playing now, because its so obvious and so unenjoyable. And Im just in gutter trash casual pvp.

2 Likes

Yes, I wouldnt do it mate. Unlucky as hell.

2 Likes

I guess the most “unbiased” I can get about these changes is saying they were healthy for the spec in the long run, but still need a big number tunning defense-wise.
Focused will change was trash and 100% uncalled for though, and we’ll need either it to be reversed or some thing like spectral guise or greater fade to make up for its loss.

2 Likes

Is it ever healthy when something is nerfed so much that people just stop playing it?
Theres a post on the bg forum where people say that shadow mend got a buff, so the damage nerf, pw:s nerf, and mana cost increase are all perfectly fine. Err…no. Shadow mend was never that great to begin with, its somewhat better now because you cant use bubble. If you take trinity, shadow mend then has no utility and is just a standalone filler.
It does give me the impression that the spec is too complicated for blizz, so only easy things are done…no effort being made to make useless things useful…eg purified resolve…ive never seen it recommended, never seen any priest specd into it.
Theres too many useful honor talents, too many non-solo/pvp regular talents (imho).

2 Likes

I mean healthy in a sense that spamming shield isnt really a “playstyle”, so weakened soul makes sense if you think about it, its healthy for the long-term design of the class, don’t you agree?
I mean I dont mean “healthy right now”, disc really is hurting from these changes, getting into the unplayable tier. But this might be a matter of numbers really, not playstyle.
What isnt healthy tho is shield only absorbing 14k post-buff, which is almost nothing for something that you can only do once every 7.5 secs, if anything shield should have a 100% bonus absorb when casted on yourself. Another thing that isnt healthy is focused will being so bad right now, those things can be fixed though.

I find that my shield is doing an even greater share of my healing now, because my atonement has been nerfed, and have had to take more defensive talents just to be able to survive a bit more.
I spammed shield when I was being pressured, or when someone else was being pressured pre patch because there was nothing else worth casting. Shadow mend at least does something now, whereas before it was nothing special. However, the playstyle is so butchered, that Im now forced to play with spells i havent used for weeks and have to get used to them again…eg ultimate radiance. My old trinity build i didnt use it…I used trinity/castigation/searing light/dark archangel…now i cant do that without being squishy.
‘we design, you play’…yeah, obviously.
Ive been playing since classic…I personally feel that blizz has never once cared about anything i have said lol. /shrug. The opinions of peasants.

4 Likes