8.1.5 Raid Azerite Gear

They have to make you grind out that AP somehow.

1 Like

I get that, but only being able to unlock 2/5 rings for the exact same ilvl is a bit extreme. Its only going to be a minor upgrade at most. Hell, without being able to unlock everything its most likely a downgrade.

1 Like

One more way to influence the time played metric.

2 Likes

They’re fixing this with 7.2 making it to where your gear is maxed no matter what and it goes back to traits on the neck piece.

But this is the issue they ran into and there was no other way around it. You have to work towards somthing pretty much, but they’ve agreed that it’s unrewarding and really annoying. So they said they were going in a different direction coming 7.2

To be fair, the 385 azerite gear from Dazar’Alor is going to be an incredible step up from the 385 azerite gear you’re wearing now. There will be 1 extra ring which will contain outer ring traits. I think you’re underestimating how huge of a jump in power that that’s going to be.

1 Like

In here somewhere they acknowledge grinding more AP for the same traits isn’t fun, but not going to change in the short term.

Right, the extra ring being unlocked will be an upgrade, but I can only unlock 2/5 if I switch the piece out meaning it will most likely be a downgrade.

Yes! The gear should have traits specific to your spec and should be a significant upgrade. Plus the set pieces look amazing.

1 Like

I have already looked over the new gear, but like I said it will only be a sidegrade or a downgrade unless I can unlock more rings. Offensives are nice, but the defensives (inner rings) are also needed for raiding.

What level is your HoA? Because this char is obv not the one you’re talking about

It’ll be easy once it comes out to obtain levels for your neck. It’s basically frozen right now. You’ll see once it comes out.
It’ll be obtainable, not everything needs to be maxed day 1

Oh I completely agree, I dont mind a grind. I am just saying for the exact same ilvl it doesnt really make sense. It would make more sense for ilvls higher than 385.

1 Like

That’s precisely their intent. To not let players max out gear day 1

Did you read what I posted? I dont want to max out higher ilvl gear day 1. I completely agree with that. I am referring to gear that has the exact same ilvl I already have.

It’s so trash.

This forced AP grind for a neck that does nothing is horrible.

And to the point of having a 385 piece unlocked to another that isn’t? So bad.

Just unlink the two already. I don’t even pay attention to AP in BfA because it has zero fun investment.

I would even settle for 3/5 or 4/5 rings on the same ilvl gear rather than maxing it out. 2/5 seems way too low.

Agreed. This entire concept of traits on gear is bad. It’s a poor replacement for a talent system. It’s stupid because it’s gone in an expansion. They need to stop with this laziness and just revamp the talent system from the ground up.

You should get to max lvl before worrying about azerite gear

I don’t have issues with out talents leveling and I thoroughly enjoyed artifacts but I agree that there needs to be another system to grow with.

Best thing I can think of is utilizing something akin to the sphere grid from FFX. You can select a skill on a huge grid to learn and from there you can Branch out however you see fit. Pick up nodes for enhancements to skills, % increases to dmg, crit, health, defenses, and skill damage.

Eventually you could build a path to another skill on that grid with enough “expertise” from playing your class. The bonuses would work across all specs for you class.

Each class would have their own grid.

Gives freedom to build a character how you see fit.

Receiving two throughput traits compared to a singular one + a passive + a defensive without losing any noticeable primary stat is a downgrade? Are you sure you want to stand by that claim?