8.1.5 currently removing most old portals with no replacement

Hey, I know yes they are adding a new portal room in capitol cities but they are removing MANY portals without providing a replacement.

Please voice your opinions here especially if you are on the PTR.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/stop-removing-the-portals-everyone-wants-to-keep/113678

portals being removed:

basically everything from old and new dalaran
shat and dal portals from two moons
blasted lands portal in org

please correct me if i’m wrong or left some out.

3 Likes

so, all the portals used the most. yeah, it’s extremely obvious why they’re doing this.

stop trying to voice concerns/complaints over stupid design choices and just unsub. they don’t deserve to be succeeding.

5 Likes

I really like the idea of all the portals in one location. I will miss the portals in Dal but as long as there is the stormwind/orgrimmar portal then I think I will be fine.

#EngineeringFTW

1 Like

I think communication is good and they do take feedback into account on the PTR, a blue replied to one of my threads and fixed a huge glitch on the PTR as I was replying back to him.

bfa should’ve taught everyone that feedback pre-release is ignored. they might respond, but they doesn’t mean they care/will/or can even make a change.

2 Likes

keep in mind this means no more karazan or cavern’s of time portals at all with no replacement. Luckily they left all the cataclysm portals up so far so I guess we could take uldum portal for caverns but it’s still considerably longer that way especially if you are running old raids on several toons.

2 Likes

We already have an enormous thread going about this with multiple CM responses, consider posting there instead. Stop removing portals

SW/Org --> Blasted Lands --> Fly to KZ
SW/Org --> Uldum --> Fly to CoT

No replacement needed.

1 Like

Sure I will miss the convenience of being plopped right at their doorstep but it won’t be much longer to fly there from the portals that we do have (Uldum & Blasted Lands).

if you run dragon soul at least 10 times per week it adds up to minimum 30 minutes to an hour of extra total travel time across all characters.

2 Likes

Whats the point? Blizzard has already decided our fate because things were getting to convenient for us.

1 Like

In case Blizzard hasn’t noticed…their players are getting older with more time spent out of game than ever before. Since we are in game less, forcing us to fly FOREVER to get to anyplace but Ogrimmar/Stormwind is beyond stupid. I don’t want to use my limited playing time just getting from point A to point B. They should be creating more portals, not removing them! Keep making the game boring Blizzard and watch your numbers go down, down, down…

Tbh, if I had it my way I would get rid of portal rooms and make mages relevant again

1 Like